Main Menu

Help for a 56 beastie

Started by Vengyrr, July 06, 2004, 05:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengyrr

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a place that I can get more than 1% per 3-4 kills at 56 solo, or even grouped. I'm not sure if this is part of everyone's experience (this is my only char that's past 50) but is leveling at 56 really hard or what? It takes me hours just to get a yellow =/

Please leave any advice here.

Much appreciated,
Ven

Kitvear

Your approaching the old "hell levels" and it just slows down more and more until you hit 60.

It's been a long while for me but best as I can recall it took my chanter about 14 hours a level in old seb, mostly fast pull groups.

I brought up my beastie post pop so once I could zone into PoT, I started grinding in the pop zones.  I don't recall what order or how long it took, but it seems to me that I leveled quicker in the 50-60 range in POJ, POI and POD.

That's was all grouping, hopefully someone else will chip in with some ideas on how you can do the "grind" solo.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=706403

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Keelo Graeham

I soloed mainly in Justice through the mid 50's. First the exit camps, then when they were over 50% lb, I moved to the lower hallways and the captains room. Can be tough if you don't clear the rats and sentries first, but it's good fast xp.
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis

DontPetBear

Did most of 56-60 solo in Acrylia Caverns and Nurga.  Sprinkled with a little bit of Ldon and Planes groups.  If you want really fast exp., gonna be tough to beat a good grp in the planes.  Just hard to find one that sticks around for any length of time.

Try to sneak into an OC/IC PoV group.  You'll be 60 by 10pm tonight.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Hereki

3-4 kills per % level exp in late 50s is normal, unfortunately.  PoP groups are faster.  You should start to concentrate on exp/hr instead of per kill, it has a better feel :).

AC and Nurga are both good spots; I used Torgiran Mines and Velks as well.

JillieMT

Not sure if you will ever see xp better than that anymore. But I loved Nurga then.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Dakat

For a 56 beast, I was soloing the exit of Plane of Justice killing everything in the first prison.  After the exp change, lowering the amount of exp that one gets soloing in PoP, I couldn't really tell you what it's like at that level.  I can recommend that you solo here still.  Keep opening up your "LFG" window and seeing anyone of your level that is looking for a group.  With a beast, you can solo nicely by yourself. Adding 1 person and making a 2 person group, will negate the - exp for soloing.  Any class can join you. Healer class, caster class are better suited since they will pretty much be sitting out of your way giving you the ability to control the pace.  Having a pure melee class will slow the process down somewhat cause you or they will have to heal themselves. Whereas if it was just you tanking, you can step back and let the pet deal with the mob.

It's a hell of a lot faster to make a group then spend 2+ hours waiting for someone to send you a tell to join one.

Xasyn

Psst, hey buddy <looks both ways> you should try the zone-in to Hate.  No, seriously.  <nods sagely and wanders off>  :twisted:

Ghorz

The zone-in in Plane of Hate?
But how does a beastlord get there without a wizard?

Maybe the travel to PoH was changed, but last time I was there we had to be ported.
Ghorz | Viking Alliance | troll beastlord | Stromm

Sovek

There's an NPC in Plane of Tranquility that will send you there.  Just hand her a hate port stone and off you go. :)
Crazyeyes Changemynameplx, 65 Beastlord
Sovek Celith`ar, 65 Necromancer
Numerous Toons - Click for Magelos -/- All Toons are on Xegony

Mneumenth

Quote from: SovekThere's an NPC in Plane of Tranquility that will send you there.  Just hand her a hate port stone and off you go. :)

Hehee...bring a gate potion.
Mneumenth
"When you absolutely, positively have to kill every motherf@#$er in the room...Accept no substitute."

Sovek

Crazyeyes Changemynameplx, 65 Beastlord
Sovek Celith`ar, 65 Necromancer
Numerous Toons - Click for Magelos -/- All Toons are on Xegony

Whiptail_Warclaw

I'm hunting the bottom floor of Velks at the moment. Exp seems to be going fast enough. With my next Warder upgrade, I should be able to motor threw the spawns.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

JillieMT

Hm, I am not sure that a 56 would do well solo in PoH. Would be a fantastic spot for a group of ya though!
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

fallacy

for good solo exp try chardock - you can single pull everything in the halls at 56 - and with the new pet , cloplast and a kei on you wont have any down time.