Main Menu

Current Top 10 list(7-4-05)

Started by Tastian, July 04, 2005, 04:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saparri

Would Taunt be too much to ask for? I find myself tanking in groups about 80% of the time, and, though I hold aggro well...It would be nice to have a taunt to get the mezzed mobs off the enchanters faster. Don't understand why we didn't get Taunt in the first place...as rangers have it and such...rangers...boo!

Grbage

I believe rangers were originally considered a tank class so got a taunt button.

Trust me on this, spell taunt is much much better the the taunt button. Prior to adding the new agro line of /disc for warriors you would want to get 3 successful taunts on a mezzed mob prior to breaking to ensure it didnt run to the chanter, even then it would still sometimes run to the chanter. With taunt maxed it has around a 2/3 success rate on war's. It's better to drop slow/incap on the mob then smack it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Jkal_Shihar

Dont want taunt. If I really wanted to be a tank, I'd play a warrior or a semi tank with dot for a pet a SK. Even on my ranger I got rid of the taunt button, dont want aggro and most chanters ive been grouping with are getting kinda suicidal anyways.
All I would like to see is some form of lower skill cap double attack like its been mentioned. And to bring back group IoS.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Tastian

I'll bring up the potion issue.

As far as taunt goes it is a very over-rated skill in most cases.  We have very high sustained aggro generation and although taunt can be nice situationally it does fail and simply doesn't fit with how the class has been for years.  One thing to remember is that we have very high aggro that doesn't break mez.  If I'm tanking with an enc mez'n then after I slow, proc, incap/other my mob I'll switch targets to the mez'd mob and drop a slow on it, then another perhaps or incap or something else depending on the situation.  When it comes time to break the mez I open with a spell+attack+kick+feral(ish) and honestly can't recall breaking a mez and having the mob go after the enc.

Zalraka

Personally, I would like to see a major upgrade to Perfection, as right now that is all we offer raids, besides mediocre DPS and 10 mana regen.

Ferocity needs an upgrade as well, either get rid of the 2 minute recast, make it a group buff, or even give it a small %-dmg increase modifier.

DPS.  Our burst DPS is nice, but constant DPS is lacking. 

Those are my 3 major  wants atm.

hakaaba

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Bengali

Quote from: hakaaba on August 11, 2005, 05:18:40 PM
Our burst dps is nice?

Sure, compared to a level 45 half-naked paladin, it's AWESOME.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Zalraka

Bengali

I assumed you were talking about discing, and I still wouldn't call it nice.

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Vashin

You guys are silly, everyone else realizes he meant "nice" compared to chanter and cleric burst dps. Silly beastlords =P

hakaaba

i guess i have to admit our burst dps is indeed at least slightly better than that of a chanter....i guess theyd better nerf us

psycattik

We used to have good agro till they ruined our poison dots by removing the hate, that  one stil bothers me. I still can't fathom why we pushed for that to change. We basiclly have no burst dps, lol raid leader calls all in burn that sucker down with everything you got, I think him i casted growl, ok, pop disc if its up, and nuke, nuke, and wait for nuke to refresh, wait again lol, wow I sure helped burn that mob down lol.

psycattik

Bengali

Quote from: psycattik on August 12, 2005, 04:18:35 PM
I still can't fathom why we pushed for that to change.

Because lots of people didn't like getting summoned and killed on a tank switch just because they cast two DoTs on a mob, even when they didn't do anywhere near the amount of damage that others had.  Also, it wasn't just us.  All the other people with poison counters on their spells pushed for the change too.

If we want to be something of a DPS class, then it's not smart to tie our DPS to disproportionately high aggro, because a dead dps class does 0 dps.  Damage spells should have aggro based on the amount of damage they do, period.  If we want aggro, we should push for an aggro ability.  Making our damage spells be automatic aggro magnets just means we can't use them when we *gasp* don't want aggro.

Dummkopf

Well, even with the lower poison dot aggro i have no problems to get more than enough aggro. The difference is only that i dont get summoned on the first or second tank switch, i just get summoned on third or 4th switch latest...

I like the poison dot aggro change, but would wish our growl would do more deaggro, or tie a deaggro to feral swipe, something would be nice (and yes, FD would rule...).

hakaaba

incapacitate = all the aggro you could ever want. and a slight (very slight) debuff to boot

FD would conflict too much with monks.  Lets stick with stuff they could concievably give us hehe.  Though theres no particular reason they couldnt give us aggro reducers(not eliminators) with shorter timers than 15 minutes as far as i can tell.

Yeah its kinda funny when the raid leader calls burn and Oops! im already using everything i can lol