Main Menu

Warder issues...

Started by Tastian, October 18, 2004, 05:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

I'd like to use this thread to collect various pet issues/suggestions.  

-  The ability to name our warder

-  The ability to change our warder's appearance

-  Make pets do full damage in PvP

-  Make higher level pets summon with improved run speed

-  Better pet scaling at the higher end

What else?  8)

Shirrkarn Ayge

1) naming warders ... couldn't care less about this

2) change warders appearance ... see above

3) full damage in PvP .. shrug, this would be a change to the minority of beasts.. PvP holds zero atraction to me

4) This one I agree with.. summoned pets should have same innate run speed as their master

5) Most important of all, at least to me. Even with 68 pet/ritual summoning focus, my warder has ceased to be a major part of my armoury, and now is more along the lines of a persistant DoT. It's current max hit of 97 ( without crits ) is nowhere near what I feel it should be for the mobs I am facing. The stun to 70 proc is nice, but we need some alternative to cope with cold-resistant mobs.

What else would I like to see?

Ability to click off pet buffs, or at least allow us to overwrite proc with any other proc.. eg moving from fire to ice section in riftseekers is a pain as we lose pet proc damage till Irionu wears off.

Pet shrink..although much improved, Vah Shir warders are still too large when fully shrunk even down to the size of Iksar warders would be an improvement )

Advanced Pet Discipline AA - Fix this so warders are no longer able to break mez!

Sorry if this seems incoherent, but writing while doing CR :)
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Kivuli

1) Absolutely. They cannot implement this fast enough for me.
2) Sure? I'd likely never use it but it iwould be a neat feature.
3) I hate PvP with a passion so I'm indifferent to this.
4) This would be a nice addition. Casting SoW on Rakshasa gets old.
5) Definitely needs tweaking, but I'm not sure how much. Rakshasa doesn't last long against things that quad 1100s, and doesn't do much damage quadding 79s (DPoC focused Sorsha) against raid mobs and OoW/GoD mobs that mitigate his attacks. Adding more pet focus items would be a step in the right direction, but I think they need to re-evaluate warder capabilities on a broad level like they did when we used to have our highest-level warder hitting for 55. Which was the same as the one from 54-ish onward.

Else? I had a great idea for an AA a while back that involved our pets, lemme see if I can find it again.

EDIT: Bah, I can't find it. Anyway, it was an ability akin to the ability in Neverwinter Nights for a sorceror to possess his familiar. Something like an Eye of Zomm, save that it's our warder and drains endurance to use. It could either be straight-up or a three-tiered AA with duration or cost reductions.

Wildsight - Prerequisites: none, Required level 66, Type: activated, refresh time 00:01:00

This ability allows the beastlord to see through his warder's eyes and guide it's footsteps. While the ability is active, some endurance will be drained from the beastlord's endurance pool.

Tastian

Yeah clicking off pet buffs.  I guess I've said it so much in other threads I just forgot it here lol.

Kitzen

This is a suggestion along the lines of pet scaling, and it also may address an item brought up in another thread of mana dumping/burst dps.  I have seen a few suggestions along the lines of Beastlord/warder bond type thing. It would be interesting and along the lines of our spiritual bond that would canabalize mana and at the same time increase the power of the pet for short bursts. Similair to a dot. Think of lich, while on, it consumes health to give mana, but with this buff (which can be clicked off), it consumes mana while it is on, increasing the pets damage output. Part of how this may fit in with progression, is the larger your mana pool and higher your FT, the longer you can sustain this type of damage with your warder. It would not limit it to only higher end bsts, but the more you have progressed, the longer you can choose to sustain it. This would also provide a way to "dump" mana also.

Kit

Gospodar

*The ability to name our warder*

Don't really care about this one besides the /target bug that needs to be fixed....

*The ability to change our warder's appearance*

To what exactly? Altho that red scaled wolf we had for a while looked mean  :D

*Make pets do full damage in PvP*

Uuuuuh this one is hard.... Pets today are little more of a distraction to uber players but are still nemesis for casters. If you make them do full damage they would be too good imho specially shreading casters into tiny bits. They *do* need boost in pvp but vs melees only which im not sure it can be coded. Also keep in mind if our pets got boosted so would mage and necro pets which would make mages, who bought pet focus, friggin insane in pvp.

*Make higher level pets summon with improved run speed*

That would be nice  :)  Selo speed with better focuses too!

*Better pet scaling at the higher end*

Oh dear god yes! But not really seeing it happen in the near future about it(and in the meantime seeing necro pets for more and being higher level than my warder will still make Baby Jebus cry  :cry: )
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

Jatrulak

Agree with all these, but the pet scaling and whatnot hold precedence over anything having to do with looks like naming pets although being able to change the appearance of my warder may be interesting.
Perhaps make Beastial Fury affect our pet as well. Also absolutely love Kitzen's idea.

rhorse

It cracks me up that I have to cast Spirit of the Wolf on my wolf.

