Main Menu

GoD an option?

Started by Taurius, August 10, 2004, 08:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taurius

Hey all.  I'm a level 55 Beastlord and I've not been to any of the GoD content.  I was thinking of checking it out, but was wondering if any of the content is soloable at 55?  Should I wait?  What would be a good level to wait till?

Thanks! :)

Oneiromancer

Maybe.  Before they made it easier, I'd say no way.  Now, it might be doable, but it won't be nearly as efficient as almost any other spot.  If you really want to hunt for one of the items there that would be the best reason I could think of to do that.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Taiglin

Give Natimbi a try. The big turtles come to mind especially though the named will rip you a new one. Want to say the dogs hit harder but might have fewer hp. Haven't been there in a few months though. There is some spawns in the water that will come out, forget their name though. Anyway, they are right there in the delta when you zone in.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Dakat

You should be ok, might have some downtime though. Keeping you and your pet healed up.

Mobs in Natimbi didn't seem to hit that hard. You can kill the turtles on the same side of the beach as the Wayfarer camp is.

There was nothing here social that I noticed.  You can have a turtle step over you while your killing another.  After the turtles, go and kill stonemites. Look like a slug without a shell.  Then u can kill the dog lookin things.  There are alot of dogs on the island. You can also camp your pet on the turtle side, and pull to your pet. Nothing wanders over there and nothing will agro you if you go AFK.  You jump in the water and there are 2 fish and 2 crabs in the water. Real far apart so dont have to worry about adds. Jump in cast to pull and run back to pet.  I've also noticed that of each mob type, there is an equivilant named that can spawn in their place.  Shell Inlaid Collar can drop off of any mob in the zone. Named tend to drop other armor pieces too.

However, be careful of the Island. Ever time it reached midnight game time, a named Turtle spawns at the highest peak on the Island and is KOS to everyone.  It spawns around 12 midnight for 2 hours. If not attacked it depawns. It's above 67, conned Red to me at 65.

Most of the mobs here were Light Blue at 65, with a few blue (rare) thrown in.  This indicates they all are above level 44. Stay away from the Quimni zone mobs. These guys will rip you a new one. At 65, I was having to heal myself more then usual.

The mobs near the Camp though should be perfect for you at 55.

Oh, to get to natimbi is rather easy.

Go to any LDON camp. Nro, BB, EF, EC or Sro.  Target the Magus and say "Nedaria".  When you zone to Nedaria, you will be at another Camp. Find the Magus here (at zone in spot, they are on your left near a flag post).  Target the Magus and say "Natimbi". When you spawn here, you will see the turtles straight ahead on the shore.

Taiglin

To be honest I haven't really looked and I hate to derail the thread but am wondering about progression into the other GoD zones. When, where etc for a 2 box.

Sorry for the derail Taurius. BTW might want to see how it goes at 55 and then 56 with the new pet. Could be one of those things that just gets you over the hump as it were. Have you tried out Natimbi since your original post?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Whiptail_Warclaw

Well I went to natimbi to try a few turtles and although at 56 they were easy enough to solo, the place was "Add" city. I attacked one turtle and had two other turtles and a stonemite add.
Zoned, came back and tried again. Samething happened again. Place would be great hunting if mobs didn't Add.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Fitez Derdy

whiptail what you need to do is park warder in an area with no mobs that wander. then go pull something back to your warder. easy as pie and at 56 the aa exp is very nice solo ... 2 or 3 kills / blue aa ... /grin
Fitez Derdy
Animist of The Seventh Hammer

What da ya mean rules ?
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1107800

Whiptail_Warclaw

Quote from: Fitez Derdywhiptail what you need to do is park warder in an area with no mobs that wander. then go pull something back to your warder. easy as pie and at 56 the aa exp is very nice solo ... 2 or 3 kills / blue aa ... /grin

Went back and tried again and did park my Warder on the other side of the WF camp away from all the mobs. First turtle I pulled summoned and hit for 250-300. Zoned with no Warder, no mana and close to no health.
Personally, I just don't like this zone for soloing.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Fitez Derdy

try again ... and this time dont pull the named mob ( rofl ) ... you pulled " a fierce cragwalker " ..... stick to the turepta cragwalker, hynid fleshripper, and shore stonmite ..... do not pull fierce cragwalker, swift scavenger, and im sure theres a named stonemite but havent seen it. keep them away from other mobs and you wont have adds. fully buffed ( self buffed only ) at 56 with epic i can pull 5 mobs before i need to heal, and then i use bind wounds ( i have the anizoks bandage summoning thing ) which lets me med while i heal, very efficient. its really a good time : ). also you have a chance of looting the shell inlaid collar or talisman of the spiritseer. i got the fierce cragwalker to 46 percent one time with it 55 percent slowed and me buffed with druid buffs, damage shield and kei for healing pet. so dont feel bad you had to zone and dont give up on natimbi yet ..... hell if youre on the 7th hammer send me a tell and we can go beat on stuff.
Fitez Derdy
Animist of The Seventh Hammer

What da ya mean rules ?
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1107800