Main Menu

Fishing

Started by Gariyn, May 20, 2004, 04:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gariyn

I'm just starting fishing for my shawl quest. I was wondering does it matter what zone i fish in. I dont care about catching anything at all I want is skill ups.

So the question is does it matter if I fish in Time,POK or any zone when it comes to skill up?

I proberly could check eqtraders but I'm sure there are quite skilled fisherman/woman right here.

:twisted:
Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Merescata

For skill ups, just keep at it anywhere.  For the shawl quest IC is the only place to catch the needed fish.
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Sardarni

I took about 5-6 stacks of bait and 5-6 poles to IC I got my skill from 21 to the 80's there.  Got my first quest fish at skill 42, got 8 before I ran out of bait.  Somebody else in the zone with a 140ish skill got 7-8 quest fish in 15 minutes.

Kinash

Personally I loved to fish at the Lighthouse in Gunthak. I got my fishing up to 200 there and my Baking to 142 by making Crispy Gouramis and Grilled Eels. Yummy!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Mindlet

Why bother fishing? I didn't I just bought the fish they aren't no drop.

Dumpty

Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Gizzie Spaljake

I certainly intend doing the fishing as getting my skills up is a huge part of the game for me. I only recently decided this but after spending soooo long in JPF to get to 55 and getting loads of pelts and not having a great deal of time to play , I have decided to get to 56 and new pet then concentrate on my tradeskills. I will be hunting for as much stuff myself as is humanly (or should that be felinely) possible :D
Gizzie
Bertoxxulous
Fifty Something Var Shir Beastlord

Kinash

Quote from: Gizzie SpaljakeI certainly intend doing the fishing as getting my skills up is a huge part of the game for me. I only recently decided this but after spending soooo long in JPF to get to 55 and getting loads of pelts and not having a great deal of time to play , I have decided to get to 56 and new pet then concentrate on my tradeskills. I will be hunting for as much stuff myself as is humanly (or should that be felinely) possible :D

Personally I love advancing my trade skills. My BL is over 100 on everything but Fletching and Jewcraft. The Sonic Wolf Bane weapon and progressive trade skill quests in Shar Vahl are a ton of fun and are a great accomplishment IMHO. When I got my Sleek Sonic Wolf Tunic from the Progressive Tailoring Quest I was really proud!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Tardar

Fishing in GoD zones used to net some decent pp.  I haven't been in forever, so not sure if the prices have been nerfed, but if you just need a place to skill up and make some decent pp while doing it, I suggest GoD, Natimibi is where I went.

Dumpty

Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev