Main Menu

Required AA's for applying to a guild entering MMM?

Started by Praxxis, June 12, 2009, 04:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Praxxis

Trying to figure out what AA's would be good to list as a requirement before applying to a guild just now entering MMM and also totalling that number up?

I've been asked to put together a list and I'm sorta scratching my head on it, lol.  And also keep the required AA's for levels up to 80.  Since right now the guild's required level to apply is 80.  Wouldn't make sense to add a required AA that needs a person to be above that just to get it, hehe.

Kanan

ummm.. dear god.. IMO, it would be simpler to set a minimum AA count than to list em out.

I suppose the "Basic Requirements" now would be:

FPoS
Para
MGB
Pet Hold
Pet focus
SCRM
Spell Casting Reinforcement
Hastened Focused Para [if 80 or below.. can't see that from my magelo]
Bestial frenzy 10/10
run 5
Pet Affinity

Those are what I would consider a requirement for one to contemplate raiding.

There's many more that I would consider a requirement as well, but, tbh, I'm unsure of how many AA that short list covers and unsure how many AA would fit the requirement to be functional for you.

A reason I agree with for not being overly detailed on a list is that a good app could be turned away if they see they are not meeting a certain particular AA that they missed, that they are 2 AA from completing, that they had no clue bcs they've not been here for our founts of wisdom, etc.

Setting a more general requirement of "well spent XXX AAs" should serve your purposes better imo.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

First, I'd ask how high of an AA count are you thinking of requiring - I'd base this off of a realistic view on recruitment potential.  One way to do it is to have a tiered requirement - if you want BST really bad, require X AAs.  If you don't need them so much, require 3x AAs.

Base things you want people to have:
Self-dps:
Feral Swipe - at least 3/4, pref. hastened feral swipe
Hastened Bestial Alignment maxed
Bestial Frenzy maxed
Burst of Power maxed (lower priority)
Crits - close to maxed, or maxed
Vet Wrath - variable.
Nuke Crits - set a number

Pet:
Pet Affinity
X lvl's of pet flurry AAs
Pet focus/hold
Suspended Minion/Persistent minion
Hobble maybe - some people like to have pet snare unsnareable mobs for kiting.
Pet heal AA line (set a number)

Self utility:
CA - at least 18
CS - same
Armor of Wisdom - maxed, IMO (it's of our best defensive AAs)
Run 5
FPoS - at least 1
Hastened FPoS
Para - set a number
MGB
SCM/SCRM
Mystical Attuning - unless you have tons of clicks. lvl5 should work well
Nat Durability - 6/6, poss. planar durability also
Mnemonic Retention - 2
Pact of the Wurine - 2
Group Shrink - optional
1min Deagro - one of the three
Nat. Invis - definitely!

I don't know how many this is, but it should be under 1,000, and is reduceable further based on what you feel important.  I'd call this to be most of our core AAs nowadays though.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

wildwaters

All paragon aa's
All pet control aa's
As many melee/pet flurry aa's as possible
MGB
Quick buff doesn't hurt
Maxed buff extension (for paragon primarily)
Pact of the Wurine maxed helps
Also where beasts are not mitigators maybe defensives through OOW and General sturdiness.

I started raiding with relatively few aa's (less than 900) but I always figured unless yer absolutely desperate for a beast that 1000-1500 aa would be a number that (if spent right) would make for a intermdediate raider in MMM or higher.

-wild

Catnip_Inny

i would say for a raiding MMM guild id want to see apps having at least 12 ranks of CA and CS... ive always been a def first DPS second kinda guy when building my bst cause your dps dont mean Jack if your dead... 12 ranks might be a lil high but realistically its not that much (mines maxed)

Kanan

Quote from: Khauruk on June 12, 2009, 06:09:54 PM
First, I'd ask how high of an AA count are you thinking of requiring - I'd base this off of a realistic view on recruitment potential.  One way to do it is to have a tiered requirement - if you want BST really bad, require X AAs.  If you don't need them so much, require 3x AAs.

Our guild does something like this for all classes.  TBH, how AAs have been spent is one facet of indication of how much work one has put into their toon, imo.

Karve

If as a rule of thumb you said 800 minimum, you'll have a fairly solid bst, I know I'm about 6 off 900 now and starting to see the returns of them.

The trouble with bsts is the aspects of the char, caster, melee(avoid/dps) and pet.
You could go any way in putting aa's into casting, pet healing, tanking or DPS and each would cost you a lot to max. because of my playstyle (bit of everything) maxing DPS / avoidance / spellcasting so far, nerarly 900 done with the pet having extraordinarily little in the way of invested aa's (other than pet control/suspended minion/ and 1 or 2 in each pet aa).

If you spec a list and someone has started on a different path, it could give them alot of aa's to catch up. If you said 900 .. whatever, you're likely  to find someone whos doing well enough already. Unless that is you really do want to be very specific about who you take.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Altof

from what i noticed once i hit 800-900 aa's is when everything started comming together, if they're well spent.

Few i'd recommend
-Mystical Attuning 7/7
-of course combat agi/stabiity 18/28 on both for best return (higher is always better)
-Planar power aa's help quite a bit at 20/20
-Ambidexterity/sinister strikes
-bestial frenzy 10/10
-focused paragon 6/6
-pact of wurine 2/2
-natural invis
-feral swipe 4/4
-pet discipline (hold, focus)
-pet affinity

semi long list, i could go on with alot of useful ones, but this is a good 500 aa's (complete guess). more is always better such as any DPS aa's you can find (minus taste of blood, don't get it, it's bad)

Kanan

/chuckle.. I rmember what a big deal it was for me to ding 300 in KT years ago same time as a seriously high AA guy dinged 700.. my, but how things have changed in a few years, where we have to consider almost 1k to be an effective toon nowadays.

Nusa

I remember when 300 AA's was enough to have every AA worth getting (at the time).