Main Menu

Omens spell issues...

Started by Tastian, September 07, 2004, 05:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Wanted to see if there were any other issues missing.  This might get kinda lengthy and somethings might be repeated, but bare with me please hehe.  These are just most of the things I've heard.  Most have already been brought up many times, but want to see if anything is missing.  Some of them have ideas/suggestions listed, some don't.  

1)  Too few beastlord spells.  Atm beastlords have 16 spells well pal/sk/rng have 18 or 19 and even bards have 17 showing.  There were 3 bst-ph spells until recently and bst were since removed from those.

2)  Division of spells.  At 66th level beastlord currently get 2 spells and both of them are spells that the top 10 list addresses.  Chimera blood has almost double the poison counters of previous poison dots and our pet heal still has the 9 sec casting time.

At 67 beastlords get the usual upgrades to a few of their spells and then 68 is a huge boost with new pet, new pet proc, new pet haste.  69 is a hodge podge with new nuke and other things.  Then at level 70 we have our best pet, a long duration disease dot and a fero upgrade.  More on the individual spell issues later, but please fill in other issues that are MIA.  

3)  Missing spells.  From 66 to 70 beastlords get none of the new stat buffs accept +dmg mod on pet buff, no new haste, and no new slow.  Beastlord also still don't have a self only buff at max level.

4)  Individual spell issues...

-  Chimera blood is just too much aggro.  Previous poison dots generate too much aggro and only have about half the intital poison counters.  

-  Healing of mikkily is new pet heal, but again has too long a casting time.  

-  Spiritual ascendance is still showing as 10/10 well the line went 3, 5, 7, 9, previously.  

- Feral guard at 69 is an exact copy of the LDoN PoC spell atm.  Questions involve whether or not the # of hits absorbed will be upped or if this will be changed to absorb dots as well?

-  Festering malady at level 70 is a big issue for many beastlords.  It was one thing to pick up an over 2 minute duration shaman dot from a vender, but now beastlords are going to be spending a rune on a dot that simply isn't built for them.  Since this is a beastlord only spell why isn't it based off of malaria (level 44 bst spell with 9 tick duration) instead of being along the plague line with a 2.1 minute duration?  Changing this spell to be ~9tick duration like malaria and moving it down to 66 since we only have 2 spells there atm would make a lot of beastlords happy.  

-  Ferocity of irionu is our level 70 upgrade to fero.  However, it doesn't upgrade resists.  Also the boost it does give to stamina is very minor since many are capped and sta has a diminishing return at higher values anyway.  Possibly add a mod to the spell or change the +sta to be a stacking + raw hp value intead and boost the saves it gives.  

So...any other actual spell data type of issues?  I know I'm leaving something out here, but I can't recall atm and I don't have time hehe so I'm sure someone will mention it.  8P

Urim

Couple things that need some tweaking with our spells as i see it, gonna be some repeats of things already discussed.

Spiritual Ascendance HAS to either be raised up to 11/11 or have the duration increased in order to justify the increased mana cost. Doing both of these would be the best.

Ferocity of Irionu needs some serious tweaking. As i see it we are paying 150more mana for 37atk and 12sta ... i dunno, maybe its just me but that seems a bit off. The resists should be increased some, at least to 75. Give us some reason why we should NEED this spell.

Healing of Mikkily needs to have cast time reduced to 3ish sec and a recast time put in to keep healing/sec equal to what it is in current state.

Even though i won't be using it, i think an upgrade to Frenzy would be good at a higher lvl for those that wont be maxed on stats.

Dots are fine in my opinion, their agro just need some serious re-evaluating.

Would i like it if we got some of the cool new spell effects like Increase Damage Mod and Increase Avoidance? Hell ya, but i think its probably best to keep those in shaman line for now. It will give them back their spot as premier buffer, something they have been complaining we stole from them and something they should have. Maybe in next expansion we get some of them while theirs get upgraded.

Oh ya, and i would LOVE to have some form of reliable deagro. Roar of Thunder is good because its damage+debuff with no agro but that doesnt help us with out everday melee agro that we generate a ton of. Would love to see a jolt type spell of some sort fill in for a PHer.

Probably leaving some things out, might come back and edit it with more thoughts later.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Rhaynne

QuoteWould i like it if we got some of the cool new spell effects like Increase Damage Mod and Increase Avoidance? Hell ya, but i think its probably best to keep those in shaman line for now. It will give them back their spot as premier buffer, something they have been complaining we stole from them and something they should have. Maybe in next expansion we get some of them while theirs get upgraded.

I totally agree, however I think a Frenzy upgrade that has a Damage % mod or Avoidance % mod would not be out of line, as long as it is self only.  That doesn't detract from Shaman.

I agree on basing the disease slow off Malaria, to make it a fast dot.  I never use plague.  I'd never use the upgrade.

Not having a new nuke until 69 is stupid as well.  We should have one around 67-68.

Tastian

Yeah like I said this isn't all of the suggestions and lots of other things have been mentioned.  The duration on SA needs to go up since we don't have SCRM.  Not being able to sustain MGB'n our one real raid buff is kinda silly.  11/11 makes sense too.

What I've heard from a lot of beastlords is just wanting a self only high level buff.  I think if they put a +avoid mod or damage mod on a beastlord only level 70 spell that doesn't infringe on shaman anymore than mage/bst having +dmg mod on their new pet hastes.  

Some also wanted a jolt type of spell.  hehe just post away anything that isn't on the list or any possible suggestions for changes that might have been missed.  Like I said a lot of this was gone over awhile ago, but wanted to see anything was missing.

Oneiromancer

A group haste spell would be very nice.  When grouping, we only use our haste spells when there isn't a shaman or enchanter in the group anyway, so it's not infringing on them to get that, especially if it's just group Celerity.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Bengali

I've never been big on getting group versions of old buffs in later expansions.  It invariably turns out to be too little, too late.  Either give the group buffs later in the same expansion or give better versions of the single ones in a later expansion.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Grymlok

Personally, I see no reason why our ferocity upgrade shouldn't have the +damage mod on it.  Fero is our "wow" buff.  The one buff we could really say was "best" at something.  +Atk now looks pretty dumb when there are damage modifiers on buffs.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Oneiromancer

Quote from: BengaliI've never been big on getting group versions of old buffs in later expansions.  It invariably turns out to be too little, too late.  Either give the group buffs later in the same expansion or give better versions of the single ones in a later expansion.

Well, except that we get Celerity at 63.  Getting a group version at 65 seems a bit...soon.  Thus, getting it higher than 65 requires a new expansion.  :)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Siodan

Aye something needs to be done, the spells in Omens are absolutly uninspiering, if it wasn't for the AA's (and even those could still be tweaked a bit) there would be no point to the expansion. The only spell i have sen on lucy that is at all nice is the newpet haste wich had a damage mod vs more useless Atk.  I do personaly aggre that SA needs to be 11/11 as well and should be able to last long enough for MGB to refresh before the slepp fades, and they could let us have a reduced timer for MGB like some other classes do..even mak it an aa to cut the time would be nice.  I don't ever use my desise dots they may last long but they don't do near the damage that out poison dots do, in the 7 ticks that Turetpa Blood lasts your doing 121 + 161(7) = 1248 points of damage, where with plauge you are doing 60+ 55(7) = 445 points of damage. and even if you use the full duration of the Plauge 60+ 55(21) = 1215 damage.  I se no reason to use the desise dot ever with thies numbers, when TB fades i simply recast it.
as for fero 150 more mana for 37 more Atk is pointless, i'll just stick to useing fero thank you, at least then the focus issues won't effect it regardless.  and our 9 sec pet heals still need to be addressed the same amount of healing that cleric/dru/shamy get are all 2-4 sec cast times, our pet heal is not a full heal ( most the time ot only a half heal even  without full buffs) so why should it have a full heall cast time? With group heals and pets zoneing i don't bother to heal pet anyways, waest of spell slot and time when it's actualy faster to just resummon pet IF it dies somehow..you just have to be good at the /pet backoff button. I would personaly like to se more of our spells in group version, its just very ehlpfull, and would give alot more ensentive to bother getting thies "upgrades" to our spells.
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Kromjr

Um are they really finished with the beastlord spells? 2 spells at 66 what?
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Bengali

Quote from: Oneiromancer
Quote from: BengaliI've never been big on getting group versions of old buffs in later expansions.  It invariably turns out to be too little, too late.  Either give the group buffs later in the same expansion or give better versions of the single ones in a later expansion.

Well, except that we get Celerity at 63.  Getting a group version at 65 seems a bit...soon.  Thus, getting it higher than 65 requires a new expansion.  :)

Game on,

Or we just don't get a group version of it and get a single target upgrade that doesn't have to be cast every 20 mins and has better haste.  Getting convenience upgrades at a time when others are getting genuine power upgrades just makes us gimpy, particularly when we don't get that many significant upgrades as it is.  Look at what happened with group infusion of spirit.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

flush

What about Swift like the Wind (at 66/67) and SCRM AA?
or even better, group kragg and talisman of alacrity (at 68/69)

I'll even take that quick mgb AA.

The ferocity upgrade at 70 is pathetic. make it group ferocity instead, lasts 2-3x as long as single target ferocity for 2x the mana cost (mgb-able, tgb-able)

new SD at 11/11 and still lasts less than MGB recast time?

Poison dot aggro, new nukes, ho hum, fine, whatever.

A new slow would be expected, doesn't have to be better slow, but make it disease-based (65% slow) or with innate -MR check (-25 or -50, 65% slow)

A new very long-lasting self-buff with dmg shield +5, dmg increase +5 , +25 avoidance, +10 combat effects, 80 atk buff, 400 HP buff and not stackable with BSS/SV/SoT series is fine with me

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

Rhaynne

QuoteWhat about Swift like the Wind (at 66/67) and SCRM AA?
or even better, group kragg and talisman of alacrity (at 68/69)

If shaman don't get new, improved haste, neither should we.

QuoteI'll even take that quick mgb AA.

So would just about any class with a beneficial group spell.  Right now only enchanters get it.  I don't really see a precident for us to get it.

QuoteThe ferocity upgrade at 70 is pathetic. make it group ferocity instead, lasts 2-3x as long as single target ferocity for 2x the mana cost (mgb-able, tgb-able)

Group fero would be fine, at 3x the mana cost and was not MGB'able or TGB'able.

QuoteA new slow would be expected, doesn't have to be better slow, but make it disease-based (65% slow) or with innate -MR check (-25 or -50, 65% slow)

Yes, cause we should get a slow better than any slow a shaman has ever gotten, especially when they're not getting a new slow with OoW either!  Btw, that's me being sarcastic.

QuoteA new very long-lasting self-buff with dmg shield +5, dmg increase +5 , +25 avoidance, +10 combat effects, 80 atk buff, 400 HP buff and not stackable with BSS/SV/SoT series is fine with me

You sure don't ask for much, do you... /boggle.

Skratchen

Quote from: flushA new very long-lasting self-buff with dmg shield +5, dmg increase +5 , +25 avoidance, +10 combat effects, 80 atk buff, 400 HP buff and not stackable with BSS/SV/SoT series is fine with me
Not to get nit picky, but it doesn't make sense to have a self-only buff if it doesn't stack with one of our own buffs such as SV like you've suggested.  Perhaps adding a smaller HP component to the self-only buff that you're suggesting so it will still stack with all the above mentioned buffs would make it better.  :wink:

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Rhaynne

Not to get even more nitpicky, but the ranger self only spells do not stack with the spells they are combinations of.  Why should one for us?