Main Menu

TSS patch message

Started by Sardarni, September 19, 2006, 11:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

With iksar penalties being removed I am definetely considering rerolling my Beastlord to an Iksar for the increased AC and HP regen.  Getting from 1 to 65 wont take too long with a level 58 Druid to powerlevel me.  The only negative is most of my gear has required levels on it but thats only a minor drawback.  Also i would lose about 70 AA but then with AA experience increaseing at a faster rate i could just ping them out like crazy at level 51, 55, 59 and then 65.  Hmm a very interesting idea.

Skanda

Quote from: Gunzak on September 19, 2006, 09:29:19 PM
Also i would lose about 70 AA but then with AA experience increaseing at a faster rate i could just ping them out like crazy at level 51, 55, 59 and then 65.  Hmm a very interesting idea.

Racial penalities never effected AA exp.

Nusa

Abandoning all the work put into your current toon represents far more experience lost than the 20% penalty iksars used to have...and the whole downtime thing further diminishes the value of regen. But if that's what you want to do, go for it.

Vidyne

Hmm LDoN points might be useful, as another poster mentioned.

I wouldn't reroll just for a few extras..

and btw...

dkf.eqg is a huge file :)  My patcher has been on it for the last .. oh.... 10minutes.. and i'm on cable.
Wonder what kind of download speed i'm getting off their servers right now..     they gotta be swamped with digital download only ....  still don't see why no CD was released.

Gunzak

Yeah I know racial penalties never affected AA but supposably AA experience will go faster for people who are lower level.  As for the downtime when I solo I rarely stop for 30 seconds to go into rest mode.  I go to a spot with constant killing and only rest when completely out of mana I never stop from low hp as I just chug a hp potion from bazaar that gives 600hp per tick.  As for all the work it wasn't a huge amount of time as i have only been on FV for about 6 months.  I started over again from Stromm where my beastlord was 70 with 344aa.

The only negative I see is the loss of pop flags.  I have hedge, PoD, PoI, PoJ, PoS, PoV and Agnarr.  Luckily you can buy the alt access keys and the medallions in the bazaar for PoI (tactics), PoV (HoH) and PoS (BoT).  PoV has already become a joke for my duo and i expect BoT to be once my Druid hits 62.  As for PoP my uild is movin on to GoD so we no loner do PoP raids so the flags aren't needed.

kayisiss

Quote from: Skanda on September 19, 2006, 09:41:49 PM
Quote from: Gunzak on September 19, 2006, 09:29:19 PM
Also i would lose about 70 AA but then with AA experience increaseing at a faster rate i could just ping them out like crazy at level 51, 55, 59 and then 65.  Hmm a very interesting idea.

Racial penalities never effected AA exp.
Correct but with the new aa system in place I have a funny feeling that bsts will be able to get aa faster solo at those lvls then at say 70+

That is based off from what I know about the new aa system.  The higher the lvl mob compared to your own lvl the more aa xp you get for killing the mob.  Ex. killing a green mob you get way less xp then if you kill a "dark" blue mob or higher.

One quick ? too I heard talk about being able to get AA at lower lvl now too like below 51 but is that just a possibility in the future or is that acctually implemented in TSS?

Vidyne

no longer patching.. but servers still locked at this moment.

*edit*
Character select screen on erollisi.
My beastlord is naked holding his weapons....

GFX bug?  :)

Gunzak

Well if AAs go faster at lower levels I figure I could just ping out AAs at 51 in a hot zone or in Velks or CS.  At 55 I could duo PoV or PoS.  At 59 I could do Veksar or stay in PoV and at 65 I could duo in BoT, Veksar or NC.  Whatever i decide I will level my Druid up first so that he can cast Protection of the Nine and all his regen and ds buffs.  With ds pots and Druid ds i expect it would be around 70pts which would be awesome for leveling up.  Grab several mobs, do 1pt, let em die from my ds and then cast a 3k heal from my Druid.

A great spot for the ds kill trick would be the rats and bats in the solo Nedaria task.  Have my beast grab task then add my Druid.  Level will be based on my Beastlord so mobs will all be Dark Blue and wont hit hard so with a ds and 3k heal from my Druid i could potentially stay in this zone all the way from 20 to 51.  Since nothing is social there would be zero risk of adds and if there was a problem I could just exodus or port out.

Just checked eqtraders and Distillate of Skinspikes VI is 35pts so with Shield of Bracken from my Druid it would be a 75pt damage shield.  On FV they typically go for 6-8pp each and last for 16min.  So for about 800pp I would have 27 hours of damage shield potions.  I would also add tribute regen, mana regen, haste, hp, and attack.

Skanda

Quote from: Gunzak on September 19, 2006, 10:03:57 PM
Yeah I know racial penalties never affected AA

My bad, I thought you were still refering to the penality instead of the new AA system.

Jaeren

Quote from: Vidyne on September 19, 2006, 10:37:21 PM
no longer patching.. but servers still locked at this moment.

*edit*
Character select screen on erollisi.
My beastlord is naked holding his weapons....

GFX bug?  :)

No, I stole your gear. Thanks for the donation  :mrgreen:

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

hakaaba

More fun is the bug that invis didnt fade on doing stuff like casting :p

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

On beta late lastnight I could re-cast invis without invis fading.  Even re-invis others while keeping my invis.  The functionality of it even if just for "invis" was sooooooooooo nice.  Don't care about anything else, but being able to invis from invis was $$$.  hehe