Main Menu

The Combine

Started by Graace, October 04, 2004, 05:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidyne

Guildie who was running through mons Letalis said he clicked on a flashing light on top of the spire there... and it opened a container for him, called "always works"

Have no idea if this is anything useful.. but its another container to try, that is if he wasnt pulling my leg.

/shrug... just trying to help.

Was 8 slot container

As to how he managed to get up there......   Im still working on that.

On the NW spire, watch for see invis shades.
Watch for EEoE, hes kinda mean.
Go up inside the spire thing form the cave down in the trench.  When reach the top, its the NW spire, you have to climb the middle mountain with lev, float over to the spire, then get on the backside and climb it with lev.

4 flashing lights at the top are actually a container of sorts.

"Always Works"
10 slot
looks like a forge.

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, just thought it might help if it might be it.

Eatbugs

I believe that's a bug connected to the "Always Works Forge" in Dalnir - someone accidentally used the same code for the blinkies on the ML spire.  Now that you've mentioned it though, I may try it just for fun.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

jitathab

heh well Ive heard of extreme ironing in RL looks like extreme combine locations in EQ :) Perhaps theres a forge under some lava somewhere we need to use.

zumu

Quote[Fri Oct 01 01:11:53 2004] You say, 'make the totem'
[Fri Oct 01 01:11:54 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well. You must now fashion the shape of the totem and imbue it with what you have collected, but not without this bit of beastlord magic. The elders fashion this essence rarely, so treat it with care. You will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together. Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step. Return to me and tell me that you are finished with this important duty. Be careful.'

but not without this bit of beastlord magic. and he says, its an imbue. so now im trying with spells... im guessing its one of our warder spells, though it could be fero, sv, sd. he may simply be refering to the essence... but hell, nothings worked so far. time to get creative

zumu

here also is a new drop in dn. i havent found a use for it, maybe you might...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=31228
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=57562

spirit-touched... hmmmm.

Felpaw

Have you tried turning the Spirit-Touched Phased Spider Thorax in to Muada?

zumu

just tried, no dice.

Panthur

I woudnt be suprised it we have to hand an elder something to get something else in return...

zumu

i wouldnt be surprised if its a quest specific container, or tool. ive tried so many combinations now... fletching kit, jewelers kit, toolbox, tailoring kit, brew barrel, forge, pottery wheel, kiln... all different combos of the pieces. have tried with various warder and spirit spells. have tried with water. have tried with file, smithy hammer, luclinite hammer and anvil, planing tool, sculpting tools etc etc etc blah blah blah. i give up.

to the dev thats responsible for this quest: (bunnies). the rest of the quest was great, including the changes made to the final 1.5 fight. but to give us no clues on the combine, to expect us to try every combo with all the parts listed above in every container is absolutely inane. thats work, not a game, not a quest, not fun. you blew it.

Sharrien

Agree with Zumu.  How about a clue?  Even when we figure it out, there's no fun in finding some random combo.  Give us a clue to figure out so atleast we feel like we've beaten a puzzle rather than feel like the 1 millionth monkey at a keyboard.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Latang

Nice Zumu. Real classy.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

CillianFV

Welcome to the world of EQ tradeskilling.  This is nothing new.  There will not be any clues posted on any message board so I don't know why people keep asking.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

zumu

letang - wasnt meant to be classy, was meant to be a middle finger stuck on up to the asshat that threw this type of crap into an otherwise fantastic quest. did you have something to contribute? how about letting us know how much time you've spent on these combines, what youve tried? any new approaches you care to recommend? no? well when you spend as much time as i have getting these items, trying combines, trying new approaches, searching every bit of quest text to date etc etc and posting your results then you can comment on my class sir. til then take a double dose of stfu and choke on it mkay.

cassaya

Hmm, thinking about the thought that was mentioned about magic I had a thought. During the early part of 1.5, the elder Marrey McGrannel said " i'm workin' on a [way] to use the magic these fair ocean maidens do to help our kin", but never really explained what that magic or way to help us was.

Cassaya Catnip
Lvl 70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Endorean - Luclin
Cassaya Catnip
70th Vah Shir Wildblood
Sheep ~ Luclin

Latang

Edit: Nm, taken it to pm's, sorry for derailling. Keep it up guys :)

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>