Main Menu

Aggro issues?

Started by Tastian, July 19, 2006, 05:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil silverclaws

aye no problems here realy, maybe on some pick up groups i might pull agro a few times but its easy to compinsat for and ajust so it dosent happen agean.

Altho this is nothing that realy bugs me to much but sometimes with the cog blaster on if i get a few fast procs ill get agro on trash in raids when a mob first comes into camp and it takes a little bit for a knight to get it back but thats what RoT and our defence disc are for haha.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Nimbin

The only time I really have aggro issues is when our stupid untimed invis pops at the most inopportune moment.   :roll:

Too much aggro during combat is hardly a problem anymore.

Gaeastar

Aggro is still a problem if you dont have the new pet and the roar of thunder aa.

For example I was on a raid the other day in isllisin with my 67 beastlord. I was managing to steal aggro off
of our guilds best equipped tank on numerous occasions. I died on 5 occasions and that was in spite of
trying very hard not to steal the aggro. I was not slowing however I was casting 1 or 2 dots Chimera blood
and Scorpions Venom with occasional nukes thrown in when I was fairly sure I would not get aggro.

My second beastlord Is level 64 now and doesnt get aggro as much It could be the difference in gear on the
two beastlords on seperate servers. It could use a bit more help however it is definately not as bad as it once was.
[code:1]
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 68 - Beastlord - Tunare
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 71 - Beastlord - Povar
[/code:1]

Silent and swift i walk always on the dark side of the moon ever searching for the new and wonderous experiences that the world has in store for those who bother to look.

Fightclubx

Rarrum

highend (DPoB level) raiding here...

I don't have any problems with too much agro.  The only problem is since the poison DoT nerf, it's been harder to pull stuff off casters and such... usually I'll chain incap/slows trying to get it off them to no avail.. then another melee walks over and casually taunts it and gets it.

It's not a "big" problem though.. certainly less than the bugs we constantly endure, or the abilites we've lost.

recoil silverclaws

Quote from: Gaeastar on July 21, 2006, 11:40:00 PM
Aggro is still a problem if you dont have the new pet and the roar of thunder aa.

For example I was on a raid the other day in isllisin with my 67 beastlord. I was managing to steal aggro off
of our guilds best equipped tank on numerous occasions. I died on 5 occasions and that was in spite of
trying very hard not to steal the aggro. I was not slowing however I was casting 1 or 2 dots Chimera blood
and Scorpions Venom with occasional nukes thrown in when I was fairly sure I would not get aggro.

My second beastlord Is level 64 now and doesnt get aggro as much It could be the difference in gear on the
two beastlords on seperate servers. It could use a bit more help however it is definately not as bad as it once was.

Sounds more like your getting lower lvl agro more then dot or dps agro = /. Even some of the best tanks cant do much with that type of agro.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Ikkorus

PoTime / Qvic GoD

If I want agro its mine...just involves me actually working hard to get it.  Flash of Light, Slow, Disempower, Chaining Rake (if you can call it chaining).  Generally when we start a mob I slow it after the war gets 2-3 attacks in so that I am sitting up there on the agro list (my idea is i'd rather be the one sitting up there than the cleric if the MT goes down early) and toss a rake in then back down and wait for assist.

Kroshx

The only problem I really have with aggro is Ramp/Enrage. Then I go down. It's almost raid-tradition that Kroshx dies two or three times, otherwise it's not a successful raid.  :evil:
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Gaeastar

Quote from: recoil silverclaws on July 23, 2006, 07:47:33 AM
Quote from: Gaeastar on July 21, 2006, 11:40:00 PM

Sounds more like your getting lower lvl agro more then dot or dps agro = /. Even some of the best tanks cant do much with that type of agro.

You could be right but then you would think the 54 beast on that raid would have been getting more aggro than I was too. /shrug
[code:1]
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 68 - Beastlord - Tunare
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 71 - Beastlord - Povar
[/code:1]

Silent and swift i walk always on the dark side of the moon ever searching for the new and wonderous experiences that the world has in store for those who bother to look.

Rhoam

Well. I dont have the dodh pet, but I do have roar of thunder. My experience prior to getting rake was that aggro management wasnt an issue. With Rake, I do see an increase in aggro and frequently I steal aggro from the tank in pickup groups with the use of just one rake early in the fight. I cant resist using rake when it pops and the aggro isnt usually a problem, no one has complained about my taking aggro briefly and and I usually lifetap the damage back during the remainder of the battle. I need to get the dodh pet. I was lucky enough to get a good tank for 68.2 but I cant find one who will brave 68.3 atm =(.

Grbage Heep

Rarely do I have agro issues anymore. Mainly because SOE has done a good job pushing up warrior agro abilities for the non-raiders + taunt fix, not because our agro has decreased any.
70 Beast on Torv

Yoggi

My problem is not with keeping aggro off me if I do not want it but getting it when I need to.   I tank alot in groups and before the nerfed the Poison spells it was no problem to hold aggro when I needed to ( example: pulling a mob off clerics while a plate tank gets to it. ) Staying off aggro is really easy if I pay attention to what is happening.  I would like to see something put in that when needed we can get aggro.  I can get aggro but by the time I Slow, Incap, rake,Nuke the cleric or caster could be dead.
Click image for Magelo

[Wed Jul 23 21:28:43 2008] Ur-Floxiz Lochmaul was hit by non-melee for 16981
[Wed Jul 23 21:28:43 2008] Yoggi scores a critical hit! (16978)
Proud Officer/RL of SoS
80 Beastlord of Maelin

recoil silverclaws

ive never had a problem getting fast agro with slow, nuke nuke incap <--- this spell rocks for chep mana from the amount of agro you get from it so i chain it as if it where a paly stun works great for me when i need to pull agro. If your still haveing problems then i would sujest getting a rune procing wepon like vish staff not only is the rune great for cutting the amount of dmg thats inc to you but everytime that rune pops up its extra agro.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Baerek

Just to add some information from a 55 BLs perspective. I don't seem to have many aggro issues. At this level it's very easy for me to control agro by limiting or adding spells that I cast during a fight. Also, I can control aggro by when I cast something. If I want agro, I get it, if I don't want it, I won't get it, simple as that.

hakaaba

Quote from: Essant on July 21, 2006, 05:26:48 AM
I noticed a large increase in agro when I added the +3 damage aug from Tris to the Tonfa, but it just took some getting used to.

I know its off topic, but arent melee hits a set amount of aggro regardless of damage?  In that case you should definatly not have noticed a difference from a +3 dmg aug :p  I remember it used to be a huge deal not to kick on raids because its alot of extra aggro for a pretty piddly amount of dps. *shrug* Not that it ever stopped me heh.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))