Main Menu

The Combine

Started by Graace, October 04, 2004, 05:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eatbugs

QuoteExpecting us to find a completely random combine or series of combines without any clue whatsoever is asking a little much.

Which is why it probably isn't completely random.  There's a pretty short list of common tools used in each tradeskill,  I suspect we can confine our experiments to the original components plus those.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Tigjer_TR

The problem is that we do not know what skill to use

we have the following skills
Alchemy
Baking
Brewing
Fishing
Fletching
Jewelcraft
Make Poison
Pottery
Smithing
Spell Research
Tailoring
Tinkering

Unless we need an item made from a class/race specific skill we can remove
Alchemy, Make Poison, Spell Research, and Tinkering from the list.

This leaves us the folowing 8

I am also going to remove Fishing unless we are expected to use a tackle box with wood.
This leaves 7.

None of the ingrediants sound as edible so lets remove Baking.
This leaves 6

Brewing
Fletching
Jewelcraft
Pottery
Smithing
Tailoring

We also have Clay, 2 medalions, Wood, Essence and Blood
To make a specific clay and then to combine it with the mold; if we take the interpretation of Muada literaly.

He does say The Medalion, not 2 medalions which makes me think we need to combine the 2 into 1 somehow. I am guessing Either Smithing or Jewelcraft here.

So we have 6 skills and 7 items to combine.

I am guessing last one is either pottery or blacksmithing, mold + the Clay we get from all the previous ones.

So we need to find 1 or a series of subcombines using 6 skills
Brewing
Fletching
Jewelcraft
Pottery
Smithing
Tailoring

and  

6 items

Clay
2 medalions
Wood
Essence
Blood

While there are many common sence combines to try
I did wood with fletching kit with various combos and tools, there may be an item or a step missing. Muada Does say to take the wood first.

This combine while not completely random may have the BST comunity stumped for a long time due to a lack of clues.
And unfortunatelly the clues that sound absolutely common sence to a developer may be absolutely uselles to the rest of us. Remember the Eye in the Storm in the Sky clue for the 1.5  epic.

igaylen

The Bristlebane platters did not give much more information that this, but it was also found, im sure that it can be found if we stop complaining about it and start diving up the combines like they did.

Demuk/emar

Moslow

Anyone ever think that maybe the metal from the 2 medallions could be extracted and then used to make a firing sheet for the totem?

TalleyRN

Anyone else trying to use epic 1.5 in the combines?

Graace

in WOS, there's an item dropped off girplans... "misshapen carving tool"... might wanna try using that.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Eatbugs

Quote from: Raaski RazorclawsApparently someone has figured it out :)

Not sure what you mean - those links are to pieces we already know about.  It's combining them that's the problem.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Raaski Razorclaws

Oh, well then you guys should have summited it to lucy sooner :P.

ZebulisVZ

Anyone tried to combine the blood with a rawdiamond and the spell: Imbue diamond (buyeble Locarme Zennix @ 103, 282, in Temple of Marr) in a planar jeweller's kit or collapsible jeweler's kit? Chanters make imbuespells this way. costs 13pp btw.

Another thought was making a temper to combine with the medallions.
Most temper recepies i looked at consisted of 3parts. A few looked like this essence+blood+liquid (alcohol was very common,some used vial of disilled mana, but sometimes just a random item)
A temper would most likley (imo) consist of essence+blood+something (I would guess wood or a vial of distilled mana)
The most common containers where: brew barrel, tanaan brew barrel, portable drink barrel.

Guess we will see how far off I was in a few weeks :P

Wuflar

dont know if anyone has tried handing any/all items to the elders around norrath?
maybe they have something to say

-wuflar

Sriab Silverclaws

Pulled from EQtraders

Weapons Master Rahoul says 'Yes, Muada demands that each beastlord put some care and devotion into the making of this artifact. You will need to craft your own decoration to this statue to be made from two hides of the strange flesh hounds in Taelosia. You will need to be sure your tailoring is up to par for this, or it will become a very expensive endeavor to gain favor with Muada. Take this pattern to work with when you have your hides. You will need to tan them first and acid wash will do well to remove the impurities and markings, of course. When you are finished, you may present the item to Elder Muada.'

2 Ukun Hides + Acid Wash in Brewing Barrel = Tanned Ukun Leather.

Tanned Ukun Leather + Adornments Pattern in Sewing Kit = Tassels

Tassels + Plain Beastlord Statuette in Sewing Kit = ??? I know it works, they just didn't post what it gets you.

All of this stuff is no fail, but requires a skill of 100+ to attempt.

Elder Sriab Silverclaws 70 Wildblood My Profile

Oneiromancer

That sounds like the skipping-1.0 part of the epic, Sraib.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Sriab Silverclaws

Was not sure if it meant anything or not.

Elder Sriab Silverclaws 70 Wildblood My Profile

kartunevz

no progress, huh?

im not even close, but i was enjoying the hunt!