Main Menu

Elidroth--Asked us to notify CL about new AA ideas

Started by Mordeb42, July 08, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthur

Sorry but where does it say my pet isnt meant to tank? and HELLO we are wearing LEATHER ffs. Not like we have plate ac or migitation.

In the beginning our pets were MEANT to tank, why else would we have the best.. well, had the best, healing abilities on our warders?

If mages are going to get our promised line, i'll be dammed if we don't get their pet strengths with that. Why should we lose our pet healing ability and get a weakarsed warder in return, while mages have strong pets AND our heal (which was nerfed for us soon as THEY got it as well WTF??)

Everything that made us as pet tenders pointed to pet tanking or offtanking. Now that ability is useless. Our pet heals are ineficient, our warder is awful in every regard, and we have gotten worse and worse with no one paying attention to our pet plight for almost an entire expansion, which is sad.

Catnip_Inny

Quote from: Panthur on August 04, 2009, 11:35:57 PM
Sorry but where does it say my pet isnt meant to tank? and HELLO we are wearing LEATHER ffs. Not like we have plate ac or migitation.

Good point lol!

Panthur

Mage version of pet tanking and/or pet dying: Pet dies, or is about to die, mage judges situation and either has time to whip out suspended backup pet or gate.

1) Mage decides too risky and gates to run back for another attempt.
2) Mage sees a chance, throws out a rumbling servant to keep mob busy whilst unsuspending a backup pet. mage resumes killage of said mob.

Bst version of pet tanking and/or pet dying: Pet dies, or is about to die, bst judges situation and either has time to whip out suspended backup pet or run.

1) Bst decides too risky and tries to run for the zone line for another attempt. Bst mashes pet hold so mob is pissed at pet not bst while runing away.

2) Bst sees a chance, throws out a werewolf pet to keep mob busy whilst unsuspending a backup pet. Warder insta croaks. bst runs away, mob chain summons bst to death.

(Some humor at least heh)

Maylian

Combine Hobble and Fellgrip into one combined AA with a reasonable duration and obviously no charges. Fellgrip as a spell is fairly redundant and make it easy for us to determine when the spell has landed.

Mazame

The fact that we have to recast the slow proc every time it lands make it useless.

after all on raids you have shammy and chanters and bst all casting slow I rather control when slow is cast rather then leaving it up to a proc that I have to recast anyways. maybe some insight as to what the intent on it was might change my mind.

with all the classes that can cast slow I can agree that removing the having to recast it part of the spell would be an improvement that way we could slow one target while our pet slows another making it worth casting.

Grbage

I believe the idea behind fellgrip was to try and help us lower our agro. Pet gets slow agro rather then the bst, good intention bad implementation.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Denti

It was actually a frantic last minute spell design when the requested and for most of the beta tested pet proc malosi type thing turned out to be caught in severe stacking problems with shamans and mages. We were asking back then for a resist debuff proc to help us land slow because multiple slow cast tries increase aggro too much, they just gave pets a better slow with a higher neg resist check than we get to achieve the same goal, however with a bugged proc mechanic from day one. Most in beta back then were apalled and lobbied against that spell, however we still receive upgrades to it.

Sharrien

I can understand why at the time no one liked it since you could not tell when it landed and when it wore off, but now things are different.  We can see a target's buffs, so there is no uncertainty if a mob is slowed.  I use felgrip all the time, it reliably slows and dots the target every time.  I like it also because you cast it before a fight starts, so don't lose dps casting and recasting Sha's while the mob is in camp.

I agree it could be improved by removing the stacking issues with our snare proc and removing or increasing the proc limit so that a single cast could be used for more than one fight.

I hope this spell continues to be upgraded when we see our next level increase.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Grbage

Sharrien, yes with inspect buff LAA it is easier to tell if fellgrip landed but not everyone has that LAA. Matter of fact I know lots of people who have no LAA because they want 100% of their xp to go for leveling or AA. Most people I know who have maxed LAA are clerics and boxers.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Kanan

/chuckle.. or those who maxed them out YEARS ago ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Sharrien

True, some have chosen not to spend any xp in LAA or have recently powerleved up and skipped it altogether.  However, I can't remember the last time I was in a group where no one had decent LAA.  It's been around so long there are tons of people who have it maxxed already.  I even have most of the good raid LAA maxxed and I haven't lead a raid for like 3 years.

Using felgrip isn't the right choice for everyone and plenty prefer not to use it for their own reasons, but I want to make sure that someone is heard who DOES use it all the time so that it does not get dropped from future upgrades.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

wildwaters

I like fellgrip myself. Since I box the beast I don't use it as much now but it's great for highly resistant mobs.

And it's just my opinion Grbage but if someone doesn't have leader aa that doesn't in anyway downgrade its usefulness. All that does is say that the individual isn't maximizing their assets. You can easily knock out the 2 ranks of inspect buffs and get HoTT in no time and those are the important ones. If someone chooses not to round thier character out that is their choice and they will suffer for it in some situations.

I hope they make it an aa >.<

nedoirah

Sadly on my server I run into a lot of players with few to no laa. I ask for leadership in most cases and offer a mentor in exchange so that I can provide what I feel are very nice if not vital laa. It really helps to see when one of my spells sticks on a mob and also to know if something I am trying to cast is being blocked by shaman/chanter slow or other spells.
Back on topic though, I feel we should have rounding out increases to take away some of the rougher edges we have like pet survivability and pet dps. I don't lknow how many remember when pets we're an ability summoned warder and the pet was ~buffed~ with the spirit of xxx spell and the proc spell also. It was done away with at PoP I think. I would like to see a spell or aa that works along the same line (unless I'm missing it).

Mazame

I was hinking how about a new SM aa where a SM pet would live past death. that way you could gear up buff up a pet and pocket it then after a Death you could have your pet gtg when resed

jitathab

Having to have LAA just to use your own AA optimally is absolutley ridiculous, lets tell shaman they can only use one of their slows while in groups. Oh wait what if i solo, I have zero LAA active then.

Its a Marmite AA, the majority dont use it, a few do. The occasionals is once to twice every 6 months.

Im firmly in the hate it, pointless, superceded by latest content camp.