Main Menu

Flags and GM's

Started by RabidMonkey, June 22, 2004, 05:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidMonkey

Last night was killing saryn with guild and went LD, then could not log back in cuz login  servers were down to get flag...now is this thier responsibility and i should be re inbursed? im thikn so as thier article says that they won't flag people who go LD cuz it's thier fault, but if i can'yt log back in it's thiers! I petitioned and threatened to cancel my account...i thne got the response of im sorry but I cannot help you...no reason no nothing, so i have canceled my account and will give them till sub run out to give it to me ;p

They are the ones that set this flag system up and now not having that flag has put me behind where the guild is upto, im with a casual raiding guild and this was part of backflagging, this will put me behind for a long time...not to mention if i have to keep xping in BoT im gonna go INSANE!!!
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal

Toln

I don't think GMs are allowed to actually award flags to people.

They are allowed to move NPCs, for instance the Planar Projection, if it gets stuck in geometry or something like that and can't be hailed.

Otuol

Well they do a lot of things people don't like.  I was in lower guk the other night and got stuck  between the floor and ladder getting down from the 2 mobs going to the supplier.  I tried to /rewind and it said I could not use that command at the time, go figure  :roll:. Well, I've never really had to /report anyhing since I started playing the game years ago and with this infrequency never thought to do that.  I started typing a petition, came unstuck somehow, and fell to my death for 20,000 damage.  Long story short they wouldn't give me the customer service rez and this really pissed me off.  For one thing, there isnt a single place in lower gul where you can fall to your death for 20k and secondly, how in the hell does a level 65 beastlord die in lower guk?  It's not like I was pulling the whole dungeon.  Anyhow, they didn't give it to me even though it's a menial thing for them to do with such an old revenue creating account.  Just goes to show you, technology companies have a long way to go in learning customer service.

Tastian

Sorry rabid, but I don't think there's any chance of you getting the flag.  Petitioning mentioning cancelling your account doesn't help either.  I know how frustrating it can be.  Here's a little story...

Bunch of people get together and head to torment, do KoS, go to saryn, kill saryn.  PP spawns in wall.  Can get target with some work, but can't hail for flag.  Oh look a guide is on!!  Guide SHOWS UP!! sees everone there, see's PP in wall, sees that it is un-hailable.  Goes "well I can't move it out I'm sorry".  Does this get escalated to a GM?  Does everyone get their flag?  Does anything come out of this other than high blood pressure and wasted time?  Fug no lol.  

I've died a bunch of times that were sever related.  I've lost items that are literally impossible to replace.  It's unfortunate, but it just happens sometimes.  Don't cancel your account though man, saryn will die many more times and you'll get the flag.  8)

Zikkar

hope ya had a fun EQ run then because they not goin to give you that flag. As was said above they are not allowed to give out flags at all. One of those wierd GM rules, wouldnt matter if the server crashed they still wouldnt.
Zikkar
Firiona Vie
Feral Lord of Infernal Destiny

Ashriem

I have to agree with the above posters.  About 2 months ago my guild killed AD,...the PP popped just fine but despawned prematurely...no one hailed etc.  Well the portion of the raid that need the flag petitioned and none of us ever got a response even after a weeks worth of petitions.  It sucks, but the GMs just don't do much when it comes to flags.  =(

Mindlet

I still can't understand why they did the stupid flag system like this in the first place. How hard would it have been to have made it so that as soon as the mob dies everyone in the raid gets a flag. Not hard at all but no they have to make some stupid harder method.

Yzak

It's not so much that they can't do much, its that they aren't allowed.  I agree that threatening them with your subscription is a poor way to go out.

It sucks, I know, my old guilds first sol ro kill we didn't get that many flagged due to an issue with the PP.  Alot of people were upset but that is just how it goes.  

I also recall our first shot at emp, we were camping blood for about 3 hours and the server crashed.  Then we camped him another 8 hours. Didn't spawn, we ae'd out in the wee hours in the morning just to have him spawn 30 minutes after.

As disapointing as it might be now, it only makes your sol ro/elemental entry that much more enjoyable when you get it.
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

RabidMonkey

I actually had to cancel it anyhow for other reasons for a bit so just added for axtra measure...i mean when in a business if someone is threatingin to leave your service then i would think it becomes more of a priority to meet thier "customers" needs. So it aint really like im throwing a hissy fit lol, just timing that i could do it, hopeing he'll take the time ta have a look too se if i actually did.
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal

The Kittenpeeler

Otuol,

No kidding? I thought those 20k falls were an admitted bug that they ALWAYS reimbursed...

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Zikkar

20K fall you have to do a report of the damage or you get nothing.
Zikkar
Firiona Vie
Feral Lord of Infernal Destiny

Ooklak

Yeah, scroll back up to where you see the 20k damage, then do /report (yourname) then they'll GM rez yah, but not otherwise

RabidMonkey

Not gettin the flag...BASTIGES!!!
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal