Main Menu

Warder issues...

Started by Tastian, October 18, 2004, 05:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TalleyRN

I agree Shrouded. Our pet proccs need to be addressed as well.

zzmaller

1) nameing pets: i think pets should have there own tag

SPIKE
zzmaller's warder      

that way has a name and ownership tag and all who can make a pet should have this option

2)changing pet aperance : not a deal breaker but would add a flavor to pets

3)pet full damge in PVP: agein not a deal breaker but would be nice to get a feel for true dps of a beastlord and thier pet

4)pet run speed: agein not a deal breaker but i have seen as of late i have got in trouble cause my pet laged way behimd my selo speed lizard

5)pet size:not a deal breaker but here is my thought all pets should start at the size of a 64th scales wolf and from there use eitehr tiny compainion 2x to get 2x smaller or the new spell giant copainion 2x to get 2x bigger.

6)pet scaleing:pets should have alot more umph(HPs.AC.mit .avoid .etc)
                                         **story time**
when i was 65th my pet could hold or simi solo any dark blue mob in pop thats not a named.
In LDON my pet could off tank in many adv i grow to expect my pet to hold there own for 15-20 sec without much help otehr then mabe a heal.
God i am 65 doing tipt or vxed my pet last about 1-2 sec
Omans i am now 70th with 70th pet and MOE focus and new pet haste pet proc . back to tipt and vxed pet cant last more then 1-2 sec

posable scaleing changes i perpose

1] give bst a complete pet heal no more then mabe a 5 sec cast before spell haste .

2]raise pets defansive skills put them back on par with war

3] chioce of procs  some high dps procs(200-400) . some (100dd)with a snare (remove hobble). some with a longer stunn ( to rase agro for kitting in kite groups). and make them overwrite each other. could make these aa with lvl requerment

:D 4] pet con should equal thier owners aka i am 70th my pet should con even ( faction and agro only).

5] pets push:after reading and practising i have come to see pet push as a tool that i have used in many situations and i am of the opinion if you make a toggle for pet push i want it to push more not less.

6] click off buff in pet window: a must have.

7] shared aa power:**danger** pet could gain up to 1/2 the abilaty off AA
Example i have ND wich gives me +10% hp base pet should get +5%hp base . i think this could help solve some of teh otehr issuse and if not treated well could make a whole new set of issues.

Well i think i coverd every thing if not ill add more later

Kanaisia

1. being able to name my pet would be cool but not an issue and if someone cant tell if they are buffing me or my pet there is a major problem
2.I like the way my pet looks now but am open to change also...
3. sorry dont do pvp so dont care about that one
4.I think this is valid point
5.I shrink my pet right away so no biggie
6. I agree at lvl 68 my pet is nothing  but a dot at this point to mobs that i am going up aginst.
7. (see through pet ) I think this is great idea..

Killian22

Yes agree with the ikkie posting on ikkie warders freezing me being an ikkie BL this gets rather annoying and its just a broken thing that can be easily fixed.

Warder Naming: Fun factor really would be fun to joke around in guild since I got the nickname Fish cause my name is Makaril so I could name it Fish's pet I think people would get a laugh

pet dps: atm I like my pet's dps but I would think that all the pet classes are gonna have the same problem later on while it would be nice to scale the pets up to the content you are  fighting its a power issue that other non-pet classes are just gonna rant and rave about. I like to look at my pet as an extention of myself in being that his dps is just an addition to the overall dps of my class so you add his with mine and thats what my DPS is I think some people forget about this sometimes. (and if mages would stop whining maybe we could get an upgrade i mean look at the burst DPS they get its 2nd best in the game and thats not even comin from their pet thats just them alone)

pet disc: I like this idea and t seems to have been implemented with GoD AAs, dont have any atm but they can do nothing but good to be able to have my pet ramp and flurry mobs but if you talkin about def disc, riposte disc and the like sure one or two would be nice but make em offensive in nature imo and have a substantial seuse time on em or just add em as AAs.

PvP: I dont know about you guys but when I do PvP my pet chews up casters like theres no tomorrow and they do pretty well against melees ( coming from a PvP server long time ago TZ>all PvP servers btw I tear those old blubie guys up cause they dont quite understand how to deal with a pet class) but its a pretty small community so you are prolly gonna get overlooked.

pet tanking. no comment
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=933246 Makaril Itzafish - 63 - Beastlord - Maelin

Bustarr

As a relatively new BL, I acknowledge that I can't really comment on BL issues, but as someone mentioned on page 2:

Pet Size- what purpose does a huge warder have? why do we cast them and shrink them right away, can we make it an option to have pets when cast already shrunk?

