Main Menu

The Mines of Nurga

Started by Zutix, January 03, 2004, 12:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindlet

Does anyone have a link to the maps on that page. I tried to download them and failed. I would really like to get his updated maps.

Hereki

The maps download for me (just double checked).

Rougefox

I have been in Nurga since level 53 i think and more than likely could have started sooner had i known about it.  Started out in Stabber Remmy's room up the waterfall to the east of the zone in, with C3/Virtue i could pull the first 9 mobs on the way down before repops.  Stayed there until i think 56/57 when i was killing em faster and had too much downtime between 9th mob and respawn.  From there I moved to the BTR(blood thirsty rat) room killing 13 mobs before repops.  Tonight i just dinged 59 and saw my first LB in the third tier, so i intend to move up to the 4th tier(prolly Joepla's room) when I go back tomorrow.  so far i have yet to pull more than 1 unless i meant to.  As far as Chardok faction is concerned, i just maxed it halfway thru 58, but am still threatening to the Sarnak collective(non-chardok sarnaks).
Rougefox
61 Savage Lord
Officer of the Lords of Ale
Brell Serilis Server

Mindlet

I was trying to download the maps from the message that contained the guide. I didn't realise there was a link further down that had the maps. I got them now.

Hereki

Sarnak Collective faction can only be improved by doing the hand in quest inside Chardok; killing goblins doesn't boost it.

I found it more efficient (at 60+, was 61 or 62, don't remember exactly, when I started in Nurga) to kill in a tier where approx 1/3 of mobs were light blue.  The lower experience from the few light blues was more than compensated for by the rate of killing.  I check with a timer - kill for an hour in one place, then a different place, and see how much AA experience I get in each.

I remember that the Joepla area was optimal at 60-61, but that at 62 I used the rooms from the sleeping ogre to Thabsis, then at 63 had to move to the top tier.

Larku

I have been reading the guide and I can not recommend it strongly enough, but I still have a question or two.

1. I am currently able to hold Frost Caller Ollikaz's room. But mobs there is starting to get more LB then DB at lvl 56. I have tried to peak into the Blood Thirsty mine rats room at 55, but i had several adds when i was pulling trying to pull from there. So can any tell me at what lvl i should be able to single pull from there and any advise where to set up camp.

2. I often duo with a 56 shaman.  So far we have set up and camped the same rooms as I have been able to hold solo and then just pulled from hallways and other rooms to the prime room popped again. But at what tier or what room should we try to get a "safe" camp at.

Hereki

If you are ready to move up to tier 3, try going up the short waterfall at the entrance to Stabber Remy.  I have watched 57/58 mage pull it without adds, so you should be ok, and it has a reasonable set of mobs to pull.

The largest area, which would be most satisfying to camp with your shaman partner, would be the bloodthirsty rat.  Shaman slow should make multiple pulls bearable.

Kilern

I am 56 and can tell you that the teir 3 mobs up the waterfall by Stabber Remy will not single pull. If you get the right angle you can get one vs one but if you think you are hitting one in a crowd and the others arent coming then you need to think again. Maybe 57.

Solo teir 3 at 56 is also hard unless you have nice gear (I dont so its very hard for me solo tier 3), with your shaman friend you will have no problem.
Kilern Sechar
Level 56 Beastlord
Venril Sever

Zorthar

Thanks for this link, could someone post what tiers they hunted at what levels, at 49 there was some LBlue in Tier 1 so I am sure more a LBlue at 50. I am thinking tier 2 might be too hard at 50 but I will give it a try tommorow.

Hereki

I have been successful picking tiers where most mobs are dark blue, but with a few light blue.  An all dark blue tier is too hard; one with 2/3 light blue is too easy; 1/3 light blue, 2/3 dark blue is just right.  This is for the fastest overall experience.

Tier 4 is good at 62, but too slow at 63.

At 52/53, tier 1 is just too low, and tier 2 seems about right.

Tier 1: 49 - 51/52?
Tier 2: 52-54/55?
Tier 3: 56/57? - ?
Tier 4: ? - 62
Tier 5: 63-65

I'll check the zone and update this if I get any feedback.

Ckahn

Great info on this zone!

I am now going on approx. 24 hours of camping ol' Joe (insert long lines of cussing here) and still no Lesser knucles.  But this is a great place; I have dinged a level plus another half and 2 AA's.   Quick question, does anyone know if Joepla takes weekends off????? The only time I see him spawn is during the week.  

Ckahn

Zorthar

Thanks Hereki, I am gonna stay in Tier 1 til 51 for Spirit of Wind, and then go down to tier 2 to get some better exp, Tier 1 can be good at 50, but then you can get a spawn of almost full LBlue and it be crappy.  Though today going 0% in 50 to 74% in I went from (high?) dubious to Indifferent, almost to that decent ring which I can quest to make a nice 85hp one.  Thanks for the info again Hereki, I see me staying in this zone for a while if I can stand it :P.

The Kittenpeeler

Quote from: KilernI am 56 and can tell you that the teir 3 mobs up the waterfall by Stabber Remy will not single pull. If you get the right angle you can get one vs one but if you think you are hitting one in a crowd and the others arent coming then you need to think again. Maybe 57.

I was able to single pull from that lot at level 50. Stand as far as you can while still being able to see your target, and cast Sicken. Yes, sicken, level 15 dot. With it I was able to single pull everything I tried to in Nurga

Of course, at level 50, the critters at the Remmy camp aren't fun to fight at all...

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

swamprat

Just spent a few hours up the water fall camping the Stabber Remmy room and connecting hallways.

I was able to single pull at 56 using sicken, but once I broke the spawn I never had two mobs up at the same time. Cleared the three/four in Remmy's room, tne one mob at the dead end water fall, the two in the hallway and the hallway walker. Was able to keep the 8 (or 9) mobs clear with only self buffs. Once I conviced Croczilla that is was better that he, in stead of me, take the SK Death touches then it was for him to become my new belt, things moved right along.

Killed Remmy 4 times and dropped two gloves, two shawls. Nice camp at 56. If I would have had KEI I coulld have help 3 or 4 more spawns.
Swamprat and Croczilla
57 Beastlord on Xev, BBSCO
My Really Bad Gear

Rholin

I just dinged 58 and spent all of 57 in Acrylia Caverns.

I think I'll give Nurga tier 3 a try next time.

EDIT:  Just got back from my first camp at Nurga.  I take as many as I can until my 20 minute buffs wear off, then recast them and start pulling when I have 40% mana again.  After two 20 minute sessions, I got a little over a blue bubble of XP, so it's more for me than at Acrylia Caverns.  I'll have to confirm that.  I can usually take 9 goblins or so before the 20 minute buffs wear off.

I camped in the Tier 3 tunnel at loc -1647, -1532.  It was a little troublesome pulling the farther gobbies to that secluded location.  Maybe next time when I can break the spawn in the nearby room, I'll camp there and knock em down as they spawn one at a time - assuming there are no wanderers that will cause me extra trouble.

The Nurgalopedia was a great help!  I could have eventually found all this out on my own, but when I'm XP grinding, I don't feel like experimenting for the best spots.