Main Menu

Ugh...52 solo'n spots ...not many...

Started by Saab, August 28, 2004, 02:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saab

Hi!  $$

Just your local lazy 52 Bst here.... tryin to find a good solo spot atm. Dulak is cool..except irts a pain to get to, then when ya get there do a /camp check..no response, go to a boat, doh..someone is there that didnt bother to respond to camp check..grrr..check all boats..camped...

Tasskmaster is lb, gave a whirl at Velks..can easily do spiders, but singling them is imopossible, and 2 arent doable yet..... Nurga..but man..alone thats a (Bunny) to get to...  plus..I would imagine its rather difficult to single them out there?   SO, I have half decent gear..like 950 AC unbuffed, I think close to 3k hps unbuffed....

ANy help would be appreciated....

Tastian

I had a lot of fun in sol B around that level.  Mobs are old world, so aren't all that hard.  Mobs are also fire so nukes land decent.   At 53 you get storm which is fire based, but then 54 if you have it snow is cold based so you are right back in business.  It's 2 zones away from a book(neriak), 1 zone away from a druid ring and has a few camps you could do at your level depending on how well things were going for you.  The bats have a stun that is pretty easy to resist.  The beetles have a DD proc that can be annoying and if you go for LDCs they proc boil blood, but you might want to wait on those.  If you happen to get a couple friends on then you could try and efreeti run and that's just one of my all-time favorite camps in the game.  8)

Also at 52 the dryads in JPF are quite easy and give ok exp.  Lots of options really it's just about finiding which you like best.  8)

Et^Cetera

I did the grimlings at bottom of the ramp in Grimling Forest till 55-56, near the Acrylia Zone in.

Most should be DB to you at 52 and you should be able to single them all day long. Set up camp in far right corner and pull to there, that corner should also keep you safe from any trains going into AC. You only get 1 wanderer spawn and aggro there.

Exp per kill isnt all that flash, but kill rate more than makes up for it. Infact, i got more exp per hour when they went LB and got my (54/56?) pet just because I was killing them alot faster. You should be able clear 7-8 kills before re-pops. Although I would leave the casters alone as they have a habit of dispelling. There should be more than enough melee type mobs to keep you going till repops.

Bit of a run to get to, but has NEVER been anyone else there all the time I was hunting there. Lots of trash loot and acrylica to sell, with merchants and Bank in same zone. Expect 500-750 in trash and another 700 or so in Acrylia per KEI.

Outdoors so SOW works too.

Give it a try, it might work for you.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Saab

alrighty then..great ideas all..thanks guys...

I did say lazy.../blushes

But obviously, the future isnt as bleak as I thought!

Hereki

You need to stop ruling out good camp spots because they are "hard to get to".

Dulak is great, so are dryads in Jaggedpine, and the thing about Nurga is that you can single pull most things (in the right tier) and can tank 2 at a  time anyhow.

Cujok Sarnakbane

If you run to dulak and all the boats are taken, zone back into Gunthak, go to the castle/temple and camp the steps and the 2 mobs on the hall outside of the temple.  Loot is decent, typically 500-800pp per kei and usually 20-30% exp per kei (i'm a iksar).  I did this from 50-54.

Good luck.
Cujok Sarnakbane
Level 55 Iksar Beastlord
Firiona Vie Server

wolverine9981

I just hit level 53 in dulak and have been there for quite a few levels.  What I do if the boats are taken is do the assasians in the tavern in the middle of the buildings.  The exp is nice and a named assasian can pop, the named drops a decent charm that goes up with agil and dex.  What is also nice is that you don't have to wait on repops because there is enough other DB mobs in the surronding buildings to pull while waiting for repops.
wolverine9981 - 58 - Beastlord - The Tribunal

WOW:
Bainee   - level 52 Shaman - Aggramar
Anduhar - level 48 Hunter    - Aggramar

Saab

well..didn't get to play my usual time this weekend, had to go with my wife to a freinds house for the night..however...for a few hours , that I did get to play, I went to grimling. I invised up and ran towards ac zone in..but frakin invis dropped, lol..so I had to zone out back all the way to HM....lol

so i ended up camping a little grimmling oupost not far from the ac ramp...mostly db's and a couple lb's. was fun, no one in the zone..had fun..xp wasnt grand..but it was doable..died once because i pet ran into a pull, i couldnt get it back spamming back, and repops happened..Had to eat the unressed death, but heh, thats the risk of soloin   :)  but that was cool...

wolverine..ill check thattavern thingy..

but nurga..hmm...  well see....gotta find some gate potions....  :)

Whiptail_Warclaw

Dulak, Nurga, let's not forget the enterance to The Hole, Seafuries in OOT. All decent spots and very doable at 52.

Being from Australia, I mostly play in US off peak time, so most camps are available, which is nice.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

kattana

People are so sold on the boats at dulak but there are lots of good places to set up a camp and be safe to pull. I set up in the alley behind the warehouse and there are like 7 buildings around me that are all DB and single pulls are easy to get. These guys drop the same loot that the ships do. I went from 50 to 54 here.  Just find a safe spot to keep agro down and you will get decent exp there.

Dakat

Permafrost
Great Divide
Kedge Keep
Emerald Jungle
Tenebour Mount
Traks Tooth
Jagger Pine
Waking Lands
City of Mist
Sol B
Lower Guk
Acrylia Caverns
The Hole
Burning Woods

Just to name a few.  I'd probably go to the high ZEM zones first. Perma, Sol B, LGuk, JP, and The Hole offer the higher Zems. My fav was Burning Woods. Mobs died real fast at your level due to Kunark being the oldest expansion, mobs have a real low amount of HP.