Main Menu

Scavenger Hunt

Started by Kuriosity, March 16, 2004, 11:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuriosity

Here are the items that you have to find. Added the brackets to make it sort of checklistable

1. An orb that aids humans on their dark journey through gix.
[ ] Collector's Lightstone:: Wisps in West Commonlands

2. The framework of grotesque guardians.
[ ] Collector's Mistmoore Granite:: Gargoyles in Mistmoore Castle

3. The Cause of the vilest stench of Odus.
[ ] Collector's Skunk Scent Gland:: Skunks in Toxxulia Forest

4. To Bathe safely in the flames of Ro, you'd be lucky to have this natural protection.
[ ] Collector's Fire Goblin Skin:: Fire Goblins in Solusek's Eye

5. Once amphibians begin to rot, they have no need for this blithering tool.
[ ] Collector's Undead Froglock Tongue:: Undead Froglocks in Lower Guk

6. The undead guard the portal of terror with this sharp weapon.
[ ] Collector's Scythe:: Spectres in Feerot (guarding Fear portal)

7. A liquid hoop from the masters of the kitchen.
[ ] Collector's Water Ring:: Tidal Lords in Dagnor's Cauldron

8. This stuffed toy will likely smell of rodent.
[ ] Collector's Kerran Doll:: Kerrans in Kerra Ridge

9. The diseased mongrel will really miss this well-kept orb.
[ ] Collector's Splitpaw Eye:: Gnolls in Splitpaw

10. A close look at this pointy object and you'll understand how the weeping began.
[ ] Collector's Shark Tooth:: Sharks in Ocean of Tears (best worded one imo)

The reward is a

Staff of Endless Adventure (There are at least 2 types)
No stats, no drop
Effects: Nagafen's Fire, Trakanon's Tail
Both effects decrease stamina loss by 1

each has a unique and cool looking firework show :D
Kuriosity Kildme
66 Feral Lady of Firiona Vie

TerjynPovar

My Staff has the effect of Solusek's Sparkler.

Also any goblin in Dagnor's can drop the Ring, I got mine off a Mariner.

And posting spoilers takes away most of the fun I had today!  Ahh well.

(I use fun lightly, I actually groaned when I realized cook referred to Cauldron)

And I thought that the 8th one was worded the best...I saw that and immediately thought of the Kerran Toy which I got way back in the day when there were like no other easily obtainable ranged items in existence. :)
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Silverak

The fireworks rule from this, was worth the 3 hours of running around for sure :)

cougerofeq

been raiding all week - where does this quest begin?

Tastian

Home city.  I zoned in to home town and got a nice message like for LDoN.  Found person hailed, got 10 slot container and cheat sheet.

Konji

I had a blast doing this, eq needs more stuff like this.

People like pointless rewards, i know i do :)

Lithale

Yeah, I ran into the Evil Eye in Lower Guk...  be warned.  He cons green at 62 and hits for 909.  Woot, haven't gotten smacked down like that in a while.  Made it feel like the old days.  :wink:

Jkal_Shihar

yeah a few guildees got smack'd by the king in sol (a/b?? cant remember). said he was hitting from 700 to 1100. and he was green to em.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

tkyn

EE in LGuk hit you for 909? Did they revamp guk? I used to solo him with my level 47ish monk when I was working on Raster camp way back when. Never hit me that hard, hell that would've been a third of my hps then.
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

TerjynPovar

With today's patch they added in "fabled" versions of pretty much every old school old world Named mob who still exists (and a few who are newer than that).

The normal EE can still spawn, and he's no tougher than he normally was.  If the Fabled EE spawns however, that guy hits for 907 as said.

The Fabled King in Lower Guk hit me for 1167 and rampaged, despite being light blue.

So most of the names in Lower Guk, Solusek A/B, Mistmoore, Dvinn in Crushbone, Kizdean Gix in West Commons, Dorn in North Ro, ghost, barkeep, and Knight in Unrest, etc. can all spawn as Fabled in addition to their normal spawns.

Mindlet

The reason they con green is because they are still the same level as the normal version just have more hp and hit for more. They are serious undercons.

UnrulyKitten

The fact they kept their original level sadly means that Rangers and Rogues can one shot them dead with Headshot and Assassinate. Not good planning if you ask me  :(

Unruly

TerjynPovar

It's worse than that.  There are rumors going around that some of them are charmable.

Lithale

Just wanted to add that the spell: Sense Animal, it a way to track sharks in OoT.  :wink:  I'm just as suprised as any that there is a use for this spell.

vizzie

Got this with both my current main 51 BL (created April, 2003, Miragul Missile), and my retired 41 SK (on a different server, created June 2000, Trakanon Tail). The trickiest part of completing the quest with the SK was the Mistmoore granite - on the way to the castle there's too many undead that'll break your invis and make you a sitting duck target for about 6 slightly dark blues and a necro or 2 to pound the snot out of you pretty quickly. And the 2 gargs by the tower are waaay too rare a drop for the granite. Fortunately, I finally found someone clearing the castle for fun, and managed to get my granite drop. I still want to see the Naggy effect tho :)
Karlik Breadth, 51 Primalist

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=702559">cat toys