Main Menu

AC

Started by Gariyn, January 07, 2004, 02:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gariyn

I've been soloing in AC since I was lvl 57.

At 57 I would set up at zone in and pull the mobs there.
First the one that spawns at ZI. Then proceed to pull the Ritulist (sp) room by the time you have pulled up to the PH for the ritulist you should be getting repops.

At 58 I could clear the whole ritulist room and single pull the place holder for the Primalist. Max sure you are at max pulling range for the primalist.

I will proberly stay here until 60 and work on AA's from there as most will still be DB.

It has become my favorite zone now as it's good for making pp and  good exp.

All I ask if anyone goes there from my server GET OUT LOL, or at least invite me to play.

Also some times I group with a 57 BL and we can hold both Ritulist and Primalist easy.

:twisted:
Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Serval

I tried this at level 57 and maybe I missed something.  I max buffed my pet and myself and hit the first mob to the left from zone in.  I walked in slow till I got aggro from the first Ritualist and I almost killed him four times with him healing himself completly each time.  It was a very close battle for just one kill.  Pet did have pet stun.  Tell me if I missed something, because I would try it again.

Serval
58 Beastlord Cazic Thule server

Gariyn

No you dont seem to be missing anything here. May be I am just lucky I always seem to be able to interupt the CH spell either with DD spell or with my weapons. Also you dont need to get in agro range I just use slow to pull them single.

:twisted:
Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Tailzin

Personally I found AC to be a nightmare...without a "slam" and any form of stun spell other than the stun effect on the pet its a risky place to be, I found they gated a little too often and came back with their mates :roll:

Practice makes perfect perhaps, even trying to nuke them down before they finish casting wasn't too effective.
Tailzin
65 Feral Lord
## Venril Sathir ##

Tommba

Damn, I knew making a barb was the right choice. :D  If my pet doesn't interrupt the caster mobs I always do, with slam. I go through some fights taking 0 damage sometimes, due to the chain casting mobs not getting a spell off here. Runners are really not a problem if you pull to the right spot (I mostly pull to the pool-room end of the small room to the left of the entrance , this gives the mobs plenty of room to run and 90% of the time I don't need to nuke them down). At 59 when you get Blizzard Blast, you should never get unwanted adds due to runners, because you can just spam this nuke and the mob will be dead within a few feet.

I've only been here a few times and haven't had the Ritualist spawn yet, gonna try the Primalist today. Named here at 59 are just sugar coating though really, XP and cash are awesome even without named drops.  :lol:

I tend to just tank all the mobs here and heal myself at this lvl, I seem to use more mana healing the pet here even though the pet heals are more efficient. Starting to get that aul' lvl 48 pet feeling again.  :evil: Anyway, if you tank all the mobs and don't waste much mana on each fight (I typically only slow the mobs, then maybe use 1 450pt nuke if it's a melee), you can kill forever and then some unless you get a chain of adds or something. SP really helps here too.

EDIT: On another note, dump all your Stat gear when you go here and put on all your resist gear if you have any, none of these mobs will take you anywhere near low health and I hover at about 70-80% mana all the time with KEI and SP here. If you get your resists high you can coast through the caster fights actually gaining mana and HP instead of it going down.  8)
Baron http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=888523">Tommba Braderick <http://www.dieringtraeger.de">Die Ringtraeger>
64th Season Savage Lord
Vallon Zek

Atropine_BB

I have a question...

At lvl 55 will I be able to solo in AC?

My gear is top notch... Magelo.

So I guess my question is, will my pet be able to handle it?  I'm close to ding 56, so I will have a new pet soon.

Thanks
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Tommba

Yeah you should be able to solo there, but you'll be limited to the pool room and wanderers near the entrance  because you'll get 2 if you try and pull the 2 static spawns that guard the primalist and ritualist rooms at that lvl probably, BUT with your gear and when you ding 56 you'll be able to handle 2 mobs at once, although it will be hard. I'd try it definitely, would be very good xp at your lvl, but downtime might be alot.
Baron http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=888523">Tommba Braderick <http://www.dieringtraeger.de">Die Ringtraeger>
64th Season Savage Lord
Vallon Zek

Rytath

One thing to note..
If you are not a slam class, make sure that you have either spirit of flame or snow..
I had SoF and was soloing in there at 56 until 60... made a lot of cash and and a few drops fromt he ritualist/spiritualist..
One of those two pet procs is a must in here, if not able to slam

Thrashum Gud

Anyone have a link to a good (eqatlas quality if possible) map?  I have the one for the in game map but I like the printed ones too.

Tommba

Just dinged 60 and went back here and camped the small room to the left as you enter the primalist room, where there's a small river with 5 shiknars.  I just killed everything in there and work my way into the primalist room. All i can say is at 60 I am getting awesome experience. At 59 i was struggling to get 1 yellow per 3 hours, at 60 with new pet and slow i'm ripping through mobs and getting 1 1/2 yellow per 3 hours, even though some mobs are now going LB here. This place just gets better as I level!  :D

At least of VZ there is NO sanctum mob at the entrance now, been here frequently over the past 2 weeks, never seen it.
64th Season Savage Lord
Vallon Zek

Hereki

The sanctum mob hasn't been at AC zone in for several months now.

60 is effectively a half level; expect to get through it in a lot less time than 59.  Even 64 will probably take less time than 59 (possibly mainly because of where you will be hunting, though).

Kilern

Went here last night with a level 51 shaman partner last night and I was having problems. The ritualist/primalist camp was taken so we went to the pool room. The first pull I pulled single with Slow which the shaman overwrote when it got to camp. That one went ok but we needed a full pet heal even with shamans 60 percent slow. I was tanking some but I stepped out for DD and the pet was getting whacked.

Pulled the second one, on the left from entrance, and he decided to take a dip in the pool before coming to camp. Well he aggroed some hidden shaman mob, I assume in a room under the pool, and brought him along to the party. We got both of the mobs down but not before the shaman had slowed both of us and Doted us to high heaven. My friend had to zone to not eat a death when the NPC shaman wouldnt get off of him. After that we killed the last one in the room but it took a fair bit of time and mana to get it done.

As a bright spot a 65 ranger came in after the old ranger left the Ritualist/primalist spawn and showed us around. We formed a group for about half a hour and the pet tanked while I did DD and watched the Ranger Fatal shot about 1 mob in three. For the 30 minutes of killing we got about 142pp each. Not a great amount but we had no gems drop so I am sure this could be a great camp if stuff started to drop.

I know my equipment is pretty shabby but I really dont see how I will be able to solo here at 57. The only additional spell I get are Dex/GH/STA and while GH is something I want very badily it wont make that big of a difference on my ability to solo here.

Does SON/SOF make that big of a difference? Either way I dont have them so I can get better and safer experiance in either Dulak or Nurga. I think I will come back at 60 thought because I liked the zone setup.
Kilern Sechar
Level 56 Beastlord
Venril Sever

DontPetBear

I've camped the ritualist room (first right, first left) solo twice, and it's not easy.  My equipment is pretty good, but i wouldn't even consider trying to break that room without Virtue and Kei.  Once you have the room broken, it gets a little easier.  If you get a little behind, you can leave a mob near the entrance and pick it up on the next spawn cycle.

You have to watch out for dispelling and if your resists aren't over 100 your gonna get pasted by the casters.  The great thing is, if your resists are good, you can take No damage from them during a fight.  I went there with a 51 Necro, and it was pretty easy.  We got cocky and tried to work our way to the Primalist and got our butts handed to us.  One add can mean a death soloing, two guarantees i'm heading to the zoneline, IF i don't get rooted.

Spirit of Flame is a great spell in here, nothing like not getting beat on for quite a bit of the fight.  Don't forget to bash if you're an Ogre  and the mob is running away, keeps em from running if it lands.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=783301
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Rholin

I just went to Acrylia Caverns for the first time, after dinging 57.  I just got back from my first camp there.  I hung around the main entrance, pulling mobs there and stayed for about 45 minutes and gained a little over a blue.  I would have stayed longer, but the soulsoother I was fighting complete healed herself and then Blizzard Blasted me.  I died :(.  Should have took better care of my health, I was down to 25% at the time.  I got too used to fighting melees-only in Dulak.  Plus, I was personally stunned that she complete healed herself and was thinking about what to do next.  Actually, this is my first time taking on casters in the 50's.

Up until the point I died, I had little problems with the casters.  I seemed to be able to interrupt their spells without slam or Spirit of Snow or Flame.

Alas, my corpse is sitting at the zone in line.  Wasted 50pp on a KEI.  Arrgh!

Is there any spell we can cast that will interrupt a caster?  Especially the Complete Heal ones!

swamprat

Once I hit 58 (4 blue to go) I'm going back to AC with a few Gnoll hide whips (procs stun) to give to croczilla. Along with SoSnow I wouldn't think the caster should get a spell off.

I'm done some of 56 and 57 in AC, and with pet bashing from behind and the proc going off, and me bashing from the front very rarely does a C-heal go off.

Other then that I'm not sure. The whips were going for around 150-200 pp each on Xev last I looked. You can easly pull that much in runes in AC in a few hours.
Swamprat and Croczilla
57 Beastlord on Xev, BBSCO
My Really Bad Gear