Main Menu

Know what I'd like to see?

Started by Dasquid, June 26, 2004, 04:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasquid

This was something I was thinking about a few days ago. I'm sure people will respond with lots of reasons why it shouldnt ever happen, but what the hell; here it is.

I thought it would be sweet if it was possible for a solvent to be bought at the wayfarer camp that could remove the No Drop tag from an item. Of course there would have to be limitations on it (say an item can only have No Drop removed once, and once it gets requipped it becomes No Drop again and the solvent cant be used for that item again) They could charge alot of money for the solvent (like 10kpp) and I'm sure people would still jump at the chance to do it.

This idea kinda popped into my head because I have browsed the FV baz where virtually everything is droppable; and have also looked at my retired warrior's inventory and thought "damn, I'd love to give that to my BL. Items like Mantle of ferociousness, Bile Etched Obsidan Choker, Rotting Fist, all things on a toon I dont play anymore, yet would be great for my BL. I dont have time to play 4-6 or more hours a night like I used to, so actually getting them (aside from possibly the Mantle in Ferubi) isnt gonna happen.

Also having been in a raiding guild with my war, I have seen many many items rot, simply because no one present could use them.

I know it wont happen, but still, something I would love to see.

Chackra

I know this will sound weird, but there are some people who would actually rather play the game.  I'm sick of farming crap for money and having my character (the one I am playing) unable to actually get for himself anything that's better than what he bought 15 levels ago.

Remember when we all used to think twinking was an abomination?  There was a reason for that.  There is no such thing as "Everquest", it's either "Everraid" or "Evertwink", but there is no adventuring and no roleplaying; it's just not part of the game.

JillieMT

I don't really care for the idea.

FV is nice, and it's cool of them to have a seperate server with that seperate rule set. If you like that style of play you can play there, and if not, you can play on a normal server.

That being said, I never really liked the idea of NO-DROP, except for VERY rare items. I love the Recommended Level system though.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Lorathir

Worst thing about FV is that damned TLC. Just for fun, I tried to do the Qeynos necklace quest the other day, and the first person I had to kill TLC'ed on me. I'm debating whether or not to hire low levels to help me, or really if I can be arsed or not. What a tiresome rule. WTF has that got to do with rp? Well, I guess you could say I'd be rp'ing a guy hiring assasins... :P

As for getting the no drop tag removed from some items - well, last time I looked, Savage Platinum Fists were around 300k, the 17/19 LDoN h2h which name escapes me goes for 150k ish. You don't wanna know how much some of the TIME stuff goes for, ditto the 40hp/mana augs and the Dumuls. It's great to have such sweet items tradeable, but I can't imagine farming 300k+ pp. Removing no drop from items will just make people farm more and it detracts from the game.

Khathor

I think if you are in a raid the TLC wont kick in.

Meemae

Form  a raid invite one other person into it and you can do any quest in FV with out worrying about TLC.  Raid turns the TLC off not sure why or how but it does,  Even 2 lvl 65's in a raid can kill and loot TLC stuff off of lvl 1 mobs if they wish.

Kashmiir Battlekat

I would love to see NO DROP items tradeable in your Shared Bank Slot so you can pass down them unneeded items to your gimp on the same account.

-- just my 2 cents...

Taiglin

That is a neat idea Kash. Wonder if they would ever implement it as they have/are/thinking about implementing things they said they would never do years ago.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Gnarloth

As convenient as it would be, I doubt they would go for allowing you to trade your no drop items in the shared slot. It has some pretty huge implications. As an example - what's to stop you getting a twink his/her epic with a much higher level character then just putting it in the shared slot? (I know the quest itself might not allow for it due to class restrictions, but this is just a "what if"). This would also mean you only need one character on your account with tradeskills and you can then have 8 Coldain Prayer Shawls....

As I said, it's a nice idea, but I don't think it would work. No Drop is No Drop. It's a reason to level your characters... you want the item, you have to work for it.

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

Zatd

Only things I'd give my right arm to see ...

1) Rez potion (NPC bought)
2) Summon corpse potion (NPC Bought)

I'm tired of having to put the stop on my adventurous streaks becasue I'm tired of having to grind another 2 hours to get back all the exp I lose from a single death.

Plus - great money sink.

Flame away.