Main Menu

Pet Procs...Stackable?

Started by Saab, August 22, 2004, 03:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saab

Hi!...$$$

Looked around, etc...I never thought about putting previous proc on after I get a upgrade Pet Proc...can I ? I thought I saw a refernece to doing this somewhere.  Should I? Double the procs on  a pet?

Eatbugs

Pet procs aren't stackable, so you can only have one up at a time.  (You can have a pet proc up and still get procs from whatever weapons your pet is wielding, though - Mage summoned weapons are good for that.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Dakat

Its also good to have the buff that allows your pet to proc be the first buff you place on the pet.  

In the early years, its good to have your pet wear storm than snow or fire proc. Since storm has a stun built in as do the others, Storm has a 200 increase hate bonus, where Snow and Fire have decrease hate by 50.

This will help you out when soloing since every proc the pet lands will allow you to back off and not have the mob follow you. Since the pets proc will allow it to hold agro better when you do step away.

Lets say you buffed pet with Fire proc in PoK. Then you decided to go to Sol B to kill.  Having the proc on will have no effect on some of the mobs in there due to their high fire resists.  So you would want to switch to Snow or some other form.  

Having the proc buff in the first slot will allow you to cast "Cancel Magic" 1 time and remove that proc buff only. Then you can cast a lower level proc buff. It would suck if you had Virtue as your pet's first buff and then canceled magic on it to remove the proc and you say bye to Virtue.

When going from a lower level proc to a higher level one, you dont need Cancel magic to remove it. Just cast the higher level one and it will overwrite the other.

Choppin

Its interesting that the mage "monster summoning IV" pet comes with a multitude of inherent procs, where as we are restricted to a single one (+give pet proc weapons).
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Dakat

well mages have pets that actually cast and proc.  I think they even get a spell to cast on pet that lets the pet regen mana.