Main Menu

Warder issues...

Started by Tastian, October 18, 2004, 05:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

ie, treat em like the horses.. slow to start & stop, but when they get rollin.. lookout! ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

ShadowBlade3000

The ability to name our warder- I like the idea as I've given a name to my alligator warder. Would be nice for those of us that roleplay.

The ability to change our warder's appearance- As in changing species? If I have my alligator, then I myself wouldn't use this feature.

Make pets do full damage in PvP- No comment, I don't do PVP.

Make higher level pets summon with improved run speed- I guess it could be useful in some cases, but I always use my summon companion quickie if my pet is too slow.

Better pet scaling at the higher end- As in size right? The warders that get way too big could use adjustment in that regard then.
Bagzak- L60 Troll BL
I want my alligator back! ;_;

hakaaba

Although size is a problem, better pet scaling is specifically referring to dps (in general) and survivability (mostly on raids)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Biagdaddy

-  The ability to name our warder
The problem is in targeting the owner and should be listed that way. The ability to name our warders is a potential solution, but very low in priority. A simpler solution that the devs might actually implement is changing the words around: ie. Warder of <yourname>. The surname would be nice as another suggested, but some players use the same surname so that would not work.

-  The ability to change our warder's appearance
Would be cool to select from the various models used throughout the game, but that is not going to go anywhere because of global memory concerns. So low priority as well.

-  Make pets do full damage in PvP
PvP in general is all messed up in EQ. Sure more dmg is always better, but there are so many other issues that this one is just too low in priority to worry about.

-  Make higher level pets summon with improved run speed
This is a good request and something the devs have already coded for (I believe the mage epic pet innately runs at sow speed). But like others have said, the pet needs to run faster than the owner if it is to keep up, do to pathing issues.

-  Better pet scaling at the higher end
This is important as well, we get used to the pet being more powerful than us as we level up and learn the class. Then, the pet just drops off and in some cases becomes more of a hindrance than a faithful companion. Dieing to AE ramp and low dps are real issues. If we focus on keeping our pets alive we lose a ton of dps. And since I can do more dps than my pet it just doesn't make sense to stop and try and save it. And if it dies then we again lose dps.

- Clicking off pet buffs
This is one of (if not the most) important issues we need addressed. Not being able to have total control over pet buffs has really messed up the use of pets in many situations. We really need the ability to (simply) control pet buffs.

- Pet proc variety
In the high 50's we had a variety of viable choices for proc resist effects. But with stun caps on those spells they are fairly useless. Having the choice of different procs with different resistances was nice and would still be nice if we had any meaningful alternative to SoI. I've read a lot of creative options for pet procs on these boards and hope we can open the dialog to the devs and discuss them more.

- Pet Shrink
As an ogre, I have it the worst when talking about the size of our pets. I like the that fact that it's huge when first cast, but 3 shrinks still is not enough. The bear is just fat, and i can't put him on a diet. But even making a small change to the pet shrink spell so that it shrinks 3 times instead of 2 times would be nice.