Main Menu

Trushar's mending

Started by hakaaba, July 18, 2005, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

tops out at 850

WHY is this a downgrade from chloroblast? (994 (L55) to 1044 (L60)) when chloroblast is a vendor sold level 62 spell and trushar is a rather rare quest turn-in only dropping from fairly high end GoD content, not to mention level 65.

Maybe this will look even more insane in chart form:

Chloroblast     Trushar        Muada
level                62                    65               67
mana             331                  370              456   
cast                3.75                  3                 3
heal(max)     1044                 850            1165
heal/time      278.4               283.3          388.3
heal/mana    3.154              2.297           2.554

Even muada is a downgrade in healing/mana (which i strongly dislike) but im also concerned why trushars is a downgrade in all areas except heal/time which isnt very important.

If weve got a spot on our top 10 we need filled maybe heals still needs a spot on it *shrug*

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Dancolen

.75 sec is enough time to warrant the extra cost/inefficiency to soe I guess?

I could understand if trush was 2.5 sec maybe....  or chloro was 4.0/4.5
but /shrug...  in MOST group/solo situations, ill mem chloro.
In Nest/RSS groups, or Raids, i'll mem muada's

Strigori

because when they altered chloro they did it with ONLY druids in mind of being the main healer for xp groups at the level they get it.  And in true SoE fashion failed to look at the full scope of things.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Telocsilver

There was some discussion about these ratios at some point shortly after they were introduced.  I believe the Devs were going to go back, some time, and redo them so they were more inline with progression.

Sharrien

How about going back and returning it to the group IoS it once was.  Trushar's Mending was a dumb idea at the time and is now a complete waste of a spell stone.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Tastian

-  It is a waste of a spell stone, just like lots of old spells become for many people.  The main thing trushars does is provide a clear stepping stone in beastlord healing progression.  Without trushars being brought on par with ranger heals then beastlord healing would continue to have diverted and fallen off from where it had previously been.

-  Chloro was changed and it's been said a few times that other heals are now being looked at.  I think it was already said that the other heals would atleast have their efficency tweaked to bring them more inline with the new chloro, but possibly some other changes as well.

hakaaba

Can we expect any changes in the next 18 months? lol im starting to think sony is having a competition how long they can leave stuff broken before having to fix it or something.

Tastian

I wouldn't put a number to it lol.  8P

They are working hard on the next expansion and beta is underway.  It's something that they've acknowledged and know is wrong which is atleast better than what they've said so far about bst dps lol.  Soon as a change hits test or I hear something I'll pass it along. 

Strigori

beta shmeta.   They keep saying the 'next expansion team' and the live team are two different groups of people.  So  either they are lieing to us, or  we just are not a priority in any way shape for form  with them.  It just isnt important to them to have our healing scale correctly.   After all,  other than our pet heals(which was part of the total heal revamp with mages and necs mixed in), everything we recieved was not class specific.  FoI, nope.  Buffs/utility, nope.  DPS, nope.  Just the "being disscused".  I'm sorry, for things that have been on there sence day1 of top ten lists have been decided one way or another, regardless of what the little messages say on their forums.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

smokepaw

I'm starting to think the grim reality is there aren't any fixes otw till after new expansion. Although it's very unfortunate, it's not suprising. Instead of getting pissed off about it though I plan on being a thorn in their sides while in Beta! You would think since our numbers seem very good, that our class should be getting the attention it deserves.

Level 70 WildBlood of the Luclin server

Dakat

You have to remember too that before there was OOW, Trushar was the best we could get. Chloroblast at that time would have cost you 150 mana for 642 hp healed. I don't remember how much mana Trushar cost or how much it healed for before the upgrades, but I'm sure it was better then Chloroblast.  So you can't base this was an upgrade off that. You got what you asked for, "I want to heal like a ranger".

Tastian

Even if the devs teams are different this is very much a spell issue that falls mainly on rytan.  Also you have to remember that EQ is a growing/living/whatever game and things aren't always right at all times(I know I know lol).  What I mean is there was a point very recently where our blast heal got upgraded and was way too fugging close to our pet heals until the pet heals got fixed.  This is simply an issue of the order of changes that happend.  Imagine if CB had been boosted before we saw fixes to our normal heals lol, then people would complain about muanda's, etc. 

It'd be great if everything got fixed at once or if all changes that impacted one class did or whatever, but that just isn't how it works.  Our bst/rng heals got tweaked and then we got part of a change to CB that kinda skewed things and means we'll need other changes made.  They have acknowledged it and will fix it, but like I said I just don't know when at this point. 

hakaaba

But theres been at least 3 patches between the problem first being introduced and now.  And if im not mistaken they were informed of the problem almost immediately after it went live if not during test. :(

Rarrum

From what I heard from someone at the summit, they don't really care about all the little problems in the game.  They probably just see this as "another little problem" that they can ignore.

A few little problems are livable, but when half of what one does to play the game normally are things to work around bugs, thats going too far.  Personally, If the next expansion hits and things are still as buggy as they are now, then chances are I'll not be here anymore to worry about it.

hakaaba

Lol i hear ya.  Did you know all our pet summons up to 60 are still Alteration from back in luclin days when they were buffs?  And theres a bunch of other messed up trends in our spells i noticed when making our spell list :)

Wouldnt it take all of 30 seconds to fix that? lol its gotta be just a dozen variables theyd have to set from 8 to 9 or whatever

I almost forgot, in the spell description for focus of alladnu they must have copied and pasted it from some shammy spell cause it says "fills your target with the spirit of Undalla, increasing their hp for 1:08 (or whatever it is)"

And Alladnu's last name is spelled backwards in the epic text :p