Main Menu

Where to grind 58 and 59 ?

Started by Wendace, August 23, 2004, 02:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendace

OK, just dinged 58 finally and I am looking for the best opinion on where to solo. I have limited play time through the week so grouping can be a problem, I normally spend my time trying to find a group and when I do its usually time to log off.

SO with this in mind I want someplace that will yield a decent amount of xp when only being able to play for 1-2 hours at times, 1 usually being the case.

I tried chardok last night, most entry mobs are now light blue, deeper in was dark blue but everytime I got there a knucklehead would train and out I would go. GE mobs are all but impossible to single pull.

Suggestions ?

P.S. sorry for rambling, its Monday afterall
Wendace Stormbringer
Barbarian beastlord
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993734

JillieMT

Nurga.

:)

Plenty of posts here all about it.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Wendace

Anyone here tried Arylia caverns ?

Someone in guild suggested this, I have never been there so I thought I better ask before I need to make a corpse run  :D
Wendace Stormbringer
Barbarian beastlord

Oneiromancer

Acrylia Caverns

In the 60-64 section, although the poster started there at level 57.  Search is your friend. :D

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Hereki

Nurga is good, tier 3/4.  AC works out just fine, but will turn mostly light blue very soon.  Another good spot is Velks, you can clear the ground floor with time to spare, or camp a couple of nameds higher up.  Nadox is ok, too - I'd go for the furious/vehement camp, rather than the camp fire/lava bridge.

Et^Cetera

I did 58-60 solo in velks, and would reccommend it to you, given your criteria.

99% of mobs can be singled pulled at 58 and ALL will be dark blue to you until you ding 61.

There are about 3-4 different camp spots (frenzy being the best IMO) so you should always be able to find somewhere to hunt, and its not so deserted that groups are impossible to find, although dont go higher than a trio (prefereably duo) as exp really suffers with 4-6 person groups at 58.

Nothing sees through invis except nameds and "hunter" type spiders. There are plenty of places to camp which arent in the zone doorway, so any trains shouldnt affect you too much.

No SOW as its an indoor zone, but getting runspeed 1 or 2 should be enough to fulfill your pulling needs. Now that pets zone with you, worse case is you zone out, SOW, and zone back in (depending on where you are hunting)

Not the "best" exp per kill available, but you should be able to keep pulling a steady stream of dark blues indefinatly with no down time at all. Which in turn probably makes the exp fairly good overall. Its also pretty easy to just set up, kill for an hour..then log off. And if you get the frenzy camp, you can actually /camp on that shelf for when you next log in. its safe.

You can also sell the velium pieces for a small fortune in the bazaar and I was averaging 2k or so per KEI. I would say I made 40k+ in the 2 levels and 15AA points I was in there for.

Could be the zone you are after, give it a try.

Et^
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Fibbs

Yeah I'm still a fan of Velks myself.

I'm positive exp would be better somewhere else, but the spiders offer such a low challenge it still offers the best low risk grinding out there.

Fibbs.

Wendace

I tried Velks last night, your right spiders are nice. I could solo pull and even tanked 2 adds from a train at one point. XP was decent for the risk.

I could solo everything without any problems except for the fierce hunter i think it was ( named on bottom at the back) I start at 90% health and 65% mana and zoned out with mob at 30% and me at 20% health, 7 % mana and dog at 13% health, I think I will stay away from him for now, but the others are going to die repeatedly for my satisfaction  :D

Thanks for the help.
Wendace Stormbringer
Barbarian beastlord

Whiptail_Warclaw

I'm living in Velks at the moment. A friendly Bard showed me the US <Upper Spiders> camp and the safe spot, so now I'm camping the Frenzied Velium Broodling which drops the Silver Chitin Hand Wraps and Wristbands. It's an 8 spawn cycle and easy enough to keep cleared.
You can also camp the enterance <ground floor> and it's good for solo or a group.
If US and the ground floor/enterance is camped, then I normally will go up the ramp on the left and start doing a cycle threw the 9 spiders on the first floor. You do have to watch where you push each spider as you can push it off the the first floor onto the ground and bring back Adds. but on the whole if you are careful, you'll be fine.

At 58 I'm getting 1% AA per kill, but the kills are quick, the spiders don't hit overly hard and it's great, steady exp.
The spiders drop all types of Velium, which sells in Bazaar. They also drop spider fur (4pp) and crushed gems (14pp), plus crystalline silk.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."