Main Menu

enhanced aggression

Started by melikemilk, March 28, 2009, 01:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melikemilk

Question is, is this AA worth getting and how much DPS dose each atk help us out?

Melikemilk

Mardag

I believe it was parsed out to about 10atk per 1dps but it does decrease as yout ak goes up.

Kanan

/chuckle.. as I've said before: I find it pretty bloody useless an AA.  I show up very well on parses, and I'm at a rather low attack for a fairly high end bst (think only ranks of enhanced I got bcs I wasn't willing to buy the dot crits at that time a few years ago and was running outa other AAs).

I'm always of the opinion that fero is a useless spell, bcs I think all it does is make someone's e-peen a lil bigger so they can say they have 4k attack atm.  By the same token, I feel this AA line to be pretty useless too.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

Quote from: melikemilk on March 28, 2009, 01:34:10 PM
Question is, is this AA worth getting and how much DPS dose each atk help us out?
Quote from: Mardag on March 28, 2009, 04:24:45 PM
I believe it was parsed out to about 10atk per 1dps but it does decrease as yout ak goes up.

Attack is entirely a sliding scale that changes based upon what you're fighting, how much attack you have, what expansion you are in, level in relation to mob, etc,...

I.e. this question is unanswerable, and the second statement cannot be made generally.

That being said, general "wisdom" is that currently attack above 3000 to 3500ish is of minimal value.  That first number at least is readily acheivable without any ranks of Enhanced Aggression.  Prior to SoF content, that number is more along the lines of 2000 to 2500 attack.

To stress this, however:  Attack is not a stat that you're expect to have to work to functionally max anymore - it's a Luclin era stat that is not designed to be hard to "cap."  When mob AC was boosted for SoF, it was intended that average players would be at the point of minimal returns on attack (paraphrased from Maddoc iirc, from the SoF beta forums).  This point of minimal return should be even lower for solely group content.

Note:  This has been inadequately parsed.  Inphared did a bit of parsing on Fero last year (somewhere on teh boards), but it's hard to do any real-world testing of this stat.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Latang

I did a pair of 3 hour parses on lvl 90 dummy on test, 1 with 85 fero and 1 without, and it was about 20dps more total dps (Since buffs don't fade, I also had the buffs from the last raid on and busted out my spirit frenzy disc). Fero test was 3500 ish attack, non fero was 3100 ish attack. I know, not a test nazi with all the correct settings and absolute data, but it wasn't really for publication, just my own piece of mind. Since then (the day testcopy started working ) I haven't memmed it again, and seeing as I'd published the parse data on our guild message board, not one zerker, rogue or monk have asked me for it. Cong us on a rubbish spell, now I fully understand what people were bitching about.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Kanan

I may have to try doing a parse like this one night soon, since tax season's eliminating my raiding for the most part for the next 2 weeks.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar