Main Menu

Top 10 list, May '08

Started by Khauruk, April 29, 2008, 02:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grbage

I agree with Khauruk about our dps gains but don't think they linked the spells to rein us in for the simple reason all the classes got whacked with a nerf bat. Think it does have more to do with the next expansions since spells/aa's for it showed up right after the linking. I lean more to them doing it now so all the squawking is done and we are used to it before the new expansion comes out.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Jazzera

You see this is exactly what I miss now about the class. We started out as a utility class that could dps too which I loved to play. Now we are just another dps class with a little utility, not so much fun for me.

i would like to know which utility do u think we are missing? > paragon : with focused paragon it never been more usefull
                                                                                   > debuff : Roar of thunder debuff part is as good as Ench cripple lvl76 with 4bst in raid we even can keep it up permanently, and Gelid Claw is priceless if u have it
                                                                                   > offtank : even if we have the worst AC return of all melee class could use few upgrade here, we are still able to offtank trash in raid, and we are doing not so bad in grp content,
                                                                                   > slow : we are still the 3rd slowing class, we have no prob at all to slow in any SoF content
                                                                                   > backheal : we are a good support to help, with AAs and focus we crit up to 7k max,
                                                                                   > buffs : prob the only point where we really loss utility, fero useless and no upgrade for sta/agi/dex/str/regenhp buffs

the only utility we are really missing is ferocity and we all know last CCs all worked hard to get it back, and we are still asking for it each time we can

I dont think we need more utility, I dont even think we never had more utility than nowaday (except for fero) while dps upgrade is a part of the game mechanic : new expansion> stronger mobs> better dps.

Jebasiz

Quote from: Icekracker on May 02, 2008, 03:08:34 AM
Did they have any reasons why they got linked in the first place?

Also, thank you to whoever fixed my account. :)

He had his reason.  I really can only talk to devs while i'm raiding most of the time(I'm east coast, they're west)..so I don't always have time to try toget reasons/explanations.  He didn't seem to hesitate at all when I asked..so there's really no reason to try to pry an explanation out of him on this, imo.  Time/effort is just better spent elsewhere.

The stacking of you alignment and wurine is something I brought up.  I'm not sure how to get around that since they are both illusions..other then suggesting a split of the buff and illusion like necromancer lich spells do now.  I think that's probably a discussion/topic that a beastlord should have with devs, not a necro..so I dropped it before making any suggestions.  I'm not sure they're willing to just strip the alignment illusion either..but that could be another possible solution as well.  If there's uniform support for that..I'll suggest it on your behalf.  Let me know.

Icekracker

Unfortunately, you're right. Guess we just have to move on from the linking and find other means to make up for it.

I believe most of us would like to have the buff split up into 2 parts. This would allow us to keep the benefits and use other illusions and Beastial Alignment as needed.

However,the issue of reshrinking would still be present. Even if the buff were split, every recast would still return us to normal size. Other than removing the illusion completely or extending the buff, I don't see any solution to this, unless they can code it so we don't have to reshrink.
Icekracker - 80 Beastlord of Bertoxxulous

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1378435

Inphared

There are several fixes that can be made to the Wurine / Bestial Alignment issue.

1) Turn Wurine into a necro form buff. Two parts, one clickable.

2) Change the illusion slot on Wurine to slot three, like Rabid Bear or Pact of the Wolf.

3) Change the illusion slot on Bestial Alignment, to be like Pact of the Wolf.

Either of the three will serve a good purpose. I would personally like #1, since I don't like being a werewolf, but to each their own.

Jebasiz

Quote from: Icekracker on May 03, 2008, 03:17:32 AM
Unfortunately, you're right. Guess we just have to move on from the linking and find other means to make up for it.

I believe most of us would like to have the buff split up into 2 parts. This would allow us to keep the benefits and use other illusions and Beastial Alignment as needed.

However,the issue of reshrinking would still be present. Even if the buff were split, every recast would still return us to normal size. Other than removing the illusion completely or extending the buff, I don't see any solution to this, unless they can code it so we don't have to reshrink.

Re-shrinking shouldn't be necessary for wurine.  It wasn't for a friend the other day(clicking wurine off didn't remove shrink, recasting wurine didn't make him big).  He didn't use alignment though..so I'm not sure on that. 

Khauruk

Recast of Wurine *always* grows me right back up.  Muy irritating on raids.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Shieara

Always grows me back up too.  Very annoying.

Jebasiz

Hzath

I have the same problem as a vah shir.  You're welcome to roll a toon on maelin and i'll show you.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Inphared

Race doesn't matter. It works for any illusion, for any class, and any race. If you cast an illusion, you will be grown to the default size of that illusion. Recasting it while it hasn't faded results in the same effect.

And Jebasiz is already on Maelin  :-P

Hzath

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Obsessedwith

funny thing is when the buff is stripped (not sure if it does it if it fades or not since i only let it fade when i zone) you retain the shrinked size.

Smobon

1. Deaggro - We need either an upgrade to Roar of Thunder and to Hastened Roar of Thunder to get rid of aggro. There is something on allah's as a spell that is a 10k damage drain of sorts. Now, put that into an aggro spell or AA lower the damage so we don't rule. I think then we would have another good ALTERNATIVE to getting rid of aggro.

2. Incapaciate - Needs an upgrade for us. I would love to see this and use this spell once more. I really think it helped us before and we need that help again.

3. Shaman buffs - We need overcap stats added to are Focus spell. Even if it was overcap 10 on STR,STA,DEX, and AGI, I would use it more than I do.

4. Fero - I know this is low on my list, but I am afraid that this will be hard to fix and be useful again. If something can be done within good means, then please, fix it.

5. Fixed Invis - Are regular invis drops too much at times when we need to be invis. Give us a fixed invis that lasts at least 10 minutes.

6. Pet slow - Get rid of it and give back are casting slow or let are pet give us tells to inform us that 'The mob is partially slowed, master'. Then if the slow is resisted or the slow wears off, have the pet send tells in the form of, 'The mob has resisted slow', and 'The mob's slow is wearing off.'  If your pet can send you tells when you suspend it, it sure as heck should be able to do it for slows.

7. Tracking - I have always wanted to track mobs. Beastlords should be able to track. Just a crazy idea but, how about giving the ability to are 'pet' since they can probably 'track' easier than we can and have like, your pet tells you these mobs are nearby and comes up with a track list like the tracking classes.

8. Call of the Wild - Beastlords should get this from the shaman host of AAs. We should be able to call a person back. This AA would be helpful. Increase the reuse time from shaman or druid call and increase the AA cost and hey, you get a gimp beastlord who can bring a group back sooner and recover faster. That is, if the beastlord survives, hehe.

9. Healing - Are healing spell for us to use on ourselves needs to be upgraded just a bit more. Since the increase in HP in the gear, our heals are becoming more and more useless. Only time they are nice or decent is when they crit.

10. Pet Swarm AA - I am told that we are the only class without a Pet Swarm AA. I am not sure what timer is on the other classes, but just increase ours since we can also just cast a Pet Swarm spell.

I hope most of these ideas that have floated about are used or are at least put into the game with the next expansion. Most of this stuff needs to be looked at or we will be back in the same shape we were before.
SoF expansion helped us regain are footing, now we need to take some steps forward so we don't get lost again as a class.

Jebasiz

Quote from: Smobon on May 04, 2008, 04:30:34 AM
1. Deaggro - We need either an upgrade to Roar of Thunder and to Hastened Roar of Thunder to get rid of aggro. There is something on allah's as a spell that is a 10k damage drain of sorts. Now, put that into an aggro spell or AA lower the damage so we don't rule. I think then we would have another good ALTERNATIVE to getting rid of aggro.

2. Incapaciate - Needs an upgrade for us. I would love to see this and use this spell once more. I really think it helped us before and we need that help again.

3. Shaman buffs - We need overcap stats added to are Focus spell. Even if it was overcap 10 on STR,STA,DEX, and AGI, I would use it more than I do.

4. Fero - I know this is low on my list, but I am afraid that this will be hard to fix and be useful again. If something can be done within good means, then please, fix it.

5. Fixed Invis - Are regular invis drops too much at times when we need to be invis. Give us a fixed invis that lasts at least 10 minutes.

6. Pet slow - Get rid of it and give back are casting slow or let are pet give us tells to inform us that 'The mob is partially slowed, master'. Then if the slow is resisted or the slow wears off, have the pet send tells in the form of, 'The mob has resisted slow', and 'The mob's slow is wearing off.'  If your pet can send you tells when you suspend it, it sure as heck should be able to do it for slows.

7. Tracking - I have always wanted to track mobs. Beastlords should be able to track. Just a crazy idea but, how about giving the ability to are 'pet' since they can probably 'track' easier than we can and have like, your pet tells you these mobs are nearby and comes up with a track list like the tracking classes.

8. Call of the Wild - Beastlords should get this from the shaman host of AAs. We should be able to call a person back. This AA would be helpful. Increase the reuse time from shaman or druid call and increase the AA cost and hey, you get a gimp beastlord who can bring a group back sooner and recover faster. That is, if the beastlord survives, hehe.

9. Healing - Are healing spell for us to use on ourselves needs to be upgraded just a bit more. Since the increase in HP in the gear, our heals are becoming more and more useless. Only time they are nice or decent is when they crit.

10. Pet Swarm AA - I am told that we are the only class without a Pet Swarm AA. I am not sure what timer is on the other classes, but just increase ours since we can also just cast a Pet Swarm spell.

I hope most of these ideas that have floated about are used or are at least put into the game with the next expansion. Most of this stuff needs to be looked at or we will be back in the same shape we were before.
SoF expansion helped us regain are footing, now we need to take some steps forward so we don't get lost again as a class.

Pet swarm with HATM and a warder this is unlikely. 
Mages are the only class to get a permanent pet, swarm and rampaging servant..which is where that suggestion would put you.  If this happened it would probably come next expansion at a price of stagnating melee dps or other abilities.  That or it just wouldn't be significant enough to really be any good(see the necro fear spells we got more recently).

tracking..whoever brings that up is likely to get laughed out of the CL program.

Deagro, perhaps you could have someone more knowledgable bring up thunderous roar to nodyin and ask him to make the deagro better and refresh faster.

Healing..would take parsing and some math to show a clear need, before you'd get anymore then the standard X% upgrade to your healing spells.  I don't really know one way or another if it's needed, but if someone is willing to do the work..I'm willing to talk to people about it.

Rez - i'd be careful requesting this.  I can understand the desire, but nothing like that comes w/o a cost of paid for through other abilities stagnating.  A jack of all trades, master of none..often leaves you unemployed, or self employed.  I think paladin's are the only hybrid to get rez..It's likely to stay that way.

Fixed invis, cripple, slow revamp.. all seem viable.  I'm not sure about functionality(of code) of the pet telling you slow is off.  Maybe it could be done graphically with some ui changes or something.