Main Menu

The 1 Question

Started by Shamno, May 06, 2006, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

What i dont get is how problems can remain after the devs themselves have admitted there is a problem  :roll:

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tardar

/ignore works for them too!

Tastian

Coding issues, tight schedules, and I'm sure a host of other problems.  For issues that are basically a spell DB change it's pretty simple once you are sure what you want to do; which can take a bit of balancing.  Other issues that might invovle coding or sweeping changes though usually take longer.  *shrugs*

I do get frustrated over some of the issues though that have gone unfixed for so long now.  Lots of people talk about top 10 lists being fluff or wishlists or whatever, but some of the issues are 100% correct and in need of attention.  Still waiting to hear a response and atleast get confirmation that it's being adjusted.  With ry I knew he agreed and was looking into fixing it, but was short on time.  With prath I haven't heard for sure from him that he's going to fix it, but it is a very obvious problem that once he sees it should warrant a fix.  *shrugs*

As always I'll update soon as I hear something, but at this point I don't blame those with a reasonable amount of skeptisism and negativity.  8`(

hakaaba

So essentially this is them tellling us to save ourselves the trouble of writing up a top 10 because they wont even look at the top 1?

PS. forgive my bluntness, you all know how much effort ive put into trying to get some changes made only to run into the wall of ignorance

Tastian

"So essentially this is them tellling us to save ourselves the trouble of writing up a top 10 because they wont even look at the top 1?"

No.

jitathab

Ok question for next time. When will be get an answer to our first question :p

Rhoam

Um, to answer the QOTW for them, it is working as intended. OR

We are looking into that issue and will let you know if we intend to make any changes.

OR

We have read your questions and due to the amount of bugs and broken quests and events and spells that we have ignored for the past 7 years, we are swamped with work right now and cant give you any indication as to when we might determine if there is a problem and if so, when we might get around to fixing it.

Finally, we would remind you that the next expansion is due out in November (we know it wont be released by then and that when it is released it will be so full of bugs that the servers will be down for 3 straight days, but we have our hands full trying to make it look like we will release it by November even if it is full of bugs at that time and we can always tell you we will fix any bugs that go in with the release before we release the next expansion. We wont fix them, of course, but we will let you have some hope that we will fix them and that is good enough isnt it?

In other words, all we can do is hope that somehow our problems fall into their attention span and they somehow decide to address them before their attention gets displaced elsewhere.

Negative? could read it that way

Accurate? most likely. Heck we are still waiting for them to resolve the subscription billing issues. Some since April with no account activation. If the loss of income from those accounts cant get their attention, what makes us think our in game issues will get their attention?

Grbage

You forgot one.

"We see that there is a problem and will fix the issue but currently it is not very high on the priority list."
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

hakaaba

I believe that was covered by

"We have read your questions and due to the amount of bugs and broken quests and events and spells that we have ignored for the past 7 years, we are swamped with work right now "

I find it funny that they can devote tons of dev resources to this new server but  they can't take the time to review a simple and obvious error in spell-ization

Tastian

They haven't devoted tons of dev time to the progression server.  This was gone over a few times, but it's really only one dev putting much time into it and that dev isn't  prath or osh so it doesn't really have any impact on spell/AA issues.

I hate having to wait even longer for a fix that is so long over due, but I also don't really care for all the misinformation/critisisms that have been flying around either.  Say the healing fix is overdue and it's true and everyone with basic reasoning skills will agree.  Make false statements about how the progression server is taking away resources that otherwise would be used for certain issues or how our "question" didn't get answered when we were never promised an answer and you just come across poorly imo.

I want fixes, I get annoyed, lol boy do I ever get annoyed.  8(    Still, I don't like the misdirected negativity.  *shrugs*

hakaaba

Ok i may have exaggerated the effort, but:

They still have a Dev working on it full time.

Ive seen a post where they referenced code changes (a normally impossible feat to achieve, think about our longstanding problems regarding pet targeting spells/discs) to accomodate the new server.  But i haven't found it again :(  It was about the ability to disable the spawning of choice npcs.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Progression&message.id=12113
Has more rashere quotes that i think we've ever gotten in response to our issues.

If they had a dev work full time on our top 10, we'd have no issues left after a week (if not less).  Obviously thats not realistic, but i dont think its unrealistic to ask for more than no time at all.

Shamno

We still would a top ten with about most the things that are currentle there  becuase those aren't strictly bug issues. The bug stuff is annoying I will admit, but really it doens't effect the balance of our class overall. It is the stuff that is class balance that will need to take more then 1 Dev to actually work on, becuase that is how the system works. When it comes down to class balance and most general other changes to a class, be it mitagation, DPS, and etc......specially with our class, you need more then 1 Dev working on it and most the time it has to go through constant feedback discussions and etc.

hakaaba

ok if we had 1 week with a dev with super crazy unsupervised admin access  8-)

Ikkorus

I've given up hope that the devs will EVER touch Beastlords again.  Lets all just admit it...the beastlord is a dying class in large part thanks to SoE's inability to listen to player complaints about bugs and imbalance issues.

Taiglin

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Beastlords aren't given a more thorough review (where thorough = meaningful changes) until SoL is unlocked on the progression server. The same might hold true for other level related issues that affect us - ie spells/healing.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]