Main Menu

Broken and Incomplete Quests

Started by mac173, May 07, 2004, 12:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac173

I saw this post on the Sony board, and agree with it wholeheartedly.

Quote from: FahlenCryptwalkerI'd love to do more quests on my own without spoiler help from a site like Allakhazam, but in the past I've run across broken quests after wasting WAY too much of my time on them, so I completely refuse to do so now. If quests that are several expansions old aren't going to be fixed, could you at least take out the NPC dialogues that start them in the first place? Preferably they'd all get fixed, but if there aren't enough programmers to do that, at least take them out of the game so people don't go wasting their time, that's what really irks me.
I NEVER talk to NPC's anymore, or respond to dialog that seems to lead to a quest. Even if you can finish it, the rewards are just never worth the time and trouble. The idea of "EVERQUEST" when I bought it and started playing was questing. Getting Gear, Levels, and Power thru Quests. I quickly learned that Quests were many times broken, the rewards not worth the effort, and most times the Quest needed you to be a level way beyond the one you received it on. The situation has only gotten worse, and the majority of new players want to Level, Level, Level. So the Quest's remain broken and incomplete.

All the changes to EQ have taken Quests out of the game. Perhaps it should be renamed

EVERLEVEL

Kherryn

I think EverRaid is more appropriate, considering the direction GoD and GoD2 looks to be going.