Main Menu

Nurga Questions

Started by NoxCruor, October 13, 2004, 05:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoxCruor

Recently, my wife and I decided to move our hunting spot to there. It was either that, or Chardok. But for the life of me I'm a little hesitant to destroy Chardok faction. Anybody know if there is a reason why a vah shir bst would want good faction there? We moved to Nurga because on her 65 SK, she ended up getting about 3 ticks of a blue for AA, and figured that our lower levels would be able to get some pretty awesome experience.

Anyway, grouped with her on Tier C (I'm lvl 54, she's 53 cleric). I switched to AA's to let her catch up to me in level. After clearing out all of Tier C by zone in and only getting to where Tier B and D are close together, I only had 6% AA. Is this normal?? I was getting better exp in Torg Mines.  In Torg, I got 1% regular exp every two kills.

Should I simply solo like I have done the rest of my career, and continue to solo here? Or could someone suggest a better exp spot in Nurga?

If my wife comes along with her cleric, any suggestions on where a better spot would be?
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Mazuli

The nurga exp sucks at 55.  In 2 hours I got less than 1 yellow, doing 9 mobs per spawn at remmy room.  Maybe they ninja nerfed the nurga exp bonus because it felt a lot faster yesterday.

wolverine9981

At 55 i was in nurga and was getting 15-18% exp per hour.  I did the B area spawns instead of the remmy room.  The mobs in the B area go down alot faster and there are 3 named mobs that can spawn and do quite frequently.  The exp should be much better at 55 in the B area even though some are LB than in the C area.  At 57 I have moved into the remmy area and am getting about 15% exp per hour which isn't that bad at 57.
wolverine9981 - 58 - Beastlord - The Tribunal

WOW:
Bainee   - level 52 Shaman - Aggramar
Anduhar - level 48 Hunter    - Aggramar

Mazuli

I went to dulak ships and was getting less exp than I was in nurga.  Maybe 55 is just significantly slower than 54.  This is my first character post 50 since they got rid of the hell levels.  I'll try the B room but I'm sure I'll get a lot of adds because unlike Remmy's room, there are a lot of really tightly packed goblins.  I'll post results after I try it with 2 hours of kei/virtue.

Ok in 2 hours there I got approximately 28% exp as an iksar.  So it is better.

Aorden

Actually, it's pretty easy to pull with no adds in there. I was in Tier B camping 3 named with a few guildies and I never pulled more than 1 with slow. They have a hell of a small aggro range, just trust in the aggro range and they won't add. Also, in Tier B, you could easily take 2-3 at a time if you're a bit buffed.

Taiglin

54 is still pretty much a hell level - same with 59. 60 on the other hand is almost a half level in comparison. Once in your 50s and well beyond it really becomes a matter of xp per unit of time vs mob. A general rule of thumb for straight soloing in Nurga is hit a tier that is 1/3 lt blue. If you are two boxing or duoing you should bump that up. Might want to give the blood thirsty rat room a go (though might be dorked because of the Iksar warrior quest mob in there on the far side of the room). Once you hit either 57 or 58 you should be able to single pull Joe out of his room and should move back and forth between his spawn and the dude around the corner (drops the Ken earing). Is roughly the path I took with my Bst/Dru combo. After 60 I think the xp for Joe's tier peters out.

As an aside and for something different you might want to try the Vamp Castle in the Tenebrous Mountains. Also, you might want to continue hunting here over Chardok if you think you ever might want to do the Spirit Wracked Cord quest. In that light getting keyed for HS soon and heading there after the new pet at 56 might be fun (duoed)...well, I should say HS is fun.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Hereki

If you shift away from the "1/3 lb" rule, two things happen - you start to get multiples on pulls, although it should never be more than two if you are careful, and runners aren't frozen from stuns, and so can travel some distance.  A druid can meliorate that considerably with root and snare.

If you want to try the blood thirsty rat room, move to the short corridor just past it.  As soon as you uninvis, you will aggro the quest goblin (ferocious?); once he is dead, he has a long respawn time, something like two hours.  That passage has one wanderer in it.  When you get higher level, you should be able to single pull the rat PH to the tunnel.  To get Joepla's PH, you have to clear the room in from of him - 4 goblins, I think.  If you are too low, you will get the entire room with him; I am reasonably certain that I could single pull Joepla at 61, not sure about earlier.

From somewhere in 61-63, the best camp spot is the safe corridor just past Blackguard Thabsis (the Ken earring guy).  No wanderers, and it's between tier 4 and 5.  Lots to pull.

54 and 59 certainly do feel like hell levels still.  Throughout the 50s, after 51, I used to hope for 10% exp per hour if I was lucky.  59 was 4-5% per hour.

Taiglin

I think that 1/3 rule was yours wasn't it Hereki? Anyway, can single pull Joe at 58 but do need to clear the 4 outside his room like you mention.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

NoxCruor

YAH!  Just got back from a week deployment courtesy of the US Navy <grumbles>.

First off, want to thank everyone who responded to this posting.  It's given me a lot to think about.  Especially the comments I read about the 1/3 light blue rule.  Never heard of it.  And the only reason why I could see that rule is because killing more per hour = more exp, even if you don't get as much exp as a full blue?

Also, can anybody tell me how the exp in Nurga compares to the exp gained in Torg mines or Chardok?

And what would be the benefit of gaining Chardok faction?
Khillarri
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Aorden

I went to torg mines and found that the mobs had wayyy too much HP and it was too much of a trek out there. Nurga is soo much more fun as well. Haven't tried chardok though.

danaconda

The reasons for gaining faction in Chardok are: This item (which is only one of 3 progressive quests) and also so you can run around Chardok freely. I would like to run around chardok myself, considering my necro could use the mansini herb that drops there.
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Hereki

Chardok faction lets you do the three linked quests; the first two (rings) are easy to do, have decent hps, and have a rechargable DS.  The third quest isn't exactly hard if you have a little help, and is still a good item if you are a raider.

You also get easy access to Chardok B, which is a nice quiet exp spot when Nurga becomes unusable, or if you want a tougher challenge for a duo.

I am sure that someone else pointed out that the Nurga tiers with a little light blue mixed in give the best experience, regardless of your level.  I just say it a lot.  My experience is that low dark blue are much quicker to kill than high dark blue, and although they give less experience, the balance of time to kill versus exp given is still a win for low blues.  They aren't any harder to kill than high light blues, in fact.  In Nurga, each tier has a relatively narrow level range, and so the tiers with 1/3 lb have the best mix.  Part of that is that they also are easier to pull and run less far, which makes a difference.

That showed up levelling from 61-65 mainly in Nurga.  61/62 in tier 4 was ideal - even though I think tier 4 was all dark blue at 61.  At 63 tier 4 was mainly light blue, and I think tier 5 was still all dark blue, and the rate of gaining exp dropped off a lot, even though I have about 50 AAs by that point, which sped up exp in 62 considerably.  At 66, tier 5 is all light blue, so it's time to move on.

NoxCruor

Just wanted to reply one last time to this thread.  THANK YOU ALL!  I went and tried Nurga again.  Instead of heading to Tier C, I went to B just to try it out.  Mobs were all dark blue and a LOT easier.  Single pulls were easier than heck, and if I pulled the mobs back, they didn't get very far with Tasha's stun.  In an hours time, I was getting anywhere from 16-18% exp per hour.

Nurga is now my new favorite place to hunt, and will probably stay here a while :)  Finally got 55 last night, and as soon as I hit 56, I'll probably start working on my first set of AA's so I don't have to worry about not having sow.

Again, thanks for all the help :)  This place is great!
Khillarri