Main Menu

The Mines of Nurga

Started by Zutix, January 03, 2004, 12:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaneater

Do you guys think it would be possible for a 47 Beastlord to survive in the lower tiers with a 65 cleric backup?
Beaneater Riptastinky - 54 Vah Shir Beastlord
Sycik Sykotic - 65 Dwarf Cleric

Hereki

Yes, easily.  A guild mate was a 47 beastlord with a 65 druid, and he had no problem at all with tier 1.  I would guess that a 46/47 beastlord could cope with tier 1 solo, possibly tier 2, and a 49 beastlord could handle tier 3.

Beaneater

Do you by any chance know how xp would be in Nurga for a 47Bst?  

I have been killing in CoM from 39 - 47 with my 65 cleric, and at 47 I still get 1 - 2% xp per kill.
Beaneater Riptastinky - 54 Vah Shir Beastlord
Sycik Sykotic - 65 Dwarf Cleric

Dakat

ZEM (zone experience modifier) for CoM is higher in CoM then Nurga. I suggest you stay in CoM till 45ish or more. At 48 mobs at entrance of CoM turn green.  At Nurga, you can pretty much get the same thing, with only a minor decrease in exp per mob.  The 2 zones, both have over 12% exp bonuses, with CoM being higher, if I remember correctly.  CoM however will not carry you to 65 if you were to stay in the zone until then. Whereas, Nurga has mobs that are still blue to a 65 person.

Mindlet

Actually since the revamp in CoM the mobs are of higher level. I didn't see anything LB or green in the new CoM at 49.

Dakat

Cool, even better for you then.  I forgot about the revamp  :lol:

Hereki

CoM ZEM is 85, Nurga/Droga ZEM is 89; this was on the last ShowEQ list I saw.  I wouldn't use the ZEM to pick between them :).

Sanon

Whats the min lvl to start soloing CoM with average equipment?  I'm 45 and was just browsing 8).

Zorish

Hello,

Quick question. When you zone into Nurga you have that long drop with the waterfall to your right. In the past you could swim up that waterfall and zone back out. Is that still the case?

Thanks

Hereki

Yes, but you will almost certainly have to shrink to do it.

Whiptail_Warclaw

I was in Nurga yesterday and shrunk myself twice and was able to swim back up the waterfall easily.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

The Kittenpeeler

tried it out today at 49. The entrance goblins go down real easy... Just a word of warning, though... Bring resists. Necros and wizards can ruin your day, and the shaman don't help!

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Hereki

To deal with casters, use your resists buffs or...

You need a stun proc on your warder.  Spirit of Wind and up all do this very well, just remember to dex buff your warder.  For real stun locking fun, drop a couple of gnoll hide lariats from the Bazaar on your warder.

In Nurga, it would be worth it.

The Kittenpeeler

Quote from: HerekiTo deal with casters, use your resists buffs or...

You need a stun proc on your warder.  Spirit of Wind and up all do this very well, just remember to dex buff your warder.  For real stun locking fun, drop a couple of gnoll hide lariats from the Bazaar on your warder.

In Nurga, it would be worth it.

Ahem...

Quote from: The Kittenpeelertried it out today at 49.

Spirit of Wind ain't 'xactly an option for me, yanno, and the resist buffs suck (well, my MR is pretty okay for a main character at 49, I think)... And if you've ever seen the prices for the GHL on Bertoxx... but that's not the problem... Hell, without the pet, I turn into a blender on casters... Immaculate Elven Dagger and Slargilugh Spear with my 22% haste... The problem happens when there's two more casters blasting the heck out of me...

I'm gonna give it a level or two, get some better resist gear, then come pwn this joint

Edit: Contrary to my personal beleifs, "the" is spelled "T H E", and not "H T E"... Lysdexics untie!

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Hereki

Yes, I know - just pointing it out.

Gnoll hide lariats don't drop all that frequently, but a trip to Paw inside would probably get you a few.  It would be worth it, I think, even if you are just hunting drops.