Main Menu

Extended Swarm AA

Started by bobokatt1970, January 25, 2009, 01:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

I haven't observed any active killing of pets by the Yowl cast.

The overlap is small, which is confirmed by the math:
Extended pet lifetime 18 + 3 = 21 seconds
Recast time on Yowl: 18 seconds
Cast time on Yowl: 3 seconds base, modified = 1.5 seconds
21 - (18 + 1.5) = 1.5 second overlap, assuming you're on the ball chaining the spell

Agree with the Forced Rejuv comment as well. Hard to do real testing with a 1-hour reuse, but I've not observed any issues when I do use it.

I haven't been testing proc pets.

Catnip_Inny

last time i tried this it did kill my wolf pets... i havnt tried since obviously because i dont like killing my swarm pets early...

Nusa

Ok, just to be sure, I just did a quick test. I waited until I got a 4-wolf cast, hit Forced Rejuv and got a 1-wolf cast. The previous 4 wolves did NOT go away...I had all 5 of them up at once for a good 15 seconds or so.

edit - And shortly after writing the above, I clearly observed the same thing with normal chaining. 4-wolf followed by a 1-wolf. There was a clearly visible, albeit short, overlap before the original 4 wolves went away.

Should be easy enough for anyone with all 3 ranks of extend to replicate. (Hint: dont wait for your UI to show Yowl as available...start hitting the cast key when it's about time to avoid wasting idle time.)

Khauruk

Quote from: Nusa on August 29, 2009, 09:06:11 AM
And shortly after writing the above, I clearly observed the same thing with normal chaining. 4-wolf followed by a 1-wolf. There was a clearly visible, albeit short, overlap before the original 4 wolves went away.

Yes indeed, and this has always been the case.  Since in a 4-proc, the wolves don't all spawn simultaneously, there is overlap time, which is now extended further w/ this AA.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

Just thought it needed an extra test since we had two different people saying it killed pets early, which my own observations say is not the case.

wildwaters

I didn't run tests but I spent several hours boxing in the precipice of war for purity augs.

I chain cast beast pet and alt tabbed and noticed multiple times 5 up when my 4 proced first and single after. I had a good view of all five from the sk.

I think maybe some of the confusion maybe due to a four proc followed by another four proc where the first set of wolves begin depoping just as the others are beginning to spawn.

Catnip_Inny

Tried it the other night and it worked fine, perhaps the kiling of my swarm pet i observed was simply the timer expiring due to the extended AAs not working and maybe i was a lil slow mashing the yowl key after using forced rejuvenation :)

glad this works the way it should@!