Main Menu

2 boxing 51 bst and 53 cleric

Started by horda, October 15, 2004, 01:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horda

Hello my brothers I just did a char transfer to get my cleric over to my other account so i can 2 box a liltte more safer then using my 36 druid  i have some questions on where to go now .Been doing the boats in dulak harbor not too bad but seems to easy . have the cleric doing all aa for now just want some back up spots to think of

a/c    
kael
j/p  
dulak
mines of nurga  looks like they  lv 45 max is this right  (eq atlas)
nadox mines look a bit temping

also when i get bst to aa lv is it possable to stay in a zone for ever since you not getting any higher if 100% aa?

danaconda

I have a 51 beast and 44 cleric teamed up now. I tried nurga.... wasn't really happy with it. Second tier kills took too long and with no snare they got too far. First tier was too easy, but the exp was solid. I am probably going back to Dulak's Harbor soon. If a boat is too easy, move to the next one. If all are camped, do the warehouse near the Togiran Mines exit.

What I was thinking of trying was getting the cleric to 46+ and try out one of the planes. My cleric has a lizzie mount so mana regen won't be too bad (probably gonna get KEI just in case). I like a fun fight with good exp per kill rather than lots of mobs with smaller exp per kill, so efficiency is not what I'm about..... well, sometimes I try to maximize exp/hour just not usually. No rush to get to 70 for me.

If anyone knows if cleric/bst duo can do any planes, please let me know  :D
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Hereki

Beastlords are about lots of low blue kills, not high blues.  In Nurga, the stun proc stops them running too far; for this to work, you need the lowest blues you can kill.  Sticking in a level with some light blues works for this.

danaconda

I know, lots of low blues has been said many times and I agree. However, I like to hunt in many places, exploring as I go to maximize fun, not efficiency.

I do however like to grind out exp as efficiently as possible sometimes, so yes, I go lots of easy blue kills for those scenarios. For that, tier 1 of nurga was good exp.

I was 3-boxing before the whole "auto-follow got broken thing" and no matter what level of blue it was, with a necro and beast tearing up the mobs they would go down fast. So I looked for more exp/kill in those situations because respawns usually meant that I would sit around with my thumb up my butt waiting. Now I just duo box my beast and cleric so I try for same type mobs because IMO they are more fun. Grinding isn't fun so low blues bore me most of the time.

For soloing there is no reason to not go for low blues though. You're looking for efficiency in most scenarios (unless you gotta go afk alot, so downtime doesn't matter). Fortunately for myself, I no longer solo. I did the whole solo thing with my necro for a looooong time and that is too boring for me now. Once I get my cleric to 47+ (in grouping range for LDoN's) I will go back to 3-boxing.
Dedlee Beatdown retired

danaconda

Just took my beast/cleric combo over to Gulf of Gunthak last night. I was originally hoping to camp either Lady D or Dando boats in Dulak's but they were both camped and so was armory, so I took a stroll over to the castle in Gunthak. WOW! I was quite surprised how good the exp was. So easy too. Single pulls were simple because mob spacing was very nice. All dark blue to my beast, and also to my cleric (who finally dinged 44! Helllooooooo Temperance :D ). I don't expect to be able to hunt here for too much longer, maybe another level or two on the beast. However, I am going to use this area to PL my cleric a few levels while the beast is on 100% AA.

For your 53 cleric you might be slightly too high, with some mobs being light blue, however, inside the castle there are luggalds, who conned yellow to my cleric when he was 43 and they were quite a nice challenge with the fight lasting well over 3 minutes and many heals thrown at beast.

For anyone interested in where to set up camp and how to pull.... here's my quickie-guide on this area:

I am assuming you know where the castle is in Gulf of Gunthak. If not, it's simple. Head to Dulak's harbor zone, but when you get to the town before zone you head left instead of straight through town. You will come to a huge hill, go up the hill and you will find the castle. Anyways....

I set up right at the foot of the stairs. Maybe back about 10 feet or so. You can sit in this area safely as the aggro range of surrounding mobs is quite small. Firstly, if you don't have snare you want to make sure you kill the lone mushroom that's directly behind you if facing the stairs. [Bonus to killing mushrooms in this area (light blue at 51) is that they have a chance to drop Clarifying Spores which have one clickie charge of clarity]Thats where all the mobs will flee to on low hp. Begin by pulling either initiate at the base of the stairs. They are usually very easy, with ogres being slightly (and I stress slightly) harder than the others.

Once those two are dead, head up the stairs a bit and pull the right first (don't know if it matters, but I never got an add pulling right one first, so why jinx it?). Make sure to pull all mobs back to camp and don't fight on the stairs. If the mob is on the stairs at all when it hits low hp to flee, it will head UP the stairs instead of away.

Ok, now you have two left up top of the stairs. It's tough to get a single pull up here, but it can sometimes be doable. (Having 2 come at you is no big deal, you can handle that) I used proximity aggro to pull the left one first. As soon as I saw the aggro message I stood still. The pathing is strange on the stairs and it seems mobs are afraid of going down them without using the middle of the stairs  :lol: . Wimps! Anyways, if you stand there, the mob will run away from you towards the middle of stairs, then when it goes down it veer off in your direction and occassionally avoid aggroing the other. Doesn't always work, but it's nice when it does. Kill him and move onto the other when you're done.

These mobs have a semi-long respawn rate, so you should be ahead of the spawn. You can get another initiate up top if you want, or med up and wait for respawns while killing any mushrooms that unluckily get in your line-of-sight. They are very easy, so why not commit mass slaughter on them in hopes of grabbing another clarity?  :twisted:

The other mob you want is another static spawn near the castle. When you reach the top of the stairs, turn right at the big doors, without going through them. Follow the castle wall and you will run into another initiate. Pull it back to your camp and kill it also. By this time you might be getting respawns. If not, there is a door right where you pulled that last initiate from that has more initiates inside. I haven't tried pulling them yet, but I plan on bringing my necro soon for added DPS and snare, so I might wind up setting up camp there soon. Let ya know how that goes later.  :wink:
Dedlee Beatdown retired

Taiglin

Would second the vote for Nurga and also mention the Vamp Castle in Tenebrous Mountains. Xp isn't as good as some places but isn't bad nor is the vendor loot.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

danaconda

I think I might have to take you up on that vamp castle idea. I never hunted any vampires, and they sound like fun.  :twisted:

Are the pulls from the castle easy? are there any I might have to paci split? I usually don't mind heading in with no hints, so if you reply don't spoil too much  :wink:

I'm gonna try this camp out tonight or tomorrow myself and see how it goes. If all else fails, there's always some grimlings I can kill one zone over. Or maybe even katta guards.  :twisted:

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot. Do the vamps count as undead? If so, my cleric can do a bit more than just heal! And maybe I'll bring my necro over for some more fun and the fact that he can drop a 70% undead slow on them! I believe he is dubious to the vamps, so he can scout them out if needed.
Dedlee Beatdown retired

danaconda

Ok, I feel a little silly now. I have a dark elf cleric grouped with my troll beastie. I have known about the clickie snare necklace for a long time now. I haven't gotten it since I've usually heard it isn't all that great. But now that runners have started to cause me some problems (I don't trio with my necro much anymore) I have considered getting it. Does anyone use it currently? And if so, is it worth doing? The quest seems fairly easy for my 51bst/44clr combo.

Any feedback on it would be great. For anyone that doesn't know what it is, check the link here to see the item.
Dedlee Beatdown retired

Hereki

I have the snare necklace on a troll shaman.  The quest will be very easy to do - a DE cleric can solo the second necklace at 20, and by 30 even a cleric can solo the final one.

I find it useful, even with the shaman in his 50s.  The thing to watch is that the snare can be resisted, and only lasts for a few seconds; I think it might be 30 secs.  It also is only a partial snare, and won't stop runner entirely.  So I wait for the mob to get down to the 25-35% hp range, and chain cast until it sticks or the mob is dead.

Our stun procs have just as much effect in slowing a mob, I find - although there would be extra value in having both applied.

danaconda

I don't have any stun procs yet myself. The 51 warder buff sucks for normal combat I found. It has a big knockback and I only use it when I will have casters against me. I want to get a good stun-proccing weapon but at 51 with a small bank account, I don't see that happening anytime soon.  :(
Dedlee Beatdown retired

Hereki

The knockback proc includes a stun, and makes a major difference against casters.  Almost every mob in Nurga is a caster of some sort, certainly 70% or so - only ones that aren't are the warriors, rogues and rats.

danaconda

I know it includes a stun, but I only use it when facing casters as the knockback is quite irritating.  :evil:

I stopped hunting in Nurga for the moment so casters aren't a problem anywhere else. Plus, I have 3 stuns loaded on my cleric for that rare caster I do face. BTW..... I got the snare necklace now  :twisted: Runners will no longer be a problem! I might head back towards Nurga now and just suck it up and slaughter all of tier 1. Once I get out of 51 I might consider dropping to tier 2. I get bored of grinding in any one place very quickly (must be ADD or something  :lol: ) so I might go back to Dulak/Gunthak also.....

53 I plan on hitting up Grimling Forest since they will all be single pullable by then. And I remember how profitable those little "Ben Stiller" look-a-likes were!
Dedlee Beatdown retired