Main Menu

Warder issues...

Started by Tastian, October 18, 2004, 05:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hughman

Still reading and reacting as I go, so a little stream of conscious here.

-pet scaling... ok how about this: out pets are supposed to be the warrior of the pet class, reallly.  Mages get the casters of various kinds and necros get the other special classes (like rogue and monk) why not give out pets some of the Warrior only Discs/abilities?  Let them cleave frome time to time. or strike through or the like?  (note this would also help the PvP vs Melee issue too wouldn't it?)  As it is, our warders are less warriors and more.. Generic pets.  Nothing speciall about them inherently except the prics we add to them, and the mages and necros get that from the weapons.

-Love the pet sight idea.  Have thought of that myself and would love to see it implemented!  Great scouting too, and just a fun toy for once!

-I also like that Mana tap for pet buff idea... that is both creative and useful.  (probably never happen because it is creative and usefull though... :P)

-Kind of a convenience issue, but how about the ability to tell the pet: Run straight aead for a bit!  the reason for this is to make pet positioning easier.  Rather than have to pull pet off, move myself and pet then re-engage, I send pet running off in direction x for 30-40 feet then /pet attack on it's return and Viola! positioned pet, and I never need leave the mob while doing it!  just turn for a sec for the /pet run command's direction.

OK, that is all I can think if atm.

Tahnel, 55 BL, Tenosh, 66 Bard on Prexus.

Tastian

Found some of the pet data.  Was in BoT, stormriders, same buffs like I said before, blah blah blah...

DPoC sorsha -
total dmg -  234,970
total hits -  3,444
hit% ~ 58%
avg hit ~ 68.22
dps index ~ 39.57

68 pet (focused?)
total dmg -  231,982
total hits - 3,104
hit% ~ 57.7%
avg hit ~ 74.74
dps index ~ 43.12

68 pet(focused?)
total dmg - 229,901
total hits - 3,063
hit% ~ 56.4
avg hit ~ 75.06
dps index ~ 42.33

Sampe sizes are small, but I've been busy.  Still have to finish MoE parses too.  Sorsha focused with DPoC was ~7dps below allandu and allandu didn't change enough between focused and unfocused to clear the margin of error lol.

Keryn

Pet Size- what purpose does a huge warder have? why do we cast them and shrink them right away, can we make it an option to have pets when cast already shrunk?

Pet Hold- this one is a biggy on raids. This needs to be a toggle. Use it once and it is there till pet dies or you toggle it again.

Pet Push- This is one of the biggest issues most upper guild have with our warders. I would love to see this a toggle as well, so when I need to push a mob into a corner it will like always, when toggle is off it just hits whatever I tell it to and not push it. Right now My warder could push a 747 to take off speed.

Pet DPS- I know that in a duel with a mage pet that my warder will not win. I don't want this, Mages have a better pet and this I can live with, but to be so far behind in pet DPS is just wrong. In the lower levels our pets were a companion, they fought along side of us and were a force, now they are just a seriously low level DOT. They need to be scaled better in the higher levels.

Oneiromancer

Quote from: KerynPet Push- This is one of the biggest issues most upper guild have with our warders. I would love to see this a toggle as well, so when I need to push a mob into a corner it will like always, when toggle is off it just hits whatever I tell it to and not push it. Right now My warder could push a 747 to take off speed.

Except for that one pet proc buff (Spirit of Wind?), our pets push as much as any other melee.  They just hit faster, and are able to automatically correct their positioning when the mob moves from the total push of all the other melees and spells.  There are tons of threads on this board about how misunderstood push is, Coprolith did a great quantitative analysis of it.  Copy and paste one of those to your guild's message board so you guys can figure out how to deal with it.  ;)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Keryn

I stand corrected on my Pet Push, I read what Coprolith wrote and am changing it to how about our pets just beat down a mob without moving it or atleast make a toggle so we can turn this on and off

Shieara

I like all of the above.  However changing my warder's appearance is at the low end of the spectrum.

I'd like it if my warder shrank smaller ( I am a kitty).  They are better then they were but sometimes I long for an iksar sized warder.  

I'd like to see /pet focus cross zonelines.

Hmm that is all I can think of to add.

Birdienumnum

I really hope that the naming of a warder request be dropped. This is not a request that should be coming from a mature group of folks, as it is rather infantile. HOWEVER, enabling the EQ database to name the warder with a name similar to a mage's pet would be rather nice.

