Main Menu

Current Top 10 list(7-4-05)

Started by Tastian, July 04, 2005, 04:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biostar

I seriously doubt they will look at fixing or changing anything till their expansion is out. Then its iffy while they patch in what they didn't complete.  So far the list is looking good definite agree with pet buff control since rangers are always ninja buffing my warder (grrrr....die!). I don't see how they would keep warders from getting eaten from AE rampage. I tend to keep feral vigor on my warder on all time just in case and keep backing off then repositioning but still gets eaten real quick. Feral swipe always was a joke to most beastlord i know that have bought it. Rather would have spent those aas on something better like innate cha.
[

Tastian

Like I keep saying the top 10 list is just something that is done.  Shortening it or whtaever won't really change anything.  They see the lists it gives them ideas, feedback happens...sometimes, etc lol.  I'd be great if we could have an issue of the month or something, talk about it, discuss it, fix it/change it/leave it/whatever, then move on.  That just isn't how things are done though. 

I doubt we'll see much till the expansion is out, but I keep asking/writing/ranting.  I'm finishing up a few more parses, but at this point almost all of our issues are very clear, supported and have numerous reasonable fixes imo.  Just need sony to actually decide to take a look at us and make some adjustments where/how they feel needed.

hakaaba

Are we still pounding into their heads the fact that they could fix this pretty easily just by semi-creatively giving us class aas?

Pet gaining from aas is one example but theres lots of ways they could do it

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

macaviitiiy

:| ok the way i see it is this:
    1) sony made bstlod  class without for thought in if they kept bst to par with other classes they would rule the game.
    2) relizing there mistake decide to nurf bst and fade them out of the game
    3) look at all the guide books and expansion books dont get into the bst as much as other classes and still gives no hint of bst place in groups raids guilds etc.
    i have been playing bst since this class came out, started game with sk and cleric and all but deleted them since seeing the bst.
          if the dev wanted beast lord to have a spot in game now they would fix them but i dont think they do because of the potinual of becoming top class. the mag has the stongest pet in game and epic is a pet but when bst came out bst pet could go toe to toe with mag and high end did darn good against mag epic pet. i missed the pet always being around when i logged on and using mana to make him but a ability. so there mana regen balance theory is out for we spend mana now not natural bond to a animal. hence medding around and wolfs and lion bears pass by and nit aggro like they do to tree hugging druids and rangers.
just my thoughts and only my thoughts hope not to affend anyone

mac
vah shir bst

hakaaba

Quote1) sony made bstlod  class without for thought in if they kept bst to par with other classes they would rule the game.

Yes, beastlords are extremely difficult to balance

However i seriously doubt theres a conspiracy to force beastlords out of the game lol.  They either 1. dont understand or 2. dont care

Edit: this is the link to the sony boards where our top 10 is

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=beastlordbalance&message.id=1049

How come everything is still "NEW" after a month+? lol

Biostar

I can respect that Tastian but my point is Sony is never in a hurry to do change. Took a while for bst to have a raid utility and a place in groups in the begining.  I really didn't like my pet taking up a buff space and even had him dispelled a few times. I was glad when they switched them over to spell form. It kept them from being broken everytime they made changes to warders (or changes period) and made them easier to adjust. Its kind of exciting to see what bst will get in about every expansion.  :-D

Edit: Darn almost forgot. Instead of making feral swipe an aa why not just make it an ability like monks tiger claw and flying kick.
[

Chickennuggets

SOE's stance on class changes:
1) Sorry we can't make any changes at this time, we have too many people dedicated to the new expansion coming out... you know the one, we pimp it every time you log on.
2)Sorry we can't make any class changes at this time, we have too many bugs and coding, and balance to work out on the latest expansion... you know the one, you downloaded it, but we gave cheesy in game gifts to everybody who didn't.
3)Sorry we can't make any class changes at this time, we are having meeting after meeting about re-invisionment of all the classes.
4)Sorry we can't make any class changes at this time, as you all know we are starting work on another expansion, which is very similar to the last one, just some different zone layouts, and a few more monster models, nothing ground breaking, but they are all a lot of coding.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Pakratz

One of my hot issues is that Pet Hold is not a default status, so on raids where there are AEing mobs, I basically need to hit Pet Hold after every kill or risk Toto running off after an AE mob.  I've wiped our raid this way.  This is one reason that our guild has a clear bias against pet classes - we typically have 1 mage and 1 bl on most of our 54 person raids.

I'd love to see 2 modes while pet is not actively engaged: Attack stance (responds to damage on itself or me) and Hold stance (does not respond to damage to either of us).  Make it an AA, I'm fine with that.

Other than that, DPS DPS DPS.  And I love the idea of Perfection being a % of mana pool.  Currently MGB Perfection is so insignificant on Qvic+ raiding that we dont use it at all.  Can count on 1 hand the number of times I've been asked to cast it.  I cast it when I see fit, but if I don't nobody has ever missed it not being cast.  Sad.

hakaaba

Paragon  -- 6 AA -- 1200 hp/480 mana  --  when raid geared/buffed beastlords had 6k hp and 4k mana (20%/12%)
Perf lvl 3 -- 15 AA -- 1602 hp/660 mana --  when raid geared/buffed beastlords have 10k hp and 9k mana (16%/7.3%)

So our "upgrade" was actually a 4-5% downgrade at almost triple the cost -- and its even worse when you look at caster mana pools and tank hp pools which have grown even more.

And i was generous on the luclin numbers and stingy on the omens numbers :(

Gungagunga

Check out the leaked AA's for the newest expansion... you can certainally feel the honesty and integrity SOE has when they told us back last Feb or so that they were re-invisioning classes and working on balance...

hakaaba

Honestly though its better than the crap weve been getting.  Of course were still paying 3x as much as we should for the dps increases but it seems like we have relatively more dps increasing aas than some classes

Yamori

Imo, Feral Swipe should either be changed to a huge + kick damage modifier (as in, + 100 per kick), or simply give it the same refresh time as kick.