Main Menu

Trushar's mending

Started by hakaaba, July 18, 2005, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

Actually ive got a legitimate idea.  Why dont we choose one of our top 10 spots as the designated 'trivial to fix' spot. 

This would either

1. prove sony isnt even reading the top 10 :p

or

2. get them fixed one at a time hopefully quickly

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Iskandar

Quote from: hakaaba on July 27, 2005, 05:20:20 PM
I almost forgot, in the spell description for focus of alladnu they must have copied and pasted it from some shammy spell cause it says "fills your target with the spirit of Undalla, increasing their hp for 1:08 (or whatever it is)"

And Alladnu's last name is spelled backwards in the epic text :p

From what I remember, it used to be called Spirit of Undalla, not Spirit of Alladnu (this may have just been in the Beta). For reasons beyond my understanding, they reversed the name (but obviously never fixed the description to match) :lol:  One of the other spells had a name change too...  tempted to say the Rashara warder, but I don't remember for sure on that one.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Tastian

Several of the instances of undalla or whatever were just a name reverse that happend during beta.  Also several of the items on the list are/have been trivial type of issues.  Changing the spell dat on ferocity of irionu that is considered a joke by everyone I've ever shown the spell dat too isn't a huge issue.  Adjusting feral swipe damage again isn't a huge issue.  Feral swipe has seen several tweaks since its inception(thank god), but still falls short.  Some of the issues like adjusting AAs and fixing dps are bigger issues, but there are lots of smaller ones.

Also the top 10 list is just one thing.  There are tons of other threads/posts/suggestions/feedback/bugs/etc that get mulled over.  Lots of tweaks could happen, but as the new expansion gets closer it seems more likely some will have to wait.  However, the expansion provides great oppurtunity to address several of our issues.  *shrugs*  Will have to wait and see.

hakaaba

i still think it would be cool to start out our top 10:

1. we would like you to fix the spell description of Focus of Alladnu

2.  serious issue

3. serious issue

:p

I mean every *single* beastlord above level 67(?) is affected by this, isnt it worth the 30 seconds of programmer time to fix? heh

Tastian

I'm not sure affected is the word I'd use lol.  And I can think of lots of other things I'd like to see them change spell dat wise with 30 seconds.  Heck unless the db is as nuts as some of the original code I could fix a couple things in 30 seconds.  8P

Skratz

still wtb group ios or better ratio!
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Tastian

65/67 heals are supposed to be getting tweaked soon.  Ry mentioned taking a look at them after last patch, but the changed didn't go into this patch.  I'm trying to get an update from him now to see if we can expect those changes next patch.

hakaaba

Oiingo

Holy smokes, never thought I'd be on the healer bandwagon, but the more time in spend in the Demiplane, the more I wish we had a better deal.  I can't wait to see what changes they might offer.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

mogtoth1

Maybe the change will be in the patch to the patch  :|
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

hokarz

I find myself patch healing often enough where I'd like a slightly better heal, once in while, but I don't want to be pigeon-holed as healer.  It's been a running joke in my guild when I and another beastlord have to cast a heal. I don't mind healing a healer who has aggro, just so they can concentrate healing on the tank, rather than themselves, but if the tank's depending on me to heal, raid is already doomed :p

Savage Lord Hokarz

hakaaba

Bst heals are not at all useful as patch heals atm because they plain and simple cost too much mana.  They are nice for keeping my butt alive against those massive aes on raids and solo -- but both of those eat up my mana extremely fast because our heals are so, so, so, so horribly mana inefficient.

Shieara

I dunno, I've been doing a truckload of spot heals recently.  Saved quite a few from an ignoble death, and I get put on blasts far more then I would like, lol.  But that is with my guild and we are small, we have to take what we can get.

Kanan

during rikkukin, our guild has me designated to run hotkeys, telling em where to run.  My dps sucks on that fight, since I cast BE like 3, 4 times total, and never nuke (i use my kb & in-game macro hotkeys for doing most of my nukes, and have to use a totally different pad for that fight).  Our cleric died (too light on hps really for the aes involved in that fight) and the pair of wizards, the sk & myself lasted to the end of the fight.  I only just barely saved the wizards at the end bcs I was able to land the heals at under 10%.  I have no spell haste at all now.  The slow cast time on that very inefficient heal put me (9k unbuffed manapool, started healing at about 80% mana) at about 40% mana after abt half a dozen heals as fast as i could get em off.  It only barely kept em up.  If the fight had lasted another 30 seconds or so, we would've lost both of them & probably myself (the sk was tapping like mad & keeping self up nicely).  I ain't asking pious remedy effectiveness.  I just want a lil more bang for the mana buck.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

hakaaba

honestly, if they made trushar's mending an upgrade to chloroblast and muada's mending an upgrade to trushar's, we'd be golden.  Because chloroblast is actually pretty decent.  Any reasonably upgrade from there would put us in a nice spot -- still below everyone else mostly, but at least not cripplingly so (as it currently stands)

Its important to note that when i say upgrade i mean three things however:

1.  pure amount healed  (of course)
2. healing / mana (currently a big step down and this is what is hurting us)
3. healing / time (this is bordering on acceptable currently.  I wouldnt turn down any increases in this department but im also not specifically looking)

If any of these are neglected, its NOT an upgrade.  Hence why muadas and especially trushars are sizable DOWNgrades currently.