No interest in point 2.

Can't comment on 3.

No comment on 4 and 5.

I agree with the ability to click a pet buff off
Birdienumnum

negrismorte

Ok, granted I am raiding now with a bunch of new raiders but ... last night my pet got healed/buffed 5 times in a 2 hour period because /tar neg gives them my pet and not me.  That is fatally annoying.

Tastian

In the last 2 months 3 seperate times the line right before LOADING PLEASE WAIT... was "Tastian`s warder feels a healing touch".  Also with new single target omens buffs being more common than group for many people my warder is better buffed than me.  The naming a pet isn't game breaking, but it adds some flavor and it addresses a real issue that is the targeting.  Like I said before I don't care if they add an "!" to the front of warder names or code it so beastlord gets defaulted over warder like how mounts work or whatever.  The targeting is an issue though and the desire for flavor/fun in the form of pet names is out there.  Unlike some of the issues that get thrown together these two things could easily be combined to fix the targeting issue and give people something they want.

Jzath

Asking that the name of the warder be changed so that targeting gets us and not the warder is a valid request.  Priority is another discussion.

Us naming our warders is a separate issue.  I do not think requesting to name the pet is infantile.  Will some abuse it?  Do people abuse naming their character?  I like that idea.  I like to roleplay my warder being a separate, intelligent, free willed companion that has committed itself to traveling with me.  Having the ability to name the warder is appealing to me.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Karve

1) Naming warders.
While not vital if you never raid, this is a valid requirement where /tar is used in a raid scenario.

it would be nice to be ale have a fixed name for the warder stored like a surname:
/wardername fluffy

Whenever you summon a warder, its caled fluffy. This doent have to be a unique name (does it) and couldthen be run against the naming convention  filters for approval.

2) Change its apearance.

I think ideally, a warder when focused should look different, purely so that other people realise you've put some effort in.

3) PVP ... pass

4) Run speed, definately base this on the owners innate run speed. nuff said.

5) pet scaling. can only be a good thing.

6) pet dps needs a review.

7) pet procs, at each level where we get a pet proc, there should be 2 spells, one fire based, the other ice based.

8) pet discs .. would be nice to see our pets at higher levels get discs based on the number of owners aa's

9) clickoffable pet buffs. definately.

10) voice graft .. gimme :) why, for  fun.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Zentrel

Iksar pets freezing when proc'ing.  
---this one really sucks when kiting

Kitzen

I was thinking along the same lines as Karve on the warder naming.  It could actually be tied to the Surname, such as Warder <surname> or some like derivation.

Kit

Draig

About time I spoke up as well:

Having the ability to uniquely name our warders I am all for.  As mentioned above a beastlord's warder is his life long companion, and would fit the role playing aspect a lot better to be able to name them, as well as resolving targeting issues.

I'm also for being able to change the warder's appearance to further make them unique to each individual bst.  At the very least changing something when they are focused, such as glowing eyes or a different color, so we can show off our hard work of course  :P

PvP I could care less about, this would really only benefit people on a pvp server where they earn rewards for their points, so as such should be limited to pvp servers.

Warder having the same innate run speed as its master is a must, 'nuff said.  For all of you who have ran to a camp and wait ages for your pet show up, getting so impatient that you mem summon companion and it shows up just as you begin casting it.  Always keeping sow on a pet is a nuissance.

Pet scaling issues need to be addressed in all regards, including sizes of warders, damage output, hitpoints, mitigation, and everything else you can think of.  This is also an area where we can balance out some of our dps progession issues.  I for one would love to see a high damage (400-600) chromatic proc (hits lowest resist check) available for our warders, possibly as an AA.  Being able too click off pet buffs is a must, it gets old dispelling every decent buff on your pet just to change a freakin proc.  I'm another Ikky, so the warder freezing when it casts needs to be fixed too, quite annoying.  In general I think our warder's need a lot of work.  Being a beastlord implies that we master a powerful pet, hence this is where the focus of the improvement should be.  All class balance issues aside, just from hearing the word beastlord you would think that they have the most powerful pets available (summoned or charmed) in the game...

Shrouded

Our level 68 warder proc really needs to have the stun component increased to level 80 (the same as mages).  Currently, we have no real ability to stun a mob to interrupt casting in Rift.  Also, the stun from our pet proc is already half the duration of a mages air pet so why are we also suffering a lower level cap on our stun?

--Gah, fixed a spelling error and then found another one!
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner