Main Menu

AC

Started by Gariyn, January 07, 2004, 02:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontPetBear

This weapon might help you out.  Got one, but haven't tried it myself there.  Will try it and make sure it works next time I run over there.

http://www.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6811
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Rholin

I went back and am having an easier time, now that I know more about the Complete Heal thing.  Made 650pp in 1:40.  Not as good money as Dulak, but worth the trip I'd say.

Has anyone tried to imagine what those Grimlings are saying when they cast spells, and die?  Almost sounds like they are trying to sell a product or innocently voicing surprise at something.  I would swear during their death throes, the females say "Aww... son of a!"

Oneiromancer

Quote from: RholinMade 650pp in 1:40.  Not as good money as Dulak, but worth the trip I'd say.

:shock:

Er...what are you doing with all that Acrylia that drops, then?  In that amount of time I would think you would get nearly 2k in Acrylia, unless the market for that has totally dried up on your server for some reason.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Rholin

I destroyed 3 small bricks to make room.  I didn't know I was supposed to make the mother lode my first time there.  I must be doing something wrong.

:shock:

Oneiromancer

Heh, check the prices for all of the Acrylia in the Bazaar on your server.  On Kane Bayle I can sell any piece for at least 40pp, depending on the market that night.  I have on occasion priced them between 60 and 100 pp (in order of increasing weight) and sold them all in 15 minutes.  I kind of felt bad pricing them that high, but if the market can bear it, I'll do it.  I'm a wuss about pricing anyway, I'll lower the price consistently if something doesn't sell, but I usually start high-ish just in case.

Anyway!  Don't sell the Acrylia pricks and pieces to vendors, and destroy those Etched Acrylia Runes before you destroy the tradeskill items!  (The runes are good money to vendors, just not as good as the bricks and pieces to other players.)

Game on,

DontPetBear

I just had a great night in AC.  Snuck into Primalist camp after a 65 had left (really really hard breaking that camp).  First repop got the Primalist and the Acrylic Chestplate, last repop of night got the Grimling Skin Mask.

A level 65 Bst wandered in about halfway thru camp, and gave me some good buffs (sorry can't remember the name).

I had to purchase some 100% weight reduc. bags just to be able to walk after i hunt there.  That acrylia weighs a ton.  Any words/runes i destroy, except for the Weird names ones.  They drop a lot and go for up to 5pp each.  I use the Acrylia for my Tailoring right now, but could sell it easy for 30-50 per piece/brick.  I'd never destroy them.

Can confirm the Baton of Royal Stature does proc on the Grimlings there.  The stun is nice, but I like my Katar better in there.

I've been buying up Serrated Bone Dirks and using them.  They still wander a bit (very slowly) at 20%, but stop dead at 10%.  Very useful pet toy.

To make the best plat for your time, I'd suggest camping either the Primalist or Ritualist.  Either way, the exp. is really nice here.  I ding an AA about every 4 hrs. or so.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Sardarni

I did a lot of AAxp and plat farming there at level 60.  What I did was get the 2 of the 100% weight reduction (giant 10-slot) and 1 75% along with rest are the talored hand bags.
I'd go to bazaar and buy the pet toys, go to PoK for KEI then go to AC by way of Cat City.
After about 1.5 hours (my allocated time for the night) I'd have all the bags filled. (Put the Acrylia in the big WR bags and the runes into handbags) then run to the outpost in GF and sell the runes.  Then run to bank and deposit money and put Acrylia in shared slot for the bazaar mule.
The next day I'll go from the outpost to AC and continue farming, when the bags are full agin, my KEI is usually gone too.  Then I'll gate hammer out, go to PoK and cash in and log for the night.
I usually got 2K a night from runes (I'd sometimes destroy words) and bazaar selling the Acrlia.  If I got named drops I got more plat of course.
At level 60 I figure I got maybe 200Kpp (upgraded every slot I had) and 10-15 aa.

At 62, I'm back there and farming stuff again, got 60K in bank and waiting to buy the 2 big level 65 spells and working on MGB. They are LB in Outer AC and the AAxp is a little slower then FG.
I tried Inner AC once and died quickly with adds, I need to find a good spot to pull, I did find a exit there.

Rholin

Heh, so the real money from AC is made at the bazaar, then.

Well, I dried up my interest in the bazaar except for buying items.  I can live with the vendor prices for now.  When I get more bored with the XP grind and want some nicer items, I'll do the bazaar thing again and start selling the Acrylia drops.

Oneiromancer

Man, you'll be missing out on a lot of money.  Just /ooc in PoK or the Bazaar that you're selling Acrylia, even price it at 20-30 pp each and if you don't sell out in 10 minutes I will be freaking amazed.  You won't have to set up a vendor or anything.  Really, that's the whole point of farming in AC, except for the named drops, in my opinion.  Might as well go to Dulak and get the 5pp vendor trash and gems to get your money.

Just my opinion...hate to see the Acrylia go to waste though.

Game on,

Rholin

Well, ok, you were right.  Just for kicks I set up a mule and sold chunks of Acrylia that I brought back.  My bank account has become modest.  Although I doubt it will reach 200K by level 60.  I don't suspect it will even hit 50K.

Oneiromancer

Good for you! :D

It seems to me that prices on Acrylia have gone up.  When I first got random chunks from Dawnshroud Peaks, 60 pp was about the most I would ever get for anything.  After a recent run through AC, when I set up my trader mule I noticed that all the prices were around 115 pp for everything but pieces.  So I set mine at 100 and sold out pretty quick.  A friend of mine had been duoing with me, and he set his higher...and didn't sell them at all overnight.  By the next morning the average price had gone down to 75 or 80, and he still hadn't sold them.  Eventually I think he told me he finally sold them around 90 during a dry spell.

Perhaps it's timing, or just strange economics.  But Velium prices seem to have gone up too.  /shrug.

Game on,

danaconda

Anyone know if a 51 beast and a 44-ish cleric can do well here? If not, do you think when the cleric hits 46+ we would do well in PoN killing trees and birds? (we could possibly have a 54 necro join us if the DPS isn't enough to keep me alive)

Another thing. At what lvl do the guards outside of AC start to single pull? I know a 53 can do it, but can a 51? (If I don't get a response I will try it myself anyways  :twisted: )
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)