Main Menu

Questions on advanced BL path

Started by umarian, June 01, 2009, 08:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umarian

So I need some advice on which direction to go.  I know this is posted a lot, but usually it is for a lower AA toon.  Some info on toon......
Lvl 85
Buffed with Unity RK 2....Gall RK 2....SE and SV (Both RK 2)
HPs - 28327 (With Clickies and leopard can top out at 31K)
Mana - 20927
End - 21819
AC - 3166
ATK - 2391
733AAs spent + 1 banked

I am thinking that I want to focus on my DPS and need to know which AAs are worth spending points on from here on to get the best increase in DPS.  See List below for what I have and level.

General:
Combat Agility - 28/28, Combat Stability - 25/28, Innate Regen - 3/25, Innate Run - 4/5 (Thought I had it maxxed already), Mystical Attuning - 1/7, Planar Power - 2/20

Archetype:
Combat Fury - 6/6, Finishing Blow - 1/18, Mnemonic Retention - 1/2, Perfected Levitation - 1/1, Persistent Minion - 1/1, Pet Affinity - 1/1, Spell Casting Fury - 3/3, Spell casting Reinforcement - 3/3, Suspended Minion - 2/2, Veteran's Wrath - 2/12, Weapon Affinity - 3/6

Class:
Ambidexterity - 1/1, Attack of the Warders - 1/3, Beastlords Feral Kick - 1/3, Bestial Alignment - 3/3, Bestial Frenzy - 1/10, Feral Swipe - 4/4, Focused Paragon - 6/6, Fundament of Power - 9/9, 1st Spire - 3/3, 2nd Spire - 3/3, Group Bestial Alignment - 1/1, Hastened Paragon - 3/3, Hobble of Spirits - 4/4, MGB 1/1, Natural Invis - 1/1, Pact of the Wurine - 1/2, Paragon of Spirit - 5/13, Pet Discipline - 1/1, Physical Enhancement - 1/1, Planar Durability - 2/3, Sinister Strikes - 1/1, Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery - 1/1

I had tried to get a good spread at first, then max out the ones that I had started....now I am unsure.  Most of the posts about this mention AAs that I already have.  so now I am trying to find out where the rest of you went from here.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

Bestial Frenzy is likely the best offensive AA we have...I hope that 1/10 is a typo. I'm sure it's mentioned in the newbie guides, even.

Burst of Power

Fury of Magic and Destructive Fury

Weapon Affinity. Veterans Wrath, at least a few more levels if not all of them.

At least one of the animal attacks...I suggest Bite of the Asp, but your choice. Not only free dps, but our best deaggro tool. Our other one is Roar of Thunder, of which the first level is cheap -- save the others for much later, imo.

The second level of Pact of the Wurine.

Critical Affliction if you're a big DoT user.

Planar Power until your gear no longer maxes your useful stats.

Order is somewhat up to you and your playstyle preferences.  Remember that levels from earlier expansions generally have a bigger impact than those from later expansions.

Byratan

For more HP, finish Planar Durability and do Natural Durability (General, 6 levels)...

Mana regen (allowing more spells) thru Mental Clarity and Expansive Mind...
HP regen thru Innate Regen and Natural Healing...

Attack thru Enhanced Aggression...

Feral Swipe (another button to push)

Maylian

Mnemonic Retention max'd for sure as well. That could happily be another nuke, dot, or something useful.

As Khauruk says max out Frenzy and Burst of Power. Feral Swipe is a very good investment as well as more Veteran's Wrath. Spell AA's like Fury of Magic etc are excellent and healing AA's as well, very helpful if you're using lifetap procs / weapons.

umarian

Great!  Thank you for the help.  I know what to work towards now.  I never did the other attacks (Roar, snake, gorilla, raven) cause I did not know which was best to get in which order.  Seen a lot of posts on the boards, but no real indication which is better to me at least.

Sharrien

I mostly use Asp, at least 90% of the time.  I also use Raven sometimes when we are engaging a high dps named on raids, /shrug, maybe it makes a difference maybe not, but if it helps keep our tank from going splat in the first few crucial seconds of a fight, then it's worth it.  When pet tanking tier 4/5 named I usually start out with Ravens then as well, just to make sure the mercs have a chance to get going on heals.  Gorilla I've used very rarely when trying to interrupt a mob attempting to gate or run away.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre