Main Menu

Outstanding bugs...

Started by Tastian, October 18, 2004, 05:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

I verified it as late as 3 days ago.  If someone isn't having the pet bug let me know, but pet was still freezing in animation on a proc and still lagging behind well kiting at times.  Truth is I've gotten so used to it I actually wondered if it was still there the other day, but watched for a little bit and it sure was.

Barbii

I was in Permafrost the other day, and got too close to Lady Vox, who quite rightly banished me. My warder, however, didn't zone with me to Everfrost.
Astran, 100 Beastlord of Pain and Glory, Vox server

Gakania

/pet focus will break /pet hold

hold does work fine after focus is set put if you zone in to an ae, pet is in hold, then you tell pet to focus it immediately runs to attack

Volsykat

Something else that bugs me is the occasional raid invite bugging, it seems to randomly happen when inviting someone in a group, and needs the person getting invited to drop group, get the RI, then rebuild the group.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Jataan

Buff duration enhancers sometimes don't work when you buff pet.

Focus of Allendru(sp?)  is ~93 Mins when i cast it on myself. when cast on my pet it sometimes is ~93 mins sometimes ~71 mins
Jataan Sixclaw
65 Feral Lord
Drinal

Eatbugs

I think that's a bug with pet buff timers rather than the focus, Jataan - if you zone and recheck time on pet buffs, they'll often have changed to reflect the correct amount of time.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Tastian

Buff timers on pets originally didn't properly show buff extention, so you could have several buffs on your pet with 00:00 duration remaining on them.  Zoning or logging fixed the update.  Are you sure that the buffs are actually not lasting their proper duration or is it possible this is just a UI/display issue?

Shrouded

The iksar warder freeze bug is still happening.  It has been happening for over a year.  It will continue to happen until they fix it :O
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

hughman

Quote from: ChakkorisiThis doesn't happen all that often, but buff recasts occasionally have the tendancy to land at the EXACT time the old buff is fading, and they somehow cancel each other out.

i.e.: Old buff starts to flash . . . refresh is cast . . . refresh lands and *poof* no buffage   :roll:

Not excatly what I would call a "Top 10" issue, but certainly a bug none the less.

Chakk

Actually this IS a top ten issue for bards, and has been so for years.  SOE has said that it is a complex issue that is hard to test.  It is such a high issue for bards because they are casting constantly, and nearly always having the spells (songs) land really close to the wear off time.  Haven't run into it with my BL yet though.  Probably because I am really bad about letting buffs fall off before recasting them.

Tenosh 66 bard, Tahnel 55 BL on Prexus.

Moffett

You can actually reproduce the bug by recasting a buff on yourself and just as it is about to cast click off the buff icon. Witha  good connection it can be hard to create the bug, but any lag and the window can be as much as 2-3 seconds.

Any chance of adding Reflective Mastery as bugged?

Tastian

I don't think reflexive mastery is "broke" I just think it gives less than most would want.  That is true of probably 50% of the AAs a beastlord can buy lol.

Hereki

The phrase you are searching for is "working as intended", I believe.

Let's just say that, rather than broken, RM simply isn't good value.

Hereki

If you have SCR, it doesn't always take.  I think possibly only when casting on your warder, not sure.  This may be the bug with the timer display, rather than the actual duration.

Ekss

Hereki, that's apparently a bug with the timer display in the pet window.
If you zone (or suspend and unsuspend your pet?), the correct timers are displayed.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Taiglin

Anyone else get the deal where their keyboard locks up. Is a very random thing that I have seen; have not been able to tie it to a particular set of keystrokes or zones. The result is you can't use your keyboard. Sometimes I have been able to break through this by smashing the shift button repeatedly (heard that from someone who has had the same problem). It will reset on zoning or a quick camp to the character select screen. The problem is you can't use keys to move so need a port/TL. An interesting thing is if you click in the dialog portion of a window you can type something but the default setting is a caps lock position where everything is in upper case and you get a "?" vs "/" when you hit that key (all double character keys are like that).

It sometimes seems to happen if I do a lot of keystrokes very fast (and then again if I am doing nothing at all). I wonder if this could be related to a very seldom occuring thing I have noticed since '00. Sometimes if you reply to someone, hit enter to send, and then immediately do another reply and send the second message never goes out. For example a bud logs in and shoots you a tell. You might respond with a quick "hey" followed by an immediate "what are you up to." It has become so I deliberately wait a sec or two before sending multiple replys to the same or different person. Lag issue perhaps?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]