Main Menu

53 with 65 cleric help-- where to hunt?

Started by Jarlub, July 24, 2004, 02:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarlub

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

Hail all!

I recently dumped my 65 Paladin in favor of a BL so I am looking to bash my way to 65 in the least painful way possible.  I have hunted recently in POI with a group, POJ by myself (mostly down by Mauvin) and in Natimbi but I usually average about a bubb an hour which is a touch slow.  The exp per kill is pretty good just takes far too long to kill each monster.

Anyone have any recs for where to hunt with a 53 BL with 65 cleric helping?  Healing is not an issue in general I mostly need low HP mobs that my pet can land a proc on and that prefereably don't run.  Pretty easy to pull singles with cleric as well.

I plan on trying the hole zone in soon.

Thanks and nice website/msg board!

Hereki

First suggestion: Nurga.  Mobs aren't too hard, pet can proc on them, etc.

Second suggestion: form groups, in PoI or PoN, with the cleric outside the group as a healer.  You want mainly dps, but a better slower at this level can't hurt.  Group exp bonus and PoP exp bonus is a big win; an average group will make 20%+/hr, and with a 65 cleric outside you should beat that by a long way.

For the cleric, remember to pull with Mark of Retribution (the DS one, whatever), and send in the hammer for the fight - it won't outdamage even a 53 beastlord.

The benchmark for low 50s is solo exp, which can be as high as 10% per hour; for high 50s, 4-5%/hr.  Any better than that is good, so 20%/hr is great if you can sustain it.

Hereki

The Hole ZI slows down after about 49; I am not sure that it will all be dark blue, even - not enough mobs, only 12/13 before the drop.  If you want exp there, you need to go past the drop down, which means that you need a way out - fighting out up to the bridge is possible, as is invis (if your divination skill is up there).

I wouldn't go past the constructs into the city with the undead and rats, but the jail might be ok.

Jarlub

Hrmm maybe I'm just being too greedy, doing 20%/hour and seems slow hehe.

I tried the goruping wtih cleric oog in POI but was kinda disappointed in the exp, was fun though.

Nurga is a good thought I'll have to give that a whirl.

Currently doing ghosts in Natimbi, good exp if a bit tough but got the niec FT1 neck item for my cleric 8)

Thanks!

Hereki

The trick for the group is to get ALL dps, slower is optional (but you'll want one in PoV when you get there until the beastlord is 60).

Jarlub

Now 55 and finding Grieg's end to be fun, decent loot, and good exp 8)

Hamtarro

53 Bst here with 61 cleric to PL with.... just wondering, where did you get 20% an hour? Hehe I would love that rate  :D
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

bellzebut

53 bst here.

I tried The hole entrance. Mob are dying so fast its isnt funny hehe. BUT i got 2 blue under 30min. So 4 blue /hour close to 20%. all that solo.

I didnt kill the mob near a bridge but will do later today.
Turn down the Suck!!
--------------------------------------
Duracuire, 56 beastlord
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=962545
Horgh Solarfall, 58 paladin--Retired

Nekokirei

Quote from: bellzebut53 bst here.

I tried The hole entrance. Mob are dying so fast its isnt funny hehe. BUT i got 2 blue under 30min. So 4 blue /hour close to 20%. all that solo.

I didnt kill the mob near a bridge but will do later today.

Bellze,

Based upon your experiences there, d'ya think a 51 bst could solo the area?  I'm getting a tad bored with Sea Fury Cyclops and couldn't control Nurga runners so am curious about this prospect. =)

Thanks!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

bellzebut

At 51 i did CoM because of the xp bonus and i wasnt having trouble really. Depend on your gear i guess but i solo there till 52 on the right side ''Temple'' just carefull of the name.

you could probably do it at 51 in The Hole. On the 10-11 mobs i killed a entrance i got 2 LB. Other were DB.

Look like they are straigh melee and with pet stun proc i wasnt really healing pet.
Give it a try. Make sure you knwo were to swim to exit if your in trouble.
I didnt get any add while pulling with slow. Even if 2 mob where face to face in teh litle tunnel leading to some stair.
I even manage to single pull 1 of the 2 mob down the that are on each side of teh door. I just peek out  abit to left mob he hit me adn pull him back to entrance.

Seem to be 2 wanderer that goe sform teh botttom to the top.

Try it. If you dont like go to CoM till you hit 52. I didi dryad at 52 till 53. But wasnt really liking it. Hole will be my new place till 54.

PS: I lost bot9 but got kei and didnt have too much difficulty. Pet had no problem. And pet didint have mage gear. Would be easier.

Hope itw what you wanted to hear :)
Turn down the Suck!!
--------------------------------------
Duracuire, 56 beastlord
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=962545
Horgh Solarfall, 58 paladin--Retired

Hereki

The big problem with fast exp is that you just don't have the dps to kill faste enough.  So you need KEI, you need pet weapons, and you need your cleric to contribute dps (but < 50%) - so pet hammer and maybe some nukes.

Or, my other suggestion: form a dps group.

CoM mobs have about the lowest hp you will find, but they also have a wide level range; at 51 in the stables, for instance, you will get a few green and light blue along with high dark blues (nameds).  Even in higher areas you will get greens.

Outside of CoM, at higher levels, for low hit points you need either PoP or GoD mobs.  Personally, I would go with PoP, as all PoP zones still have a massively high ZEM, and GoD zones don't (ones that you can reach, anyway).