Main Menu

The Mines of Nurga

Started by Zutix, January 03, 2004, 12:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zutix

Excellent zone to play in...good xp, cash, quest and loot drops to make things fun, and a side benefit of +Chardok faction if you're interested in doing the quests there.

I direct you to Diminimus' Concise Nurgalopedia (Not done by me, was linked to on the old EQBeastlord, and I found it of great use to me!)

/spank  :shock:

ShaitynAB

Nurga is an awesome zone.  Pretty nice experienc and nice vendor sellable loot to go along with it.  Lots of nameds that pop pretty frequently and xp giving mobs from 45-65.  What more could you want?

The link posted above is to the most comprehensive zone guide I have ever seen.  It even includes maps of the zone that you can pop into your eq directory and use in game with the map funtion.  This map shows the spawn point of every mob/normal and named/ including wanderers.

Great, great zone.

-Shai
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords

Tooflus Wunder

I have been spending a lot of time there myself lately.  I started really going there at lvl 55 with some guildmates and have really enjoyed this zone.  The quests given out by the freed slaves are great.  There is a great ring (Ring of Seranades), Cloak (forget name), Neck (I forget name but has Vengence 1 with ok stats).  The other great thing is the items dropped by some of the named mobs.  The 2 that I have seen and are BST useable are the Lesser Knuckles of Serenity and the Opulent Earring of Ken (you can see stats in my magelo).  

I love this zone.  I am really glad they changed one of my favorite kunark dungeons over to accomidate higher lvls and made it entirely more useful to everyone.  I suggest this zone as well.

Nuknuk

Quote from: ZutixExcellent zone to play in...good xp, cash, quest and loot drops to make things fun, and a side benefit of +Chardok faction if you're interested in doing the quests there.

I direct you to Diminimus' Concise Nurgalopedia (Not done by me, was linked to on the old EQBeastlord, and I found it of great use to me!)

/spank  :shock:

My question on this guide is, if all the slaves are freed, can you still quest the items from the turn-ins?

Nuk
Nuknuk    - 56 Troll Beastlord (Brell)
Ginasye    - 58 Woodelf Rogue (Brell)
Binkkie    - 50 Hafling Druid (Brell)
Tuvenea    - 30 Dwarf Cleric (Brell)

Hereki

Yes.

Be aware that the drops from the nameds may drop every time, but the rare drops from the normal goblins are very, very rare.  Over about 10 AAs, I have 12-15 of these drops.

Nuknuk

Quote from: HerekiYes.

Be aware that the drops from the nameds may drop every time, but the rare drops from the normal goblins are very, very rare.  Over about 10 AAs, I have 12-15 of these drops.

Thanks for the follow up, that is a bonus IMO.

Nuk
Nuknuk    - 56 Troll Beastlord (Brell)
Ginasye    - 58 Woodelf Rogue (Brell)
Binkkie    - 50 Hafling Druid (Brell)
Tuvenea    - 30 Dwarf Cleric (Brell)

Serval

Can a 58 Beastlord solo in this zone?  I am so tired of PoJ.

Thanks,

Serval

Tooflus Wunder

Serval,

As a lvl 58 BST with pretty avg. gear I am able to solo pretty well here.  If pulling with lethargy you should be able to pull singles almost every time unless it is one of the nameds.  Following the Nurgalopedia if you are in the Joepla area I know from practice that it is hard to pull him single as he spawns so close to the others in the room.  The only problem I have been noticing as of late is that runners can cause for some pretty fun fights.  Also to point out like the write-up suggests is that there are no see invis mobs in this dungeon and you can explore the whole place.

Good luck with the exploration and the zone.

Anonymous

Tooflus, thanks for the info.  It was very helpful and tomorrow I will try out the zone.  I am so tired of PoJ although it has been very good to me.  Just too many little groups competing for the same pulls and I don't understand the second part of the jail yet.

I will let you know how it goes.

Serval

Anonymous

Ack!  I am not a guest.  Just forgot to log in.  LOL.

Serval

Hereki

THere are five tiers of mobs in Nurga; the highest is dark blue at 65, and the lowest is all light blue at 52 - so you can guess that this should be awesome for 49-65.

Only the highest 2 tiers of mobs drop items for the quests, as far as I can work out.  Named mobs always drop one loot, but the rare drop may be very rare; it also isn't necessarily any better than the common drop.

I got the knuckles from Jeopla at 62; he's in the 4th tier.  At that level I could single pull anything in that tier, which was about 60% dark blue to me at the time, but a level 57 was getting multiples.  The knuckles took about 20-40 hours of camping to drop.

My advice for someone in Nuga for exp is to use the Nurgalopedia and download the maps.  There's a link in this thread already, and I posted one earlier in the general hunting section (when that was the only section).  Find whichever tier is mostly dark blue with some light blues, and kill there.  The tier below it will be all light blue, and the tier above all dark blue.  Don't kill in too high a tier if you are solo.

Tooflus Wunder

As Hereki posted there are multiple tiers and tier 3/4 is where you will be hunting at lvl 58.  If you download the maps on the Nurgalopedia site you will notice on the map where Joepla is.  When you look at the map anything past Joepla is going to be considered tier 4/5 and very very tough solo.  I wouldn't recommend going past Joepla.  In fact at 58 holding the Joepla spawn will be rather tough with the amount of spawns in the room before his room and the 2 roamers that travel through that room.  The total number of mobs numbers around 12 with 90% of them being casters of some sort.  Very tough to clear and be ready for respawn.

Chukklez

Just a note for those wishing to camp Joepla. His room can be single pulled at 58 (57 will bring you a nasty surprise or 6) unless either of the patrollers that roam outside his room is stationed in the way.

My wife and I both are level 58 beastlords and hold the entire blood thirsty rat room easily while also pulling 3 mobs and Joepla from the upper room. However Joepla and the BTR can be easily solo camped using just SR or better at 58+ if you are just looking for loot. Simply kill the patroller that spawns above Frost Caller Okaliz's (sp) room (there are two spawn points, the one closest to the rat room is the patroller). Next, kill the static on the right side at the bottom of the ramp - ALWAYS pulling to the middle of the ramp - they all run at 20% (by the boulder), the mob in the first tent on the right, then the rat. Run - carefully - across the room staying midway between the other spawns. Agro radius is low. Pull the first static to the right of the doorway at the top of the ramp to Joepla's room. If the patroller is up you will have to wait or you WILL get a double pull. Hug the left wall at the top of the ramp by Joe's room and peer into his room. You should be able to target and slow from there without pulling agro elsewhere. Pull him all the way back to the ramp where your pet is parked (can be tricky - have to stay in agro range but outside casting range to get him to move), kill, med, rinse, repeat. Got my LKoS on the third one I saw, but haven't seen any more in the 20+ times I have killed him since.

Note - you will see the green sparkly if he has the knucks. Also, if ANYBODY gets a Hardened Globe of Intellect from the BTR - bah, I deplore you. 60+ kills and no globe, although at 1.5k each the boots have made me a good chunk of cash.

Tooflus Wunder

Thanks Chukkelz for the info.  I haven't tried Joe since 57 so I didn't know if he could be solo pulled at 58.  I will have to go try this weekend.

On a side note I have camped the Joepla spawn for 4 days and all I got was this damn staff :D.  Oh and hate you Chukkelz :P

Hereki

I have had 4-5 hardened globes of the rat, but the boots usually rot.  Only one knuckles from Jeopla, and inumerable staffs.  I am doing well with Ken earrings atm.