Main Menu

Bvellos's bounty

Started by Gore, March 21, 2004, 06:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gore

i've been trying to hand coldain heads into captain bvellos to make king tormax like me for a while now. problem is, the guy scowls at me, ready to attack. i've spent hours and hours and hours and hours mindlessly killing dwarfs in an attempt to make this guy talk to me, but he still scowls, ready to attack. i've maxed out my faction with either the kromzek or kromrif (whichever is the one bvellos is'nt on) and collected somewhere between 150-200 coldain heads. at this point i'm sick of killing dwarfs and don't really want to spend another week of 12 hours shifts to get my faction up to par. is there any way to raise bvellos faction tha might work better then killing dwarfs?? or.. maybe is it possible for me to drag an enchanter down to kael with me to charm him for me? and would handing in dorf heads work like that?? any advise would be most appreciated.

Gudaman

I'm not 100% sure but maybe also handing in heads to the recuriter near the EW zone in will raise the right faction.

Here is a link to the quest

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2163.

jalcewhitefur

The guy you are talking about is a Zek, not a Riff.  Kromriff are the anti dwarf giants, Zeks are the Anti dragon giants.  Essentially if you want to raise that faction, then you need to kill dragons.  You can do it very very slowly by killing dwarves, but it will take forever.  And yes you can do the recruiter quest to raise that faction a decent amount, but then obviously you wont have the heads to raise the tormax faction with the captain.  Id advise you to do some ToV raids.

Lesclay

If you you went with the correct race for our class (kitty of course) this will be very easy for you. Invis to him and pop sneak, make sure you are in the corner right behind him and start handing in heads.

If you aren't a vah shir I would suggest keep killing miners in GD until your no longer kos. They upped faction requirements for Tormax quests so it will require a ton of heads.

On another note if you get tired of killing coldain and handing in heads at amiable faction to tormax either buy or kill for an ornate velium pendant
Lesclay Meshuggah
65 bst of Morell-Thule
<Exiled Gatekeepers>

Kaziganthi

I have had to work from dragon to giant and back a few times, and by far the easiest way to get your Zek faction up is to get a buddy or 2 and pillage the pool room in Skyshrine for a few hours.  I promise it will work, and be far less painless than the dorf huntin' =)

Kazi

Mindlet

Killing skyshrine mobs won't raise tormax faction though. However you can get your kromrif faction up enough to allow you hand them in. You will need hundreds of heads to get up tormax faction. I was doing faction with my rogue to hand in some tov armour and did over 100 heads. Was max ally with kromrif after that but was still scowls to tormax.

If you really want to raise tormax fast the best way is to kill dain and yelinak. Of course this is easier said than done.

celodar

Kobald paws from upper and lower dogs may help faction, but have not done quest.

Also, a gank of Velk the Sorceror will boost Tormax faction a bit, dunno how high though.

Dorrogtr T`A

I turned in about 70 Coldain Heads, scowling to Captain Bvellos in Kael. Here's how:

1) Bring an enchanter friend, pref. 65

2) Head to Kael. (You'll be waiting at the WL zoneline)

3) Have your enchanter friend (alone) invis to the bank. Let him/her pacify the 2 guards outside the bank, Captain Bvellos, and Staff Sergeant Drioc.

4) Enchanter pulls Bvellos single (Enchanter can aggro the other giants while running back, as long as s/he has a rune.) from the bank, and runs to WL zoneline, zones out.

5) You aggro Captain Bvellos with a slow and incapacitate or something to keep aggro. Enchanter zones back in, roots Bvellos (that's when you back off), mem blurs Bvellos, then lulls him.

6) Put 4 Coldain Heads inside the trade window, and have him chain cast invis on you. (Be invis before turnins.)

7) Repeat step 6 as needed until all Coldain Heads are gone.

Yes, I'm an Iksar, so any non Vah Shir can do this.

Hope this helps.  :)

brakkas

Killin in the GD mines is the best siurce fir COldain heads. Though if you hunt them in EW you can get Brells Divine  Stragy or somthin like that to do another quest for KT faction, turn in to Prophet of vallon iirc.  and deliver supplies to the kromrif camp and mercinaries for more faction with KT.  They are mostly just running around but a welcome change from doorf killin for a bit.

as to turn ins think you need to be at least indifferent for bevellos, giving to the recruiter gives you much less faction than bevellos but allows you to work up to the faction to do hand ins to bevellos.

As to a rogue the can sneek/hide and do turn ins directly to Tormax from what i understandr. Never tried so i dunno but its what i've heard.

Lesclay

ewww. bad advise on that one. it WAS true you could sneak/hide turn ins to tormax but he will now eat whatever you turn into him with this method. You need at least warmly faction for his quests.
Lesclay Meshuggah
65 bst of Morell-Thule
<Exiled Gatekeepers>