Main Menu

quick and easy aa question..

Started by trixbro, July 10, 2009, 02:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trixbro

at 10/20 on warders fury, and 1/12 on veterans wrath.....which one to max out first?

thanks

Inphared

Khauruk

I'm supposed to answer these questions, so I can look all cool 'n' stuff.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

trixbro

thanks as always to both of you    :-D

see dont you feel better now khauruk?

Selronis

General rule of thumb that I use on aa's.

Upgrade myself 1st, Kitty 2nd.  I'm selfish like that. (there are exception for utility aa's such as pet snare level 2)

trixbro

I would think that would depend on the particular aa's at times. I couldnt see getting veterans wrath maxed before, say, pet flurry.....

Maylian

Quote from: trixbro on July 10, 2009, 02:29:59 PM
I would think that would depend on the particular aa's at times. I couldnt see getting veterans wrath maxed before, say, pet flurry.....

Then why ask the original question? Personally I'm the same I put pet a distant 2nd / 3rd to personal dps and utility.

Sharrien

With the horde of pets I have out swinging at mobs from Yowl, fabled fists and AotW it seems to me that pet dps AA is more important than is implied above, but I agree that you should max your personal dps first.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

trixbro

The orginal question was posted because I was unsure of which would provide a bigger benefit. The aa expenditures for both those lines will take several weeks to accrue for me due to play time. I agree with improving urself first as a general rule as well, but as sharrien stated we have multiple "pets" that the pet aa's benefit. Thus there is a level of uncertainty and reason for the question. Which is also implied when I stated that I thought it would depend on the aa's in question.    

I just read this after posting and it seems very defensive. That was not intentional. My rationale is simply that at times when reading these boards for advice on a particular topic, slight derails of threads leads to uncertainty. I just figure in the future, if someone had this same question they could see a simple answer for it........ I know, there are no simple answers in EQ.  ;)

Khauruk

Pet crits are almost useless....def. go w/ Vet. Wrath.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sikkem

I tend to go self first as a general rule also mainly because if the pet is dead I can still be swinging away but if I die the pet dies also. I don't have the fabled pet weapon though as I have just returned to EQ.

There are always exceptions also.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Kanan

Quote from: Sikkem on July 10, 2009, 10:44:49 PM
I tend to go self first as a general rule also mainly because if the pet is dead I can still be swinging away but if I die the pet dies also. I don't have the fabled pet weapon though as I have just returned to EQ.

There are always exceptions also.

That's the deal.. if you die, the pet doesn't stick around & keep killing.  The opposite, though... :)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

trixbro

OK, thanks Khaur. Thats what I needed to know.

Catnip_Inny

pet crits are more useful if your using the fabled pet claws from PoFire... it really helps your personal DPS... if u dont have those claws then id say hell no. Warder dps sucks :(

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Catnip_Inny on July 13, 2009, 07:55:54 PM
pet crits are more useful if your using the fabled pet claws from PoFire... it really helps your personal DPS... if u dont have those claws then id say hell no. Warder dps sucks :(
Im a pet flurry over pet crit kinda ogre...but I guess its personal preference.

but the best explanation that I like is....
Quote from: Kanan on July 13, 2009, 01:42:45 PM
Quote from: Sikkem on July 10, 2009, 10:44:49 PM
I tend to go self first as a general rule also mainly because if the pet is dead I can still be swinging away but if I die the pet dies also.

That's the deal.. if you die, the pet doesn't stick around & keep killing.  The opposite, though... :)
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus