Main Menu

New up-to-date AA chart

Started by nedoirah, January 28, 2012, 06:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedoirah

Free? What do you mean? Are they going to autogrant everything up to HoT or do you mean the free to play thing? If you mean the free to play bit then what is the status on the autogrant aa bit they were talking about a few months back?

I can go back and color code highlight the last 2 or 3 expansions without much work. However it will likely be at least this weekend before I can work on it.

Back to referencing a previous post, is there any need/want/desire for a special AA list like veteran rewards or glyphs? If so I need current lists and costs. Magelo can provide me with them but I prefer live player listings since they would likely be more accurate.

Nusa

Quote from: nedoirah on February 10, 2012, 12:23:09 AM
Free? What do you mean? Are they going to autogrant everything up to HoT or do you mean the free to play thing? If you mean the free to play bit then what is the status on the autogrant aa bit they were talking about a few months back?

I can go back and color code highlight the last 2 or 3 expansions without much work. However it will likely be at least this weekend before I can work on it.

Back to referencing a previous post, is there any need/want/desire for a special AA list like veteran rewards or glyphs? If so I need current lists and costs. Magelo can provide me with them but I prefer live player listings since they would likely be more accurate.

I meant the free-to-play thing, which means every account will have access to all expansions up to and including HoT, regardless of what they have or haven't bought in the past. The only sort-of auto-granted AA to date is the Origin ability. Sort-of because you still have to buy it (for 0 AA) before it'll work.

Personally, I'd say the stuff on the Special Tab doesn't really need to be on this chart. Anyone making serious use of glyphs should be way past any need for charts. And the rest are a result of progression of some kind or other, not anything a chart would help with.

nedoirah

Ok I've looked over Nusa's lists and made several corrections to my chart. There was a serious omission in the chart and it has been corrected. Mental Stamina has found its way back into the chart. Unless there have been serious point issues during beta in regards to previous expansions (HoT and prior), I've only looked at point costs for VoA to make corrections. If anyone spots a problem please let me know.

I'll either load the updated chart to the site tonight or tomorrow.

Coding the chart in a way to identify the most recent expansions is something I'm still looking at but haven't decided to do since it will require a lot of time. Most likely, if I do this, it will only be the last 3 expansions.

I've added a count of abilities to the chart and I'm thinking about adding another column to count the ranks. That isn't a definite yet. It would be easy to do just time consuming almost as bad as color-coding for expansions.

I've looked into the Alt Activate #s and still don't have them for:
1. Bloodlust
2. Cheetah's Pounce
3. Protection of the Warder

nedoirah

The color-coding system wasn't as hard as I thought. The list Nusa provided was actually easier to clean up for easier reading than I thought. I moved it over to my excel file then I split them into worksheets by expansion. After that it was actually fairly easy to color-code the chart. It just took a couple hours. I did color-code by each expansion not just the last 3 like I originally planned on. What I couldn't decide on was the legend for the color-coding system. I just went ahead and listed each expansion highlighted in the color for the expansion.

The last thing I guess I need to do is to review each expansion aa cost from SoL to HoT to ensure the costs in the chart are accurate.

nedoirah

Update:
I did some searching and found the Alt Activate #s for Bloodlust, Cheetah's Pounce, and Protection of the Warder.

1. Bloodlust: 241
2. Cheetah's Pounce: 240
3. Protection of the Warder: 8302

They've been added to the chart and will get posted to the site shortly. I'm also going to add a page with just alt activate #s for those who just want those. That will be done in alphabetical order. It won't be color-coded because if you have it then you'll know it, but if not then there's no reason to look for it.

Is everyone able to understand the color-coding system? If there's any difficulty with it please let me know and if you can offer a suggestion for a fix.

Additional Update:
Everything is loaded on the site.

nedoirah

Does anyone know if they are going to do a second release of VoA AA? I've heard rumours that they are planning a second release of content for VoA soon but I don't know what the status of that is or if they plan on including new AA or removing restrictions on current class AA.

Have they updated any AA costs with the recent patch?

nedoirah

With the addition of free-to-play, I've poked my head in to see what's going on. The game environment hasn't changed any that I can see. I don't have VoA on any of my accounts so I can't roam around in there. The new station launcher is nice, allowing me to switch between accounts without having to retype the account name or passwords. The new hints after character select is a nice touch for new or returning players but likely annoying for long time players.

Down to business, I'm going to be doing a review of the AA when I get settled in and find enough time to look around. Between Mazame and Nusa's work, I shouldn't have much to do. The primary thing I'm looking for is AA costs. When I logged in for the first time, I had a refund of 28 AA points. 12 7 for Origin and 18(?) for Hastened Origin. That doesn't add up nor does my AA count. When I logged out the last time before I quit, I had 3052 AA with 3055 assigned. Or something like that. I had bought an ability at 2 points then they upped it to 5. I think it was Weapon Affinity. Now I have 3052 with 3056 assigned. I may have to review an older AA chart to see the costs for Hastened Origin as well as some others because something has changed and I'm not sure what.

Mazame

if you got the glyps from lon and used them they will added to the assigned count but not the AA count so you can have more assigned then you have AA I had this problem untill i maxed out aa and got to the point I wasjust farming aa

nedoirah

I've never used glyphs. I believe something was repriced again. However you confirmed what I had a feeling would happen if I bought glyphs. Thanks

Nusa

Orgin had its price was changed from 7 to 0, changing the differential between the two numbers for those who owned it.

Dev explained this one back in January, although I'm not going to hunt up the post. Basically, Hastened Origin was refunded because it went away entirely. Origin was NOT refunded because it still exists...you still have what you paid for.

Fine line, but those are the facts.

nedoirah

I'm wondering why they keep changing my AA count. Last week it was 3052 spent with 3056 assigned now this week it's showing 3056 spent with 3052 assigned. My warrior is having the same issues. She is 82 with 812 AA spent and 807 assigned. (I think) I haven't checked on my shm yet. WTF are they doing? I can't keep an updated chart if I think they are constantly adjusting the costs like this.

Now I'm begining to remember why I quit in the first place...

nedoirah

Update:

I've noticed a couple mistakes on my web posted AA chart. I've fixed them. Some how I managed to upload an older chart or neglected to upload the updated chart with the Alt Activate #s for 2 of our abilities. Minor issue I know but I strive to provide the community with the most complete charts I can. When I have time to do so...

Khauruk

Much appreciated, Nedoirah :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

Update

Another minor review revealed another omission. This time it was on the Alt Activate chart. I added the Alt Activate # for Pet Discipline.

Are they going to announce the new expansion at the con this year? This time I won't be applying for Beta but any AA data will be much appreciated. Don't violate the NDA to get it to me though.

nedoirah

Update:

How they accpeted me into Beta is beyond me but I got an acceptance letter this weekend. I've been hard at work updating the charts for the new ranks and abilities. I've completed work on a RoF Beta chart however I will NOT release the chart until the expansion is live. Sorry guys but NDA prohibits me from leaking Beta info.

I'll do a /testcopy once the expansion is live and check my values and then publish the chart.