Main Menu

The 1 Question

Started by Shamno, May 06, 2006, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamno

KK as far as I understand it the top ten list is being stepped away from and classes get to ask one question once a week. The question is answered and the problems is addressed or looked into, with plauseable feedback to the issue or fix proposal.

Some haven't gone to well.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=warriorbalance&message.id=18483

So what was our one question and any feedback on it as of yet?

Tastian

The question isn't definitely answered and as with the top 10 lists there is no guarantee of feedback. 

Our question for the week dealt with our heals at the higher end having a horrible drop in healing efficency, etc.

Some classes got answers already, others didn't for various reasons.  As usual if I hear something I'll pass it along.  At this point my plan is to try to get some answers to obviously skewed spells/effects/AA we have in the hopes of then being able to talk about other issues without having to allow for future fixing of these issues.  *shrugs*

As always feel free to PM/e-mail/post/pajama-gram/etc. 

hakaaba

I like your choice of questions at least :)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

hakaaba

Wheres ours posted though?

Speaking of the top 10, has anyone else noticed kytheria hasnt even bothered to post on it since january?

Tastian

Lots of them weren't updated and there was talking of turning updating over to the corrs, but that didn't really happen.  Then the talk of going to the one question per week thing, etc.

Right now I think I'm just going to update the top 10 list and maintain it even if not part of an offical SoE thing just to give people an idea where we are at and what some of the upcoming questions will likely be.

The question isn't "posted" anywhere in that it's not an offical thread that will be posted and the dev will respond or anything like that.  I pose the question, hope for a response and if one is given I will quote what was said.  If people want I can update on what the question was, but since there is no guaranteed response I figured I'd do kind of like what fro did and wait until I had a response and then update accordingly.  This is an in progress kind of thing, so I'm not sure exactly how it'll work out and I'm open to suggestions as always.

bham

Post us the question please Tastian.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Discordant

Its becoming painfully obvious that while other classes' issues and concerns are generally at least reviewed, for some reason, the devs continue to treaty beastlords as red-headed stepchildren of EQ and often dodge or even ignore issues that we have had going on years.  Forgive me for being pessimistic, but one can only take so much of the "We are looking into the matter" before you start to believe that "looking into the matter" means "yah, gripe all you want, but we aren't changing it."

jitathab

I would also like to the questions posted, or maybe a log such as

Date   Question (brief)  Replied

So we can see the ignored ones, and when they replied we then get to see the question.

Rhoam

Well, there are fewer and fewer people who play our class and due to the dwindling numbers, we are not high on their priority list. It is very frustrating to see issues ignored and other classes, such as rangers and berserkers get a tweak while we are largely ignored. I imagine it has to be very frustrating to Tast as he is more aware of what they are doing (or not doing) than we are. Sadly, this game is dying out. I believe we will see another set of server merges soon and of course some more expansion that put us further behind the curve of class balance but I guess it is still an interesting game to me or I wouldnt be posting my frustration =P. Truth is, I cant find another game that makes me want to start over from scratch at this point. Maybe Vanguard will be that game, who knows....

I guess being the only class that never made it to EQ2 doesnt speak well for the future of our class.

hakaaba

Hey were not really falling behind with expansions.  DoD was actually pretty decent for us, while PoR was sucky for everyone equally :p

Of course that doesn't change the fact that were in a pretty messed up state atm.

Tastian

It really is frustrating for me at times, but *shrugs*.

The main reason I didn't post the question at first is because there is no guarantee this will be addressed.  Some got answers, some devs are out of the office, some are busy, some questions take longer than others, etc.  I didn't want to wind up with three or four threads of "question X" that went unanswered and have more people get more upset over a lack of responses.  Figured I'd just update as I got them, but I'll see if I can put something together so people can see what is being asked and when and kind of keep things up to date. 

One of the main issues I think would be when to stop asking a question.  That is to say, if a question isn't answered this week, do we just use it again next week in the hopes it'll be fielded then, or do we move on to another question and then try going back to it later.  For now I think there are a few preliminary type of questions that really should be gotten out of the way to help us better speak of other issues, but I'm still open to suggestions as always.  *shrugs*

Kroshx

Speaking of question: Has anybody heard rumor of beastlords losing H2H, but gaining 2HP because we don't 1HB enough?
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Kanan

you're the first I've heard of it.  And I dearly hope they don't do something that monumentally stupid, since before OoW, h2h was the one we could get the highest and it sorta fits our lore a lot better than the silly horrid ratio pokeys would.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nekokirei

Quote from: Tastian on May 08, 2006, 10:01:03 PM
It really is frustrating for me at times, but *shrugs*.

Some got answers, some devs are out of the office, some are busy, some questions take longer than others, etc.

*cough* and some of us drive past the SOE corporate office everyday on our way to work and could hand deliver a question and keep pestering the devs right to the point they file a RO >;-}
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Bengali

Quote from: Kroshx on May 09, 2006, 09:08:51 PM
Speaking of question: Has anybody heard rumor of beastlords losing H2H, but gaining 2HP because we don't 1HB enough?

I haven't heard anything, but the rumor doesn't even make sense as described.  Beastlords don't use 1HB enough, so they take away a skill that we do use apparently (H2H) and then give us a skill that has nothing to do with our allegedly underused skill (2HP)?  Even if the assumptions are right, it just doesn't flow logically.  It's like saying, "People don't drive their cars enough, so we are taking away their bicycles and giving them boats."

Aside from that, All the high-end BST-only weapons are 1HB (including the epic 1.5/2.0), so I don't know why anyone would think we don't use 1HB enough in the first place.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"