Main Menu

Current Top 10 list(7-4-05)

Started by Tastian, July 04, 2005, 04:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iskandar

What are the odds of getting Perfection/Paragon changed to a percent based hp/mana regen instead of a fixed number (the three levels of Perfection would then be increases to the base percent of Paragon)?  That would allow it to scale up to a noticeable regen on even the most high-end of players without making it overpowering for players with lower hp/mana pools.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Urim

Quote from: IskandorWhat are the odds of getting Perfection/Paragon changed to a percent based hp/mana regen instead of a fixed number (the three levels of Perfection would then be increases to the base percent of Paragon)?  That would allow it to scale up to a noticeable regen on even the most high-end of players without making it overpowering for players with lower hp/mana pools.

That is actually one of the most awesome suggestions i have ever heard. Damn, why didn't i think of that!
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Strigori

I Like that idea, however I would doubt anything in that nature would be implemented where it was usefull.    They have been nazis on healing/manaregen latly.  And it would also create a huge scream from shaman druids and clerics.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Tastian

Brought up that idea back in omens beta lol.  Like with several of our other issues the game is just "full" or "capped" for want of better terms.  Mana regen is something they have to keep a close eye on for balance reasons and there's lots of it out there atm.  Lots out there that wasn't around back when paragon was out too.

A couple months back I spoke with one dev about paragon/perfection and how it's not just about the numbers, but one of the only things we bring to a raid and how it being "balanced" in relation to other classes is basically it being underpowered for us (like oh so many other things).  There wasn't any chance of it changing then and to be honest I doubt we'll see a straight strange to perfection atm, but I do keep mentioning it.  We have another expansion coming out soon so there is potential for something to happen then. 

Dummkopf

So basicly just because they flooded the game with manaregen clickies they cant give a class a classdefining skill that scales with content? Thats just sick.

Braedan_VZ

Since when did anyone ever credit soe with using foresight?

Bengali

I think it has less to do with mana clickies and more to do with the fact that they've given nearly every mana user some form of mana regen ability, and that quite a few of them stack with each other.  So mana regen is even more diluted than it would be if just clickies were the root of it.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

rdahl

They made mana regen a commodity.  Anyone can get FT15 from augs now, FT6 from each DoN camp totaling FT12 and FT3 from LDoN (+more if you use LDoN armor).  So I think we are SOL. 

I waited, I read and I never spent AA on Perfection.  Given the dismal performance of so many promising AA over the last few expansions I plan to NOT spend any AA until I read about it's real performance. 
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

hakaaba

What i dont understand is how they can tell us theres too much mana regen while theyre releasing readily available mana regen potions and jesters who fill your mana and give you mana pots too :(

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

The FT cap went up by ~33%.  More FT all over the place now.  I think even bazaar geared hybrids can have FT15 if they want.  SK line of bite taps.  Increases to SD/9/kei/chorus, etc.  Mana regen is a major balancing point and it was already pretty high.  I do think it shows a failure on their part to understand just how important paragon is to us.  *shrugs*  It's something that keeps getting mentioned and sometimes things finally change after awhile because of content and other things.

Dummkopf

Dunno if it is a thing for the top 10 list, but i recently compared the highest haste potion to my celerity spell. Haste potion does 50% haste, insta cast, holds 30 minutes. Celerity does 50% haste, 5.6 seconds cast and holds 22 minutes (with my foci). So basicly its better to spend 15 pp a potion and use them instead of our own crappy spell. Could we try to get celerity changed to one hour base time?

jitathab

Hmm where do you get these potions from? I think I hand these out instead of casting, saves me a spell slot and increases my DPS AND saves me mana, sounds pretty good to me.

Skratz

QuoteCould we try to get celerity changed to one hour base time?

I would rather have access to shammy's  Talisman of Alacrity. 
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Grbage

Jitathab, the potions are sold in the west PoK building where the alchemy supplies are sold.

I did not realize that the potions are better then Celerity, that's something that should be discussed with the devs.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Dummkopf

They can be made with alchemy as well and shamans sell them as low as 10 to 15 pp a piece.