Main Menu

Ssra Shard?

Started by Shadowpaw, January 09, 2004, 08:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowpaw

Is the Ssra shard soloable by a 65 beastlord?  I have all 9 of the other shards.  I'm really pumped about drawing this annoying quest to a close.  I've got my scepter, my orb, and getting the emp key won't be too much of a problem.  I'd prefer to solo the Ssra shard if possible, as I don't really want to spend the time recruiting yet another group of not-so-enthused people.

Any thoughts or advice?
Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

Kashmiir Battlekat

Getting your Ssra Shard solo as a 65 Beastlord would be very very difficult if not impossible. The spawns are too quick and getting a solo pull almost non-existant.

You will need 3 to do this piece (at minimum I would think)

Mallahki

Soloing the Ssra shard would be very difficult.  It may be possible for a very well geared and high AA bst to farm it as long as KEI held out.  As my experience has gone, I have had best luck getting them offa the drudge skellies.  These are not really found near the entrance to the cave.  You would have to go in a lil wasy to get them.  You would hafta be able to deal with multiple mobs at a time, and they run.  So snare proc, and/or nukin em down right before they run is a must (prolly both).  Your best bet would be to get a couple of friends (a bard and druid would help tremendously) to help you.

*edited to add* When I did my shard a long time ago, Me, a bard, and a shaman got some IVU potions and ran back to the very back of the cave.  You can find some points where if you drop invis, you will only get 1 or 2 attacking you and can then start to kill and work your way out.  Rooting the mob or snaring the mobs are a must.

Troglodyte

Could 2 moderatley well equipped level 65 Beastlords suo this camp?

If so, you and i can give it a shot  Shadowpaw.
Troglodyte Terrorsaur
Feral Lord of Thule
Harlequin Smile-Terris Thule

Felidae

The pops in the mines are RELENTLESS and the aggro range pretty large.  No question a couple of 65s could handle a skellie, I've off tanked singles entirely on my own, but I doubt that you could consistantly, for the number of mobs needed, keep the number of mobs in your camp down to one or two. At some point you'd slip up and get  owned.  It's an ugly corpse run to get back there naked.  

Get a couple groups with AE nukers and just hose the place down for a couple hours - you get a few shards.

Just a question, no offence ment, the shard is for VT access.  Getting to VT and VT iself is about raid encounters.  Why the need to solo the shard, since so much else in this track is about raids?

Troglodyte

Basically you solo for your shards in downtime ( between raids, when you have some spare time etc ).

Most shards at the very most require a sngle group or half group. Getting the shards in advance of taking  a shot at the Emp in ssra ( SSra has like 5-6 guilds farming it on Terris currently, even though some are in or passed VT ) is an edge in itself.
Troglodyte Terrorsaur
Feral Lord of Thule
Harlequin Smile-Terris Thule

Kazlak

I was determined to do this solo too but it didn't work out for a couple reasons. First off, the skele's you need don't spawn at the entrance so you either have to work your way in or invis in. I tried working my way in, but you really need some med time after you solo 3 skele's at once.  :P  So I really could never get very far in because of respawn time/med time. Your other option of invising in, there's a spot I found where you can engage and kill 1 without adds, then work out from there which will defintely be adds. You defintely need to dispell everything a couple times because most of them are sow'd, and even if you get that off they can still be a pain when they run.

Needless to say, I ended up doing it solo on my nec, who has snare and crowd control (mez, root). Even he had some trouble at times, but once you learn what aggro's and where/how to pull with root it works alright. So I'd say your best bet is prolly duo it with someone that can snare and do some ghetto cc.
Kazlak
Tholuxe Paells