Main Menu

Katta 55-60

Started by Laba, January 06, 2004, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laba

I did 55-60 doing Katta guards. Enter the zone via Twilight sea. Make sure you invis or avoid the goodie island between the Twilight port-in and Katta. When you zone in, invis and head up and right at the first intersection. You will be on a narrow long bridge above water. There is a wandering guard here, so summon pet and take him out. It should be very easy as the guards are pretty wimpy. After this is done you can use proximity aggro to single pull the guards outside the area. There are 6 guards not counting the wanderer. By the time you clear them all others should be up. Its decent loot and was great xp pre PoP.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Kylaz

One more thin on this camp: bring lots of empty bags.The weapons and armor you'll find on guards don't stack, but bring a good price on vendors...
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Shalymar

This is a great spot for 55-60. Usually 6 to 8 guards to fight. I believe katta has a bonus experience modifier.
<< 66th lvl Beastlord <--- Magelo >>

"He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger"
Confucius

Volsykat

I know it was, but is it still a worthwhile place to do 58-60 speedily?
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Grune

Which place is better to hunt in? Katta or Santus Seru?  I was told the other day, that it's the same as far as exp and drops/money are concerned, but santus seru is considered the "bad guys" of Luclin. I've never hunted in either, and I just turned 55.

If Seru is the same and is the "bad" faction, it's also closer to the nexus and would seem like a better hunting spot.

Has anyone hunted there before? Are there good spots to hunt for exp, and others for money?
Grune the Destroyer and his partner in chicanery Leghumper
Find your power animal, junior. It will help you during those tough times when doubt plagues your mind. Mine is the Hammer.
BST62.26/Xg h++ 2.8khp 2.8km ft6 r8 g- e+ 0++ T++ L+I H++ F+++ g b D---

Hereki

Sanctus Seru mobs are tougher, with more adds - and more pp drops.

BarbBST

Any idea how much hp does the Katta guards have, how many dam they hit and how's the xp for L55?

Thanks!  :wink:

Sinedil

Is Katta based on any faction worth keeping? I'm about to drag my brother in with me and don't want to ruin any faction worth keeping.  :shock:  I'm a barbarian beasty and he is a froggie pally.

Thanks guys and gals,

Sinedil Noblespirit
Barbarian Beastlord of the 55th blizzard

The Kittenpeeler

Katta has some pretty nice quests. There's the amulet of grey wastes (EB neck), the rallic pack, Shield of Bane Warding, Cloak of truth, and the vampyre quests for a paladin shield / back with 50 AC.

But, me, i'm an Iksar so they hate me. So does Sanctus Seru. So damn stupid, you go to the moon and they still hate you no matter what. ugh.

Anyway... hunting at the bank area, these guys consistantly got me to 50% at level 55. They continuously managed to hit for max (115 with one-handers, 125 for two-handers), and I was plinking them for 15 with razor knuckles and elf dagger. I'm wondering if this spit has been nerfed - My shaman never had any trouble.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Toln

I gave the zone in guards a try at L52 after HHK got slow, and they smacked me around pretty good. I nearly died just killing one of them.

They seem to have pretty high AC as per most Luclin mobs. I wasn't hitting for much on them and they had a lot of hp.

/shrug.. maybe I just need to fork out some cash for better twink gear. At the moment i've just been paying the big bucks for weapons.

Planning to head back there now at L55 to give it another shot with new pet and some better weapons.

Another option which I took in PoJ to get me to L55 was killing at the zone in. At L54 with Po9 and KEI I was looking at about 10-15% xp an hour which was pretty bad but still tolerable when no groups were around.
L55-L59 are the real hell levels though if memory serves.. i'm betting it's going to slow down a lot now.

Zashir Swiftpaw

Katta guards used to be pretty good xp.  I was getting roughly 1% regular xp per kill at 58 doing Nathyn's guards.  This was prior to the xp nerf.

I recently went back and tried the guards a few weeks ago (early May 2004), and was receiving 1% xp per 5 guards kill.  So, the xp was nerfed to be about 20% of what it used to be.  Not worth doing anymore.

Ghorz

Quote from: Zashir SwiftpawI recently went back and tried the guards a few weeks ago (early May 2004), and was receiving 1% xp per 5 guards kill. So, the xp was nerfed to be about 20% of what it used to be.
That is a valuable information. Too bad it is hiding at the end of the thread. 8)
Ghorz | Viking Alliance | troll beastlord | Stromm

Birdienumnum

Remember, hunt in Katta means no rallic pack :)
Birdienumnum