Georey

TalleyRN

An extension of our procc line would be great.

Instead of a stupid nuke for our ancient, how about being able to give our pet Time Lapse~750 dd procc (yah, it's procc rate if pretty low compared to other proccs so it's still balanced)

I'd like to see another snare procc too, w/ a DD factored into it w/ 1min. duration and a negative resist mod

Nother idea would be to have a procc that heals hps/mana of pet owner.

Hereki

Given potential abuse, I would actively prefer that warder names was dropped from the list.  Targeting is an issue, of course, that needs solving, but all other points I see as being of significantly higher priority.

Warder scaling is the biggest issue that I see on that list, followed by run speed.  I would drop all the other items, and put run speed after general Omens fixes (from the other non-warder lists).

Considering warder balancing, I am concerned that changes being suggested might not allow properly for scaling across all gear levels.  Of course there should be a system for well geared raid beastlords to increase warder power, but whatever system should also increase power of casual players, including separate consideration for Omens geared (drops from group mobs in WoS/MPG), LDoN geared (scaling of DPoC), and solo.

The most obvious solution is to:

- increase warder power overall.  From information that I have seen, Omens warders are no more powerful than Sorsha, or that power is a trivial increase, when unfocused.  Their power should scale as ours does (hmm, thinks of pathetic Omens drop off in relative power).

- improve scaling of DPoC; it seems to fall off in power faster than I was expecting, based on comments in threads here.

-  allow Time/GoD focuses to effect up to 70, or drastically reduce their drop off.  Increase availability of these focuses, as they seem extremely rare to me (especially when compared to VT focus, which isn't beastlord usable).

- add a focus available to 70 beastlords in WoS/MPG/Riftseekers.

Bengali

Quote from: Hereki
- increase warder power overall.  From information that I have seen, Omens warders are no more powerful than Sorsha, or that power is a trivial increase, when unfocused.  Their power should scale as ours does (hmm, thinks of pathetic Omens drop off in relative power).

Just as a slight clarification, the jump from Sorsha to Undalla is significant in terms of max hit at least -- Sorsha hits for 77 and Undalla hits for 86 unfocused.  I can't remember what the 70 pet hits for unfocused, but it's in the 90s.  I don't really know about hitpoints/mitigation/avoidance.

These pets really fall off when focused, however.  Minion of Eternity is the biggest jump, and the ones beyond that are barely noticeable by comparison.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

I thought I threw up some parses of level 68 pet with DPoC, 68 pet without DPoC and sorsha with DPoC againist various mobs?  Did the tests awhile ago I know I've spoken with beng and others about the results.  I won't have access to that data until tomorrow at the earliest, but if it's not up I'll be sure to post it then.  With maxed pet AAs, full pet buffs (SV, growl, infusion, etc)  The boost from DPoC sorsha to DPoC 68 pet was around 7dps or so in melee.  The biggest issue wasn't the jump from sorsha to 68 pet though, but that the 68 pet with DPoC saw literally no gain outside of the moe.  Even for crits max hit with DPoC only goes up 1 point (147 verse 148 as I recall).  I still need to finish up moe parses, but all of our focus effects for pet used to be weak outside of MoE.  The jump from DPoC to MoE was big, and then from MoE on was minor.  Now with omens DPoC does almost nothing for pet damage, MoE has scaled down, the other focuses do less, etc.  The base differance between sorsha and 68 pet is reasonable, but with focus factored in things get ugly.

Oneiromancer

Tastian, was that including Growl and Irionu?  I am curious what the dps of the fully buffed 68 pet is...you had said before that Sorsha was ~ 60 dps and I was hoping that Alladnu would be a bit more than 67 when the new buffs were included...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tastian

I wouldn't even normally answer this as I'm so unsure, but since I won't have any access to the data until later tomorrow evening I recall the comparision parses I did were againist stormriders in BoT.  I felt they are were a decent parse mob I could tank and let pet go rogue on.  They are level 61 so not red to sorsha and blue to allandu or anything like that.  I recall allandu with growl/sv/etc (no fero), clocked in around the 73(ish) dps range both with and without focus.  I think same parses put DPoC focused sorsha in the 68 range, but I'm not certain like I said.  I remember being kinda miffed that the boost was weak compared to the shift from khati sha (~45dps as I recall) to arag (~60 dps as I recall).  I hate mis-information though, so once I finally get back home tomorrow night I'll dig around for the parses and throw them up.  Allandu is a noteable difference, but not huge.  Focus effect scaling definitely hurts things though as MoE gave +8 I believe to allandu but +11 to sorsha or whatever.  Bleh someone can correct that I gotta get going and take care of some other things, but I'll get parses up soon as I can.

flush

Quote from: Shirrkarn Ayge1) naming warders ... couldn't care less about this

I care a lot. People who try to buff me, get my pet almost all the time, especially if I don't send them a tell (no /rt)

As long as my pet is not prefixed with my name, I don't care what it is called.

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...