Main Menu

Aggro issues?

Started by Tastian, July 19, 2006, 05:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

i use incapacitate alot when i'm tanking.  I find It's plenty of aggro and while its more expensive and slower than FoL, it lacks the fear problem and makes up for it in the bigger atk debuff imo. (however small this gain actually is, heh)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Doomringer

While I agree that Incap is the best thing we have to a snap agro spell, the instance you used it to save a chanter will not work as "snap agro as the chanter has usually crippled and debuffed the mezzed mob. Thus Incap is just an inferiror debuff spell like most of the rest of our aggro spells. I am sure most of us have been in groups as the tank with chanters and shammies and have asked them to not slow/cripple the mobs becuae we want to have the lock on the mob's aggro.

I don't think it is out of line for beasts to ask for such a tool. It in no way diminishes a plate tank's desireablity as a group tank,. They still mitigate way better than we do and are less mana intensive in most cases for the rest of the group. Also we have already established that beasts can get enough agro to tank when they want/need to.

It is my opinion that even though I have not seen our class definition that we are still considered a utility class. A snap aggro tool would add a terrific tool to a group and even raid situation.
Doomringer Loneclaw
Feral Lord Vah Shir
Firiona Vie
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=925159

Inphared

Quote from: Doomringer on August 30, 2006, 11:44:46 PM
A snap aggro tool would add a terrific tool to a group and even raid situation.

I agree to the group situation, but from a raid standpoint, I can only see it doing more harm than good.

Most trash is only meant to be tanked by a plate tank -- high base damage, flurries, and the like. Us gaining quick agro on a mob (trash or raid encounter) would only spell out our demise / wasted mana healing us, imo.

This would also send up a cry from Monks and Rangers. They, too, would need a quick agro ability. Knowing SoE, if they implemented this, they would give the Monks and Rangers a more powerful version, while leaving us something that might be 1/3 as effective.

But they won't implement it.  :-(

dainfrol

Us gettin a snap agro ability would most likely not be used in a raid situation, it would be more for a single group where we are the most viable tank in the group.  I personaly would not think about tanking in a raid situation, we have plate classes who can do a better job at it.  My opinion may change about this some day when I get some better gear and what not, right now fully buffed + Leadership I'm at 8290 HP so when I get upgrades, I may want to try to tank more.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)