Main Menu

First Spire v. Second Spire

Started by Wolfcaller, April 09, 2009, 09:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfcaller

I bought second spire (all 3 ranks) without realizing it had the same re-use timer as first spire.  Is one of the two spires always better dps than the other (in which case I can scrap one of the hotkeys), or does it depend on the situation?

Much thanks.

wildwaters

Firenz

I only use the first spire.  When the Second Spire first came out it didn't do anything at all really.. not sure if it's fixed now though.

Kanan

I like first spire bcs it stacks with everything pretty much that we do, disc wise.

My discing hotkey now has it built in.  And it's duration is such that you can pop BA after EF fades for even more bang for your buck.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

wildwaters

I was looking around at the spire threads and seems most beasts use one. I'm not sure why I use 2 hehe. But as 3rd is supposedly fixed im gonna finish that one off and tie it into my dps key to up group damage.

Inphared

Camikazi

Quote from: Inphared on April 10, 2009, 03:39:16 PM
Use third.

In what situation would Third Spire be better then First?

Inphared

All of them, I suppose? Damage mod greater than GBA, with accuracy tied in, and it hits your entire group.

Camikazi

Quote from: Inphared on April 10, 2009, 05:23:04 PM
All of them, I suppose? Damage mod greater than GBA, with accuracy tied in, and it hits your entire group.

9:     Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 30%
11:    Increase Chance to Hit by 7% with All Skills
12:    Increase ATK by 12

Bolded the important part, that part makes it NOT better then First spire.

Old parse but Nedrom parsed the 200% Min dmg mod in the higher Feros to be little over 24DPS over 4 hours, so I doubt 30% over 1.5 min will even be parsable. The 7% might be useful (for everyone but us since Wurine is 20% and they don't stack) but I still don't think it will outdo First since most every melee class has some type of Chance to Hit % chance AA or ability.