I have to agree.  I've seen some huge warders (not just during the period last year where they were bugged and unshrinkable) running around, and I just can't see any reason why a huge warder would be advantageous over a small one.  Large pets (not just BL warders) are a pain to be around, but perhaps I'm missing something here.
[60 Savage Lord] Baron <A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1091409&resize=true " Target="_blank">Bustarr</A> (Vah Shir)
[70 Scourge Knight] Duke <A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=170915&resize=true " Target="_blank">Klotar</A> (Dark Elf)
[70 Natureguard] Elder <A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=234005&resize=true " Target="_blank">Marbler</A> (Halfling)
[70 Prelate] Exarch <A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=103635&resize=true " Target="_blank">Vollrath</A> (Human)
[65 Deceiver] Marauder <A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=23493&resize=true " Target="_blank">Jestar</A> (Wood Elf)
[65 Transcendent] Sensei <A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=796299&resize=true " Target="_blank">Zaeon</A> (Iksar)
[65 Storm Warden] Venerable <A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594467 "Target="_blank">Vanzee</A> (Wood Elf)
[60 Warlord] Veteran <A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=38550&resize=true " Target="_blank">Xaax</A> (Iksar)
[60 Grandmaster] Baron <A HREF="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=101973&resize=true " Target="_blank">Sonak</A> (Human)
Progeny - Prexus

seizelia

the patches with pets have helped a lot. My main char is a lvl 70 beast i can tank in MPG with the gear i have but if we get 2 mobs and pet has all of the group buffs by the time i get aggro and click over to use pet loh , pet is already gone. also the mobs in OOW higher end zones will greatly reduce pets damage even with the latest and greatest pet items and the sandals from QVIC that increase pet lvl (mince cons even to lvl 65 using my 68 pet spell ) pet does about one third to one half damage when attacking a mob from behind would maybe like to see the cap raised from a max hit of 97.  Pet does the same damage with or without mage pet items .

didymusx

Yall can gnore this, I found this issue in the TOP 10 :))

Just  something I haven't seen mentioned, though it could have been.. I'm blind to things I'm looking for usually.

Certian pet procs can stack,  but  only one works. For instance, cast your standard pet proc, then hobble of spirits, only hobble procs,
a few minutes later, click epic 1.5, only the epic effect procs.  Why not make it so that each of these has a chance of proccing?  The
way it works now, it may as well just overwrite the last proc.  I don't see why having them each having a chance to proc would be a
problem so long as it was made so that more than one couldn't proc on a single hit.  For example, hobble can proc, few hits later, standard
pet proc, cpl hits later, 1.5 proc, etc...

Didy the Kitty

Kivuli

I like Rakshasa being huge when I summon him. It's part of the RP in MMORPG. Thing is, we have a shrink spell. So we can cast a huge warder and shrink if we want him/her small. We DON'T have a grow spelll. So we can't cast a small warder and grow if we want him/her huge. The way it is, both groups can have it their way.

Unless you want to propose something that functions as a toggle. i.e toggle on warder summons shrunk. Toggle off, warder summons regular size.

Plumps Klo

I sure wouldn't mind if our warders would stand right next to us (like next to our feet) after a /pet back off. In tight quarters - for instance ice area in Rifts - positioning can be a real pita and lead to quite a few comedy deaths :P

Urim

Quote from: didymusxJust  something I haven't seen mentioned, though it could have been.. I'm blind to things I'm looking for usually.

Certian pet procs can stack,  but  only one works. For instance, cast your standard pet proc, then hobble of spirits, only hobble procs,
a few minutes later, click epic 1.5, only the epic effect procs.  Why not make it so that each of these has a chance of proccing?  The
way it works now, it may as well just overwrite the last proc.  I don't see why having them each having a chance to proc would be a
problem so long as it was made so that more than one couldn't proc on a single hit.  For example, hobble can proc, few hits later, standard
pet proc, cpl hits later, 1.5 proc, etc...

It does work that they all can proc equally, fighting at this very moment and hobble/irionu/epic are all procing during the same fight. The stacking was fixed a couple patches ago.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Growls

I agree with ZZmaller.  "raise pets defansive skills put them back on par with war"

Mahes

I'm personally in the "no change to warder defensive skills" camp.

I see our pets as DPS with us as the tank.  I can't imagine a real reason for a pet to offtank in MPG or RS or something, though I have used mine to briefly tank a mob while I healed myself up in MPG.  It didn't get one rounded, not even close.  So it's effective in a pinch but not as a tool for experiencing.  That's the mage's ballpark and I don't desire to take that for ourselves.

I'd like to see the pet focus scale a bit better from a dps-aspect, but beyond that I don't see any real warder issues any more.  The main BST issues now lie withing the actual beastlord.

Oiingo

110% agreement from me as well.  Don't beef up the pet unless it's to add more damage.  Heck, my pet is often up during an entire night of raiding if I watch his health, and I don't even have the pet heal AAs; they definately don't need to mitigate better or have more hit points.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Gotog Ironskull

-  The ability to name our warder.  Be cool would not be a increase in Power in any way just somthing for us to play with. 

-  The ability to change our warder's appearance.  Just Color or appearance too?

-  Make pets do full damage in PvP.  Sorry never played PvP.  My opinion is let them do full damage.

-  Make higher level pets summon with improved run speed.   Well they kind do I know me Bear beats me to WoS every time I see him running back at me just as I zone in LOL.

-  Better pet scaling at the higher end.  OMG YES.  70 level Bear with the Book from Time.  Bear hits for 102 Quads that alot , but the mobs were fighting hit for like 10 times that amount.  with a lot more hp. 

Just me maybe Like to See Pet Hold On be set as default.  Somthing done about 9 sec healing time.

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Iskandar

Pet Spam... is it really necessary for everyone within the Raid to see "Waiting for your orders to attack, Master... Sorry, Master, calming down" from every single pet there time after time?  If the Pet Flurry messages and the "I live again" messages can be directed just at the pet owner, why can't the rest of it too? :(
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.