Main Menu

Nurga at 50?

Started by Zeezrum, September 13, 2004, 01:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeezrum

I was wondering if I could hit Nurga at 50. ...yeah thats pretty much it lol

Ive been soloing right outside of KC, taking two Dblues on at a time, sometimes 3. XP has been great, getting 2 levels day starting at lvl 46,  But Lightblues are starting to swarm.

so the time has come to find a new solo spot for when I dont want to group.

thanks
_________
that'll do donkey, that'll do.

Hereki

Easily.  It gets a little easier when you get the stun proc at 51, as this minimises the distance a runner can get.

Zeezrum

went there yesterday, spent about an hour there, and only got about 4 kills.  WAY to many adds, I had to shrink myself to get up the first water fall, and then my spells wouldnt land on the mob as I was technically under the water and the mob was above it. THAT is an age old bug that needs fixing.

the mob ran and I got about 15 adds on the first pull.  I was lvl 51 btw the stun proc didnt last long enough.

Nurga = teh f4rm zone.  Thats about it, unless you have a pocket chanter that can mez, things above water while its under....yeah.

ok next stop trak, going to see if I can get some decent XP there.

KC is ok for my level however I'd rather not spend anymore time in the DL/PL zones. bleh!!

was thinking of going to ME and trying that out, or heading over to velks.

most likely i'll just end up going out to Scarlet desert and twilight sea to kill the dock npc's.
or i'll  head out to my long time favorite zone, OOT and kill some clopses.

as for Nurga....i wont be going back there before im 65.
_________

JillieMT

Ah, Zeezrum, you could not be more mistaken. You were in the Stabber Remmy room, that is not suitable for you to hunt in, if you are 50 or 51. That is a tier C room. I dinged 60 in there.

http://pub116.ezboard.com/fcouncilofzarchonfrm4.showMessage?topicID=4.topic

I think you would do better in the tier b area.

Nurga is the perfect solo beastlord zone: great xp, good money, and the lowest agro range anywhere outside of PoHate. I started coming here in my early 50's as well, and still hunt there on occasion. Get the info and the in-game map from the Nurgalopedia there, and try it again... I assure you that you'll do just fine. :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Zeezrum

hmmm...perhaps ive thought to quickly.

so from the Zi from FM i should go down into that deep  hole?...how do I get back out? I aint got the plat for a gate potion =(

perhaps i'll have ot live down there till i get to 65...thats a long time lol.

I lived in Kaesora for about 10 levels i guess I could do it here. but I'd like to be able to sell the loot and im sure to become encombered with the stuff.

I'll have to look into it further.  Thanks for the great link =)
_________

Hereki

Invis and run out.  Or you might still be able to double shrink and swim up.

JillieMT

If you look on the map, you will see that its just a big circle around to the tier b area and up through the c area, back to the Remmy room. You can invis and just run around to the way out.

Zeezrum

This is actually sounding fun, first time in a while.

its almost like experiencing the zone new again....almost.
_________

JillieMT

Yep, that is the best way to learn a zone. Load up your travelling spell set, and explore on your own!

But that Nurgalopedia sure does help, lol!  :)

Zeezrum

I have to say thats the only thing i miss about my monk, grab some invis postions, and FD my way through the things that see invis, Ive explored almost every zone I can get to.

but i'll stick with my beast =)
_________

Zeezrum

while XPing I encountered "a fearless goblin" he hit me for 174 max and hit my pet for 180,
he aggro'ed me at the end of the greens, (stage 1) starting at the light blues, (stage 2)

it was armored as a rogue, but didnt BS. I killed it, but it took me a while,

also at 51 its hard to pull singles.

I dropped down to the first slave area to start stage 2, and on my first pull got 3. one resisted my slow 3 times.

After my CR I headed out to get buffs again, i'll try again tonight later,

but at 51 its almost too hard to do stage 2, stage 1 is almost all light blues. with a couple Dblues, mostly SKs, warriors, and rogues.
_________

Oneiromancer

Nurga and Droga mobs have pretty small aggro ranges, but the pathing is weird sometimes, which can get you assist aggro when you don't expect it.  Might just need to not fight in that pit.

Also, check out the map, look for the exit to Droga (not the same as the zone from Droga).  It'll put you on a ledge in Droga, so you can zone back in if you don't drop off it.  The mobs near that zone line might be tier 2...not sure.  But it might be a better place to run to than the FM zone.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Zeezrum

the ZI from droga is in the yellow section, I can take one of them if I have FM and Full health, it almost kills me, and only if its a caster, warriors have to many HPs for me to do much to.

the only place ive found that I can do well is the green area,  they drop at my feet like flies. clearing the whole area at lvl 51 only yields 3 blues.

the Light blue area I can do well.  great XP, IF I can pull them one at a time. which I cant.

if they are standing anywhere near each other. they will come in sets of 2+

I can take 2, but it hurts. from FM to 1 blue bub, from FH to 1 red bub, I end up kiting the last one around the slave area. 3 = dead. Even with HoV and kei and Fo7. 4200hps 3k mana.  unless I can get Invis off and run before they kill my pet.

I think im going to need another lvl or two before I can do this area. I really really like it though, Never camped, great loot, nice drops for my bazbitch, and occationally a 65 something will come through and heal/buff me +)

running out of ideas on solo places.  I was thinking of hitting ME or Velks or The Grey or SolB BB. but I hate runners with sow in a dungon. just to see how they compare.

anyone know of anywhere else I might try to solo?
_________

Hereki

ME will destroy you.  Typical Luclin high hp, high ac mobs.  SolB might work - best advice is to enter from one of the SolA zone lines and fight there, not from Lavastorm.

There are several goblins in Nurga for the iksar warrior pike quest - fearless goblin is one of them.  They all have much larger aggro ranges than normal, and are mostly much higher level than the tiers they were placed in; several of the good rooms are unusable for exp as a result.  The only good news is that their respawn times are also much higher than normal (around 2 hours or more).

NoxCruor

Zeerum,

Read back a bit, and wondered something.  How are you pulling?  If you're pulling with slow, that might be a small issue.  I learned this from a bst friend of mine on Xegony, that if you're going to try to single pull, try pulling with Cancel Magic, and when you do move to where you are JUST in range, or just in sight of a mob.  It might help you out.  :)

Would like to know how things have been working in Nurga for you.

Recently, my wife and I decided to move our hunting spot to there.  It was either that, or Chardok.  But for the life of me I'm a little hesitant to destroy Chardok faction.  Anybody know if there is a reason why a vah shir bst would want good faction there?  We moved to Nurga because on her 65 SK, she ended up getting about 3 ticks of a blue, and figured that our lower levels would be able to get some pretty awesome experience.

Anyway, grouped with her on Tier C (I'm lvl 54, she's 53 cleric).  I switched to AA's to let her catch up to me in level.  After clearing out all of Tier C by zone in and only getting to where Tier B and D are close together, I only had 6% AA.  Is this normal??  I was getting better exp in Torg Mines.

Should I simply solo like I have done the rest of my career, and solo here?  Or could someone suggest a better exp spot in Nurga?
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor