Main Menu

VT shards - The Deep

Started by Beestyall, January 20, 2004, 10:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beestyall

I'm looking for a map of The Deep, including the invisible bridge.  I've Goggled it, but nothing as the eq-toolbox seems to show the fake bridge and not the hidden one.

I remember a color map I saw many moons ago that actually had the path of the fake bridge, but I can't seem to find it to save my skin.  Any help? ;)

Hereki

The LoY map from eqtoolbox shows the real bridge, I have used the map to cross it several times.

jakethecake

...but dont make the same mistake I did and assume that the ethereal looking bridge is the bridge and you can see it because you have 'Plainsight'  :oops:

I mean, someone had to discover the invisible bridge somehow, i was aproximately at the spot where the LoY map said the bridge was (note aprox...i didnt check exactly...) I assumed it was discovered by some one similarly equipped with See Invis..I assumed it WAS the bridge....

Went something along the lines of
you say "That the invisble bridge then?"
group member (also never been here before) "Yup"
you say "Doesnt look very invisible to me"

you have recieved 20000 points of damage

LOADING, Please wait.........

Not been back since :) Does levitate work? Can you levitate down and climb up? Possibly run through zone with lev...sit at bottom waiting for the train and camp to lose agro?

Anyway think next time I'll watch what other group memebers do first and follow them :)
Tukru

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes......

Salebi

You can't lev in The Deep, then what fun would the invis bridge be?

Mindlet

You can however jump down without dying. To the left of the fake bridge is a poking up rock pillar. If you jump at that pillar you can fall down it without taking too much damage. Then you can run across the bottom and up the other side.

Hereki

Yes, you can slide down the rock pillar to the left of the bridge.  Or you can use the LoY map zoomed in to cross the real bridge.  Once at the far side, go to the north end.  You will see a ledge below, and you can scramble down to the bottom using that (and, more importantly, get back up).

Soriab

TheOriginalGronker

Let me just add that I got my shard from the Echo-caverns side of the bridge and helped two others get it from there (last one from a baby thought horror) so you dont even need to bother with the invis bridge.  This is from clearing from the zone to the bridge area mainly for something-to-do once, on two separate occasions.  And this is since the revamp.

Rixis

Another trick is if you've accidently fallen, /q right before you hit the ground.  Also works for The Ruins of Paineel :)

tkyn

Best place to get shards is across bridge head to the right, then kill the adult thoughthorrors. They drop a lot more frequently there in my experience.
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

malkor wolfestorm

I have gone there a few times helping guildies.  Had mine drop on the safe side of the bridge then the next time was given a great hint for crossing the bridge.  

After you kill the horrors around the bridge look to your right on the wall.  There is a lone mushroom there.   Make sure you fight him as close to the pit as you can.  First time I did it I was to close to the tunnel and he fleed the wrong way ( back to the tunnel ).

If you do it right and have him as close to the ledge as possible once he starts to flee he will run right over the invis bridge , keep in mind you need a map to have the general area of the bridge beginning.   Also remember to make sure that everyone knows to shut off attack.

Artan Stovokor

If you have a lot of people that need to get accross, have someone who has the real bridge on his map drop fish grubs all over it so there is a trail for the rest to follow.  Just don't use foraged food or the Ogre in your party will eat the trail.  We had 35 people cross this way quickly with no one falling this past weekend.   :)

Gremkin

We used to snare/fear the shroom just at the Echo side of the bridge and merrily follow him across.  8)
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

Dakat

Bring a cleric or Paladin friend with you on your quest for the shard. When you get to the invisible bridge, everyone except the cleric or paladin jumps off.  All will die unless their safefall is 200.  Have the cleric or paladin mem Divine Aura. Let the cast it and jump off the ledge. The Aura will survive the trip down and the cleric or paladin will live. When they get down, have them res everyone else.

Bring some food with ya.  Find the bridge, stay directly in the center of the passage between the pillar things. Take a step or 2 and drop a piece of bread on the bridge. You can make a path all the way across.  Others that follow will be able to follow the crumbs, hehe